ZUM SC Ultimate Smart Cover Interlocking case review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ninerfan, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ninerfan, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

ninerfan macrumors regular

I received mine today and am so impressed. I want to share my initial impressions.

1. The packaging screams high quality, if packaging matters. Easy instructions are printed on the back of the clear package.

2. The back case itself is so thin and so lightweight, it is amazing.

3. Installation is a snap, no pun intended. You place the Smart Cover on, then literally snap the back case in place. The magnet rod on the Smart Cover is completely covered and virtually unremovable from the iPad unless you unsnap the case first, which would take all of half a second if needed.

4. All holes and cutouts are dead on accurate and the fit is perfect.

5. Looks great on. There is a raised ZUM logo at the top of the case but it looks completely integrated. The case is so clear (mine is pink), that you can read the writing on the back bottom of the iPad.

Those are the glowing positives.

If there is a negative (which would depend completely on personal preference), it would be that the aluminum edges of the iPad are visible everywhere except the right hand edge where the back snaps on (the opposite side of where the smart cover attaches).

Some people feel better with more padding and protection for the corners. I was more concerned about the Smart Cover constantly coming off the iPad so this works perfectly for me.

Hope this helps. The case is available now on Amazon. I have no connection whatsoever with this product or company. Just incredibly impressed!

2. MacLuv365 macrumors newbie

I heard some good reviews about this case but too bad I couldn't find it locally.

3. LTMK macrumors member

Just got mine today... Very nice case ... i will post a detail review this weekend.... :D

4. mmlo macrumors newbie

Would love to see some photos of this case from people who've bought it...