Zune HD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SchneiderMan, Aug 13, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Zune HD coming out next month, And now i really want to get one but i only use mac, will it be compatible? maybe with 3rd party mac software?

If Microsoft makes the new Zune not compatible, i just wish apple would make all ipods/iphones non compatible with pc. :mad:

Thanks.

2. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Just wondering, how come you want a zune? or any mp3 player since you already have the 3GS

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Of course MS won't make the Zune cross-platform. They're not interested in chasing the Mac using community.

Microsoft Windows makes up ~90% of the market, Apple would be beyond stupid to remove iPod support from the overwhelming majority of their iPod customers.

The Zune isn't worth the trouble. Sure it looks fancy but the ecosystem of support, accessories and software isn't there and Microsoft are too late to the party to even compete.

4. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I want an OLED screen, i have ipods and also the ipod touch 2g..

Yes but i wanted to try this thing out, change it up a bit you know. they new interface looks good.

5. Meever macrumors 6502a

Bootcamp the sucker. Just make a small 20gig partition, pull all the music/video from the mac side.

ZuneHD looks fantastic and it's priced very reasonably. Not sure why you guys are hating.....

6. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

yeah but i really dont want to spend money on windows, i dont need it..
    i guess ill have to see what apple has to offer next month.

7. Meever macrumors 6502a

Windows 7 is free until next July. You can just use that until you can get a hold of a copy of windows from where ever. Just a though.

8. bearbear macrumors regular

Was going to get the new iPod Touch, but now I'm going to give the Zune HD a shot. Looks like MS finally has gotten their act together this time around.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Usable until next March.

10. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You, Mr. I-Buy-Nice-Things-Every-Day, doesn't want to spend money? Of all the reasons to want one, you want it for the OLED screen, lol. Just install Windows. I'm sure a 3rd party hack will work its way through the channels eventually to allow for Mac use.

11. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

haha i hate windows. yes i love that superrrrrrr clear oled screen :)

i hope 3rd party app will be available, btw hi from San Francisco :D its my first time here and it so much different then L.A. omg.

12. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there is rumor suggestting such a compatibility, official or not, or real or not, I dont know.

13. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

No official Zune Mac support, but until then you could take a look at this.

14. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I plan on buying a black 16gb one. Since I have bootcamp its not a big deal but I bought Vista for only $30 so its not expensive.