Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

105812-dsc00182he2_200.jpg

Hackintosh posts some screenshots and Youtube Video from the upcoming iPhone 2.0 firmware.
Whats new? Visible changes are:
- Exchange Support
- Appstore
- Parental Controls
- SDK Support
- Calculator is more advanced
Apple has seeded the beta iPhone firmware to select enterprise customers and developers. The new firmware will be released to the public in June of 2008 and will introduce Exchange support as well as the iTunes App Store.

Article Link

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Parental Controls? You're kidding right? What kid under the age of 16 is carrying around an iPhone? If it's a richy rich kid then the parents probably don't have any interest in setting up boundaries for said kids.

djkirsten

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2006
all these amazing "interior" coding developements.....and a graphing calculator. Just what the doctor ordered.

Bring on the "where is flash?" and "I still hate the iPhone baecause I live in a cave and don't want to enjoy my phone" haters...

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Grr. The video isn't even iPhone conpatibe. I thought they finished that? Oh well. I hope I can get home and watch before apple makes them take it down.

grayskies

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
Not sure...

why the calculator didn't have a little more functionality from the start.

I figure it is not a main use for a lot of people but that is the beauty of the screen. I can be configured for considerable use variation.

A two line screen and more built in functions would be nice.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
No offense, but I dont give a crap about the calculator.

Give me more options in the mail app. Like saving image attachments, a reply to all or sender, reply as and horizontal viewing.

AgingGeek

macrumors regular
May 21, 2007
Does the calculator have an RPN mode yet? :)

Me too!

But remember, if Apple hasn't addressed our needs, we have to write our own apps!

Do you think iFund will pay me to write an HP-41 simulator for the iPhone? Would there be copyright infringements?

MhzDoesMatter

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2002
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
heh

Only looked at the pics, but am I missing something or is the advancement of the calculator just the addition of positive an negative number handling?

And those mail features are right on the money for me, as well as MMS and horizontal viewing in all of its main applications. I'm really hoping Apple wouldn't toss out the number 2.0 with all of its shiny connotation and really just be a compatibility update for apps and "enterprise" without an substantial increase in utility and usability to the phones major features.

phlops

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2003
Ann Arbor, MI
The only new calculator feature I see is a positive/negative toggle button. And also, I wonder why they're backing off the Dieter Rams design of the Braun ET66.

medium_2185891092_a1ac78761e_o.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.