Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Use FB app version 5.1 on my 3GS running 6.0.1, doing fine. Just updated to 5.2, it's doing fine as well.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Facebook is a joke on iPhone now.

Used to crash when scrolling

Now just crashes when you open it after 5.2 update

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Clearly that doesn't seem to be the case for the vast majority of users.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
maybe try facebook iOS 5.2.1 which was just released. it contains security and bug fixes.. no crashing on this version yet. 5.2 crashed right away for me.. this version is an improvement.

bodosko

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008

Same here.
Every new update they brick more and more.
Doesnt even look theyre a multibillion company that does exactly and just it to make money

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I had a problem when posting i just couldn't do it, last update seem to fix the problem and the new features are always welcome like tagging friends in posts.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
still crashes.. was hopeing it could be fixed server side.. anyone else still seeing crashes with the latest 5.2.1?

nathan123789

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
I have an iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 and my Facebook and twitter does not work. With Facebook I can't get passed the login screen it just shuts off and twitter I can log in, scroll a bit but that's it.
I have restored my phone to a fresh 6.0.1, still not working I downgraded to 5.1.1 and both apps work perfectly fine. It worked when I first got iOS 6.
I was just about to say I don't know how this could have happened. But I remember downloading a load of apps and 18 updates were available (so many updates cos my phone was been mended so I missed out on 6.0 and went straight to 6.0.1) but after I downloaded all of them, later that day a Facebook update was available. Maybe the update is the problem. I don't have a solution as of yet safari browser will have to do for you guys until another update. But id downgrade to 5.1.1 if you have the shsh blobs. ill reply if I find out anything
Nathan

cvsisi

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
New version and still crashing.
Why FB devs sucks that much?

Yeah me too on a 4s. Only started after installing ios6.01. Unusable, crashes after 10 secs every time.

iPad 3 still on 6.0 and never crashed yet.

FARID88

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
I think it has to do with what's on your wall.
I have crashing problem on both iPhone 4 5.1.1 and iPad 3 5.1.1 with facebook v5.3.

Once I had this problem and I solved it (or at least I thought I solved it) only by changing profile picture but now nothing seems to be working.
It crashes as soon as I log in on both devices.

Last edited:

bodosko

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
5.3 out and still crashing on start. Fb devs have ro be kidding.
Take a look at v5.3 conments on Apple store, there are tons of people having thia issue since v5.1 and they doesnt do anything about it.

bodosko

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
I managed to fix this issue on my iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1.
Go to your facebook config page and disable safety connection under security panel.
Also close all active sessions under active sessions panel.

After that I installed v5.3 and its working for 1 week now.

ksmummy

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
Go to your facebook config page and disable safety connection under security panel.

Hi Bodosko,

Few questions:
1) How did you go to facebook config page in iphone? its been crashing that I cant even access it.
2) How do you instal v5.3?

Thanks in advance!

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
mine just started crashing yesterday, I dont know if it has anything to do with the jailbreak, I have been jailbroken since day one and this just started. so annoying, I have been using the mobile site.

----------

I see the security part but no safety connection is in in, just secure browsing, text message login notifications, email login notifications, app passwords, recognized devices, active session

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.