Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I won't care about the calculator until it is a scientific. I want to be able to finally but my TI-30 out to pasture. I'm still trying to figure out why there isn't even a sqrt key on the iPhone. Everyone needs sqrt.

TEG

When the applications are rolling out, i guarentee there willl be a scientific calculator for the iphone.

compuguy1088

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
In the Sub-Basement of Solitude
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

TEG said:
Why does the Network say T-Mobile?

The detail fror the Network says T-Mobile D, which if I'm not mistaken is the German T-Mobile.

TEG

It says T-mobile because the iPhone dec team are showing off the evolution away from jailbreaking: custom firmware that is unlocked out of the box and will run any app. :)

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
The video is mirrored on the engadget site, linked from the article.

The iPhone is running on T-Mobile in Germany, hence T-Mobile D (Deutschland)

TedB

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
PLEASE add "%" key to the calculator!!!!!
We needed badly....!

It it really that had to move a decimal point 2 places? Nope..... It would be a complete waste of screen space.

Now Apple, add important functions like square, square root, sin, cos, tan, and a power of 10 button for very large and small numbers. Maybe 3D plotting too?

I won't care about the calculator until it is a scientific. I want to be able to finally but my TI-30 out to pasture. I'm still trying to figure out why there isn't even a sqrt key on the iPhone. Everyone needs sqrt.

TEG

I cant wait to be able to leave my TI-83/89 at my dorm instead of having to carry it around all day. The iPhone would not be a replacement, but it would be a convenient alternative.

stevoeddz

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
Man, you're pissed about kids!

Me and my brother both got jobs when we were 13. I worked as a bike mechanic every weekend and a little more in the summers. This was in the mid-80s and I bought a $300 bike with the money I had saved.

Not to mention, kids ARE allowed to touch mom and dad's things.

Exactly. I'm 15 and i worked my ass off so i could buy an iphone.

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Can you explain to us what breach of an NDA has to do with "guts"?
Yeah, "guts" implies "bravery," and breaking the law is only brave when it's a "bad law" and you are performing a civil disobedience for some kind of higher/greater good.

Comparing the hacking of a telephone to MLK et al. is a bit over-the-top to say the least. :rolleyes:

havenhamilton

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2005
Parental Controls? You're kidding right? What kid under the age of 16 is carrying around an iPhone? If it's a richy rich kid then the parents probably don't have any interest in setting up boundaries for said kids.

that is such a closed minded statement. to think that every rich kid doesnt have boundaries is very funny.

on another note i've seen dozens of kids with iphones, from the ages of around 8-16.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
on another note i've seen dozens of kids with iphones, from the ages of around 8-16.

Who in hell would give an 8 year old an iphone? they'd only break it in a week then you'd be stuck with an expensive contract for then next 18 months an nothing to show for it.

Round here they're not even allowed to have mobiles in schools until they're 16 because of the associated health risks (which may or may not be exaggerated but the rule is there nonthelsess).

15 and up they can buy their own (and jailbreak it as they couldn't get a contract - no credit rating at that age).

sleepingworker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2003
Manhattan, NY
that is such a closed minded statement. to think that every rich kid doesnt have boundaries is very funny.

My three year old nephew plays on his father's iPhone all the time, moving through it like a pro ... what does he do? Watches movies, play songs, and takes pictures. It will be a matter of months before he downloads the SDk.

As for older kids, my son is babysitting and doing other jobs to save up for his own iPhone - his phone however will not need parental control.

I am (mildly) amused by people who post very negative generalizations of any group on MR.

superbutthole

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
iphone SDK is WEAK

The June SDK is totally WEAK. No flash support and no video capture support. Who really gives a crap about an upgrade to the calculator. Get real. LAME

Pine-Tree

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2005
Arizona, USA
Calculator update looks cool, but like others have posted; would be nice if they add more functions to it.

Any reports of MMS at least??

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Give me more options in the mail app. Like saving image attachments, a reply to all or sender, reply as and horizontal viewing.

Unless I am misunderstanding, both Reply, Reply All and Forward have been features from June 29, 2006.

But the saving images and horizontal viewing... I'm right there with you.
Though I think the main reason for lack of horizontal viewing, in Mail, is the lack of viewable screen area when calling up the keypad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.