Zwift and the Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mbvlink, Dec 28, 2015.

1. mbvlink macrumors newbie

I'm currently using an early 2015, 1.6ghz 13" Macbook Air to run the Zwift cycling software app. I have a USB extension connected to the left USB port and also have the MagSafe charger connected. On the right side I have a Thunderbolt to HDMI cable connected to an LCD TV to mirror the Air screen to a much bigger screen.

This app runs great on the Air although it really eats through the battery and also causes the laptop's fan to run constantly. I can definitely feel the heat that is being generated.

Is anyone currently running Zwift on thier Macbook and if so, how did you configure the power/USB/HDMI connections? Also, performance. Since the fan runs continuously on my Air, does the Macbook's lack of a fan cause the performance to degrade. I really wouldn't want any dropouts or skips.

And if you're not running this app, any educated guesses would be appreciated. Looking to possibly pick up a Macbook come revision time.

Thanks in advance,

DM

2. mbvlink thread starter macrumors newbie

3. mbvlink thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I apparently replied to myself and I don't know how to remove the empty reply. Ha!

Anyway, I found one answer to my question regarding the connections, the AV Multiport adapter.

I'm still concerned about performance and heating.

Anyone. Anyone...

DM

4. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Seems no one is using this software can you not get a rMB on sale and return or go to a Applestore ?