Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Just picked one up on eBay on the cheap. Authentic too. As much as I love my thin frost/clear snap cases, I need a little protection for the gym, rock climbing, bar going, etc....

Fit is great, great grip, and not too bulky IMO. Gives a nice lay on table design too. Love the pill sized camera cutout (HATE the oversized cutouts Incase, Elago, etc. use). This will hold me over until Magpul releases there cases, which is hopefully real soon I'm hearing.

Got the graphite color to match the white iPhone

Pics :D

Attachments

• DSC_1054.JPG
    DSC_1054.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_1057.JPG
    DSC_1057.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_1063.JPG
    DSC_1063.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_1070.JPG
    DSC_1070.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 158

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Does it fit with a back shield ? Is the bottom flimsy ?
Thanks , I'm too waiting for magpul I think we should see it next week I hope

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Anybody have or is able to get picture comparisons of thickness between this case and the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer?

This was my favorite case for the 4S, and I would buy it in a heartbeat if there wasn't problems with looseness.

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
Just picked one up on eBay on the cheap. Authentic too. As much as I love my thin frost/clear snap cases, I need a little protection for the gym, rock climbing, bar going, etc....

Fit is great, great grip, and not too bulky IMO. Gives a nice lay on table design too. Love the pill sized camera cutout (HATE the oversized cutouts Incase, Elago, etc. use). This will hold me over until Magpul releases there cases, which is hopefully real soon I'm hearing.

Mine had some give at the sides where you have you thumb/finger, more so at the top side (screen side). Is that an issue with yours?

Edit. I've ordered a harbour blue case from Amazon.com as Amazon UK are out. Hopefully it fits better than the Black one I got a while back from Speck direct. (they refunded me and let me keep the case, but I don't use it!)

Last edited:

i1280

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Anybody have or is able to get picture comparisons of thickness between this case and the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer?

This was my favorite case for the 4S, and I would buy it in a heartbeat if there wasn't problems with looseness.

There are no problems with looseness.
Mine fits very tight/. I had the same worry when initially thinking about purchasing. I emailed speck and they said there was a problem with initial covers being loose, but that's been corrected.

sebastianPL

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013

I have a quick question regarding this case. Does the cut out for the camera cause damage to the back of the iPhone?

I had a SwitchEasy Eclipse case for my previous iPhone 4S and it indeed caused some damage to the back, especially around the camera.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town

Do you have a link?

tiartrop

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
I have a quick question regarding this case. Does the cut out for the camera cause damage to the back of the iPhone?

I had a SwitchEasy Eclipse case for my previous iPhone 4S and it indeed caused some damage to the back, especially around the camera.

Hasn't caused any damage on mine, but then again I only have it on for about 3 weeks.

Mine hasn't got jeans stained either, which surprised me. My switcheasy tone got stained only after a few days.

Faded1984

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
I know this case doesn't come up onto the glass but can anyone confirm if it completely covers all of the chamfered edge? Does it wrap around the top of the chamfer completely covering it?

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
The best out of all the cases I've tried in this style. That includes Incipio Frequency, NGP, and Switcheasy Tones.

It's a big decision between PixelSkin HD and SwitchEasy Tones for me.

Apparently both cases have had early design problems. Both companies claim they've ironed out the problems. SwitchEasy Tones has a 2 year warranty. Just take a photo of your broken case and they will ship a new one.

I'm leaning toward the Tones case...

cvkai

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
I bought a black Speck PixelSkin HD for iPhone 5, but it's loose. It doesn't fit well (it's bigger than it should be). The seller will replace mine, but I'm afraid getting another faulty one.
Question: if I choose a different color (blue or grey), what are the chances that the the new one won't have the same fitment issue?
You guys that got a loose case, what color was? A black one, as mine?

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
So I got my a second case, Blue, this time from Amazon.com. The thing was malformed. Wouldn't even fit on the phone. I've waited a couple more months and I've now ordered a third case, Black from Amazon.co.uk. I'll update this thread at the weekend if it arrives.

Both cases said on the box: The New iPhone. So likely early stock. I believe it now says iPhone 5 on the box?

----------

I bought a black Speck PixelSkin HD for iPhone 5, but it's loose. It doesn't fit well (it's bigger than it should be). The seller will replace mine, but I'm afraid getting another faulty one.
Question: if I choose a different color (blue or grey), what are the chances that the the new one won't have the same fitment issue?
You guys that got a loose case, what color was? A black one, as mine?

Does it says The New iPhone or iPhone 5 on the box?

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Could anyone post a few pictures of a black iPhone with a grey Pixelskin HD on it? :)

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
On mine, there's a sticker saying "for/pour New iPhone". Like on this unboxing video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_r_3IltDnQ

The new ones have a different box: it's printed "iPhone 5".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhBP9gdFoL0

But how can we be sure that will come from a new stock when buying on internet?

I guess we can't. Unless its from a small seller that can check for you or you can just try your luck and send it back if there are any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.