Zune...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iz3r, Jun 27, 2007.

1. iz3r macrumors member

iz3r

My Uncle got me a Zune for a graduation present....

Will this even work with the mac?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i would be ashamed of yourself for receiving a Zune. Your uncle is obviously trying to punish you for something :p

Nah it won't work with your Mac. At all. Ever. Because M$ reckon the way to fight the competition is with incompatibility ( .docx files, for example). Smart thinking, hey.

well when i say it won't ever work with your mac, i mean it won't work with Mac OS X. It'll work under Windows XP. i'm not sure if they've gotten it to work with Vista yet.

If he doesn't have the receipt to take it back, and you can't sell it, maybe chuck it in the iPod amnesty bin. Give the suckers a taste of their own sour Apples.

3. iShak macrumors 6502

leave the fanboyism out of help threads please.

at the moment, no. Zune is a Microsoft product and they have decided not to add support for Macintosh platform, it might change in the future and I am expecting some third party application to make Zune work on Mac as well, plus a Zune revision is due so keep your fingers crossed.

4. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

This is likely the most useless post I've ever seen on MRF. Aside from you stating that it won't ever work on a Mac (which is definitely untrue, I'm sure someone will come up with something soon), your post was completely irrelevant to the subject.

iz3r, I did some research and found a link you might find useful. You can view them here.

Hope that helps. In the meantime, I'd suggest sending Microsoft feedback.

5. iz3r thread starter macrumors member

iz3r

Thanks alot, commentary aside it was all helpful lol!

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

DON'T OPEN IT!! Sell it on eBay or something, then use the money to buy an iPod.