Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
How much you wanna bet its either June 27th or June 30th the update gets released?

I love it when they give the vague month projection, its just easier to say something like February 29th instead of March 1st

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
When will the net media stop reporting this as the 2.0 firmware? This is clearly the 1.2 beta firmware; the images even say so. To think that it is the final 2.0 software is a little far-reaching.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Is it just me or do i not actually see a non UI difference in the calculator except for the +_ button which we can already do...

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Telp said:
Grr. The video isn't even iPhone conpatibe. I thought they finished that? Oh well. I hope I can get home and watch before apple makes them take it down.

that's whats funny. I'm on my iPhone Reading about the iPhone click a link to watch an iPhone video on my iPhone and it don't work.
Still love it though!!!!

sleepingworker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2003
Manhattan, NY
Is kind of elegant ... or should I say, was kind of elegant.

Attachments

• apple-braun.jpg
    apple-braun.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 101

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
How much you wanna bet its either June 27th or June 30th the update gets released?

I love it when they give the vague month projection, its just easier to say something like February 29th instead of March 1st

Well it clearly states late june so...The first week of july ?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 73

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
That looks so cool! I hope it will be available soon. Wouldn't mind 'testing' the 802.1x feature :) I really need that for wifi access.

MacSKY

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Still no MMS?:rolleyes:
The biggest reason I want MMS is so I can view all of the MMS I receive from everyone else! I still think that Apple is taking the wrong philosophy on this one. Yes, we can send "content rich" e-mails, but it's only good if someone else has an iPhone at the other end. I'm looking forward to Exchange Support and horizontal keyboards for every app would sure be nice for those of us with big fingers.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
For those that think this is 2.0.0 update it is not. What they mean by 2.0 is 1.2.0 update.

echoout

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Austin, Texas
Man, you're pissed about kids!

Me and my brother both got jobs when we were 13. I worked as a bike mechanic every weekend and a little more in the summers. This was in the mid-80s and I bought a $300 bike with the money I had saved.

Not to mention, kids ARE allowed to touch mom and dad's things.

Parental Controls? You're kidding right? What kid under the age of 16 is carrying around an iPhone? If it's a richy rich kid then the parents probably don't have any interest in setting up boundaries for said kids.

chris y.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
los angeles, ca
didnt apple just update the calculator icon on the home screen to represent the actual look of the calculator? I wonder if this means they will be updating the icon yet again.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Parental Controls? You're kidding right? What kid under the age of 16 is carrying around an iPhone? If it's a richy rich kid then the parents probably don't have any interest in setting up boundaries for said kids.

Just yesterday on my lunch break, I saw a kid (14 or 15) ordering a smoothy whilst grinning and tapping away at his iPhone. It just seemed so wrong on so many levels...

I did get a kick out of how conscious he was of those around him and whether or not they noticed his iPhone.

<pumps fist in the air> "Kids these days..." :p

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007

Well with the controls it is up to the parent although the average 13 year old is probably technically more inclined then their elders. Any kid with half a brain would jailbreak it or otherwise over ride it and the parents wouldn't know. They will be jailbreaking to get all the naughty apps on there anyway.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
For those that think this is 2.0.0 update it is not. What they mean by 2.0 is 1.2.0 update.

This is technically version 1.2, but these are clearly features that will be released with iPhone 2.0. I dont' think it's incorrect to be consistent and refer to this as 2.0, as that's what it will be in the end.

arn

austininin

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
portland
Just yesterday on my lunch break, I saw a kid (14 or 15) ordering a smoothy whilst grinning and tapping away at his iPhone. It just seemed so wrong on so many levels...

I did get a kick out of how conscious he was of those around him and whether or not they noticed his iPhone.

<pumps fist in the air> "Kids these days..." :p

it may not be that they own one, but the parents let the kids watch movies while they are driving. i know lots of people who do that

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I won't care about the calculator until it is a scientific. I want to be able to finally but my TI-30 out to pasture. I'm still trying to figure out why there isn't even a sqrt key on the iPhone. Everyone needs sqrt.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.