Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indyrs2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I just bought a new 27" iMac and im just waiting for it to arrive since i got the i7 processor and want to buy something else. I would run the zune software on the imac in bootcamp since they dont have a mac software solution yet. Im between a Zune HD and a Dell Mini 10v. I already have a ipod touch and i like it but i use my 3gs all the time. The only reason i would get the Zune would be because of the Zune pass so i don't feel guilty of pirating ( i do buy most of my music). Or a Dell mini 10v because im kinda sick of luging my macbook pro to school every day. The dell would be a great little around the house thing and maybe school thing. Im just wondering what you guys would do in this situation.

chill.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2008
it seems like your iphone/itouch already fills the role of a music player. while the zune hd is really nice, unless you need the screen i would go with the netbook because it seems to fill your needs better.

and can't you just get zune pass anyway and download the music, then port it over to itunes? (no clue, just guessing here)

solusoracle

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Spotify offline playlists offer similar functionality to Zune Pass for a similar small fee without the expense of buying another player.

Indyrs2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
it seems like your iphone/itouch already fills the role of a music player. while the zune hd is really nice, unless you need the screen i would go with the netbook because it seems to fill your needs better.

and can't you just get zune pass anyway and download the music, then port it over to itunes? (no clue, just guessing here)

Yea. You cant do anything with the music you get from the Zune pass besides play it on your computer or zune. Its all drm'ed and expires when you stop paying for the zune pass.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
I thought the mini 10 had GMA500 gfx, which people struggle with a lot if they wanna run osx on them

LouisBlack

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Balham, London
That's why you go with the 10v. :)

I just read the article on Giz. I wanted to install Leopard on a Mini 9 but they discontinued them before I got the chance. I'm glad they've sorted the chipset out on the v.

SO I say get the Mini 10v and have a small, portable laptop to compliment your nice, new powerful desktop :D

iTzChasE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
I'm thinking about selling my Macbook. I kinda need the Cash, and would just buy a Dell mini 10v, since I could always put OSX on it if I wanted. Maybe even the Asus 1005HA. I don't know what to do yet. I have to figure out how much my Mac is worth. (I have apple care till Nov 2011)

Uhhh.... I just don't want to regret it. I love my Macbook, but I hate only have about 2-3 hours battery life MAX and having to carry around a $1,500 computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.