Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antirice

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I'm still on iOS 6 with the iP5 and it started crashing this morning. Doubt it has anything to do with iOS and it's a FB related issue

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
My Facebook app began to crash within seconds after launch, after I did the 6.0.1 upgrade. It's working fine now, here's what I did:

1. Open the FB app and quickly log out before it can crash
2. Go into your Settings menu and access the settings for Facebook integration panel
3. Select 'Delete Account' to log out of the Facebook integration
4. Re-Launch the FB app and sign in; it should launch and load just fine
5. Go back into Settings and re-enter your Facebook username and password, configure the FB integration settings; and everything should be back to normal.

This solved my problem. FB working now. Thanks!

okiks

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
It was crashing for me on launch too, but doing the following resolved it for me just now:

1. Open the app and quickly hit the menu icon in the top left.
2. Go to your timeline (this must be done before it crashes).
3. Let your timeline fully load.
4. Go back to the News Feed and let it load, should now be fine :)

State restoration issue perhaps? Although that wouldn't explain why it's still broke for people who reinstalled the app...

Thanks KSean, above solution worked fine for me!

mrtugs

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
My Facebook app began to crash within seconds after launch, after I did the 6.0.1 upgrade. It's working fine now, here's what I did:

1. Open the FB app and quickly log out before it can crash
2. Go into your Settings menu and access the settings for Facebook integration panel
3. Select 'Delete Account' to log out of the Facebook integration
4. Re-Launch the FB app and sign in; it should launch and load just fine
5. Go back into Settings and re-enter your Facebook username and password, configure the FB integration settings; and everything should be back to normal.

^^ This seems to work so far. Thank you!

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Was crashing on me too, fixed after uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Wifes 4s on iOS 6 started crashing a bit ago. I deleted the app to remove the cached data and re-installed and so far its working. I have updated my 4s to iOS 6.0.1 and works fine so far on my device (never had the crash before or after). Dont think its iOS 6.0.1 related just bad timing I suspect.

Hurley82989

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
working for me now without doing anything different... no restart no nothing. must have been an issue on facebook's end

H492

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I'm happy enough to believe that, since it doesn't seem to affect everybody - but the fact it magically started crashing after the upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 for me does seem remarkably coincidental. I would love to understand the connection.

I had the problem in each OS version. In fact i did the update to .1 just in case it was an ios problem. When changes are made to the FB servers they get distributed throughout the server farm. This does not occur all at once. I'm sure your FB friends had complained about a new feature on the Web interface while others had no idea what feature they were referencing.
So yes, I think your recent experience of not seeing it on .0 was a coincidence. I write ios software/apps as well as several other os's and this is all about testing. The common denominator is the FB servers. That the FB app was not written well enough to handle these problems with more elegance is, sadly, secondary.

Mcghee83

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Working fine now!! After 30 mins of crashing, I'm in Scotland so I hope it's the same for everyone else

timjohn77

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It was crashing for me on launch too, but doing the following resolved it for me just now:

1. Open the app and quickly hit the menu icon in the top left.
2. Go to your timeline (this must be done before it crashes).
3. Let your timeline fully load.
4. Go back to the News Feed and let it load, should now be fine :)

State restoration issue perhaps? Although that wouldn't explain why it's still broke for people who reinstalled the app...

This worked for me.
Mine started crashing this morning before I updated to 6.0.1
The update didn't resolve this problem but the above did.
Thanks.:)

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
Wifes 4s on iOS 6 started crashing a bit ago. I deleted the app to remove the cached data and re-installed and so far its working. I have updated my 4s to iOS 6.0.1 and works fine so far on my device (never had the crash before or after). Dont think its iOS 6.0.1 related just bad timing I suspect.

Yeah, I have heard that some people are still having problems after the fix I used, even still having problems after removing login info from iOS and re logging in to iOS, so I don't know what is going on there

As for me, I thought uninstalling and re installing would work as it seemed like it was app data becoming corrupted after the update.

Although it is more likely an error on Facebook's end, maybe still having something to do with the iOS integration.

Corotron99

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Crashing FB whilst scrolling

Started crashing tonight used this afternoon and all was fine. Reloaded FB no difference.

No FB perhaps the dog will get a walk tonight :)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
My FB app keeps crashing in iOS 6.0.1 on the iPhone 5. It appears to crash during scrolling... anyone else?

Works fine on both of my 3GS running iOS 6.0. I have the latest version of Facebook as well, version 5.0.1, no issues so far, although I'm not a heavy Facebook app user.

Corotron99

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
FB working again ?

All working again, update to .1 made no difference, so walk the dog came back and now it is working again. If you have not got a dog and want to use the same fix, you can take mine for a walk no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.