Zumocast media streaming app! Opinions?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Paulywauly, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Ive just gave this a try and am fairy impressed, its free, streams video and your itunes library from your mac and you can also view your media through a web browser over the net - awesome for those occasions at work when you want to kick back and watch something :)

Airvideo has been so dependable for video streaming i am hesitant to give up on it, but despite a few bugs Zumocast is looking pretty impressive in terms of features.

Only thing that bugs me is that i have a 64GB iPad and if i use this as well as Dropbox for pics i probably could have saved nearly £200 and went for the 16GB model back in May - in hindsight things are so clear :rolleyes:

Anyone else tried it yet?

2. abta1 macrumors 6502

I've been trying it out for a few days. Streaming movies from my PC to a 32GB wifi iPad. Works a treat, a little loading delay before the file plays but thats it and you can scan too.

You just select which folders you want to be shared and most file formats will play. All via wifi.

3. nanohits macrumors regular

nanohits

Wont really be a proper app till they offer streaming through your network drive like a NAS. I have deleted it and will re-look at it once they get streaming off a network drive working.