Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filterban

macrumors member
May 5, 2006
Calculator? Yawwwwwnnn. Somebody wake me when There's a PDF reader for my Touch.

Safari should be able to view PDFs. It works on my iPhone.

Regardless, you should sleep until June, because that's when there will be a smorgasbord of iPhone apps - everything from PDF readers to scientific calculators to games.

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
The June SDK is totally WEAK. No flash support and no video capture support. Who really gives a crap about an upgrade to the calculator. Get real. LAME

OK, yo're confusing two different things. The SDK is the Software Development Kit. It's the programming environment that you download to your Mac, so that you can write programs for your iPhone/Touch. If Flash, video capture, etc. ever come to the iPhone it will be through a firmwear update. That is, the operating system as installed on the iPhone. If this happened, there would probably be a corrisponding update to the SDK to take advantage of it, but the functionality comes through the firmwear.

Mitch1984

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Telford
Happy about the +- button, just want a percentage button on it now. Don't care about square root, just the percentage button. :)

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
What's with everyone talking about the calculator as if theres something new features to it besides the + - (which is only a new button) and a new UI. It looks nice, im right up there with everyone, but the fact that thats all anyone is talking about amazes me (not in a bad way)just surprising that people arent more curious like they are in almost every other thread. Just my own observation. Take it how you will. :):):apple::apple::apple::apple:

PhotoPhoenix

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
New York City
i really just want Apple and AT&T to allow other companies to be able to use the phone. you'd make more money like that. i'm with verizon and for me to get an iPhone, i would have to break my contract with verizon then buy the iPhone and the service with at&t, i think that's ridiculous.

i'm sick of these companies being selfish with products. AT&T has that bad, Verizon has horrible phones.

MiniMacLean

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
New Calculator

I know everyone will think i am being negative but,

i much preferred the look and icon of the old calculator!

spose its got bigger buttons! ;)

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm in the process of porting the Free 42 simulator for the HP-42S. Wish me luck, RPN fans!

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
i really just want Apple and AT&T the shareholders to allow other companies to be able to use the phone. you'd make more money like that. i'm with verizon and for me to get an iPhone, i would have to break my contract with verizon then buy the iPhone and the service with at&t, i think that's ridiculous.

i'm sick of these companies shareholders being selfish with products. AT&T has that bad, Verizon has horrible phones.

FTFY. Sadly, as with much in life, money talks all else walks.

lachs99

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2007
Why does the Network say T-Mobile?

It even says "T-Mobile D" - that network is only available in Germany (D stands for Deutschland) if I am not mistaken and assuming they have not jailbroken it yet and used a fake carrier name, but I'm not sure if the fake carrier name will also show up on the info screen. :rolleyes:

Note that the clock on the top is set to 24hrs system (13:48=1:48p.m.) which is usually not common in the US, right?

Anyway, my guess is that some people from Deutsche Telekom are behind that ...

pepitko

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
I am also quite amazed that almost everyone talks about the calculator :) personally, I prefer the old look, the round buttons.
Finally, exchange support and mass deletion of emails! :D Hopefully sms will be mass-deletable too!

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
The June SDK is totally WEAK. No flash support and no video capture support. Who really gives a crap about an upgrade to the calculator. Get real. LAME

Actually, I find the ability to install official applications to be very STRONG. AppStore is very STRONG.

(Which in turn will lead to someone making a video capture.)

Lershac

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA USA
Parental Controls? You're kidding right? What kid under the age of 16 is carrying around an iPhone? If it's a richy rich kid then the parents probably don't have any interest in setting up boundaries for said kids.

My 16 year old would beg to differ. I bought hers at 15 and she is under threat of iminent death if I catch nything offensive or inappropriate on her phone.

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Unless I am misunderstanding, both Reply, Reply All and Forward have been features from June 29, 2006.

But the saving images and horizontal viewing... I'm right there with you.
Though I think the main reason for lack of horizontal viewing, in Mail, is the lack of viewable screen area when calling up the keypad.

You are mistaken, They were features from June 29th 2007!:D

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
i really just want Apple and AT&T to allow other companies to be able to use the phone. you'd make more money like that. i'm with verizon and for me to get an iPhone, i would have to break my contract with verizon then buy the iPhone and the service with at&t, i think that's ridiculous.

i'm sick of these companies being selfish with products. AT&T has that bad, Verizon has horrible phones.

You could use the iPhone with Verizon... IF Verizon wasn't such a craptacular company that uses inferior CDMA technology, and ties you to a single phone for the life of your contract. GSM FTW.

As for the phones being locked, Apple wanted partners for a lauch, the partners demanded that the phone be locked. If Apple had felt that they could have just released the iPhone for all GSM networks and had any success or not had any backlash from the mobile operators, they would have.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.