Zune

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by toonz diggler, Dec 10, 2007.

1. toonz diggler macrumors member

I have the microsoft Zune, and im looking to DL the software for my Leopard. I been having a tought time finding it. Can some 1 please assist me . Thanks

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its not possible without installing Windows on the Mac...

3. Muzzway macrumors regular

Yeah, it seems that Microsoft's Zune team doesn't want to acknowledge the Mac.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yeah, you're going to have to run something like Crossover/Parallels/BootCamp/etc for Zune support. MS hasn't ported the necessary software over.

5. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Yep. Should have gotten an iPod. Works with both OS, and I think it'll always top off the Zune, despite the fact that the Zune has a larger screen, but the iPod Classic/Video/Touch has more space.:apple:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't blame them! If people want a Zune they'll either install Windows on their Mac or they're switch. If someone was that dedicated to the Zune then I certainly could see it happening just as easy as some have switched to Mac after buying an iPod.

The new Zune is an extermely fine player. I got the chance to play with one and I would love to have one but I do not own a mac that will run windows so I'm sticking with my iPods. The Zune is in no way better because of a larger screen, it actually has a very good interface.

7. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

more space? no, zune 2 is 80G, zune flash is 4/8G.

also, are you suggesting OP to buy all of those iPods you mentioned?

parallels and bootcamp, I don't think crossover works in this case.

also, is bootcamp still available for Tiger at all?

9. Nakamura macrumors newbie

Zune's are good players, for the price you can pick them up nowadays! I bought mine just because I don't want to be part of the hundreads at my school who have iPods, so I was first (and still only) person at my school to ever own a Zune(UK, definatly no one over at my school who has one). Just install VMware Fusion and windows inside vmware with the zune software, vmware will allow you to use the zune cable to sync it(with usb), or you can also try the wireless sync, which I could never get Zune to connect to my wireless network.

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Wow, that's sorta stupid. You shouldn't resist buying something because many people use it, if that were the case Windows wouldn't have such a large market share, unfortunately.
    LOL, your Zune doesn't even connect to your wireless? Isn't that Microsoft's most marketed feature next to the useless Zune share?:D

11. Nakamura macrumors newbie

No its because my router is on channel 13, which in US isn't there, its channel 11 for top channel, for the money Zune is my favorite mp3 player, iPhone being my second(only because I don't have one and that they are expensive with 18month contract)

12. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i guess since this rhetoric goes both ways, how about we just drop this "populism" methodology, and just see which device provides the functions you need and looks "cool" in your own opinion.

13. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Absolutely! My point proven!:D SCREENS DON'T MATTER!

No, iPods now have 160GB!

14. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I'll put it this way, it's not that I hate the Zune but if it doesn't run on the Mac OS then Zune sux!
    It's totally retarded that Microsoft wouldn't extend the Zune software to run on the Mac OS. It's not like they got a ton of customers buying the Zune, they could certainly use some extra market share by extended it to run on the Mac OS.
    What I hate about Microsoft is because of this rival they have against Apple they screw Apple's customers and we are just the consumer that puts money in their pockets.