Zum SC, Belkin Snape Case, iBiason.. which is thinnest?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jbrady3324, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I believe the Zum is the thinnest. I had the Belkin snap and it was thicker than the Zum. I also didn't like the Belkin as it had rough edges and I really wanted a case where the smart cover would be attached to the case itself. I don't have a iBiason but from what I've read it's a tad thicker than the Zum but it comes in more colors.

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

+1 on ZUM. I don't know the exact delta between it and the Belkin, but it feels quite a bit thinner and/or closer to the iPad to me.

4. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

Where can I purchase the zum? And does it come in more colors than frost?

5. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

You can but it off Amazon.

6. SYale macrumors member

If you want more colors, I have an Incipio smart feather. Same smart cover lock in mechanism. Just as thin. Only drawback is that they leave the top and bottom slightly uncovered. But I enjoy it a lot!

Edit: Zum SC only comes in frost at the moment.

7. jacob-07 macrumors regular

Not sure about the belkin, but I think the zum is slightly thinner than the iblason

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not sure about the Belkin but;

Zum frost = 1mm
    iBlason = 1.2 mm

Splitting hairs here really so doubt you'd even notice that small a difference. I use the Iblason myself and really dig it. Don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Considering all these kinds of cases are meant to be thin/lightweight, I sincerely doubt you'd find any great difference in thickness between them. Stats wise, the Zum frost is the thinnest.

9. macemily macrumors newbie

How about KaysCase. It's definitely thinner than Belkin. I just don't know how you guys find out if it's 1.0 or 1.1mm. Belkin would be thin enough for me.

10. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

I am going to with the Black Frost version of the i-blason or possibly the dark gray to match my smart cover.

Does anyone have a picture of

dark gray back cover and dark gray smart cover?