Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GiantSteve

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
It's crashing here too. The recent rewrite of the Facebook iOS app was stable (up until now) but they do not have a good track record of releasing reliable software.

tomtendo

Suspended
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Facebook App on new iPhone 5 keeps crashing

Anyone else having this problem? Facebook app opens, then crashes. I closed it out completely with multitask button and I even deleted and reinstalled...

Hmm

Edit: I did just update to 6.0.1 if that means anything

mrtugs

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Same here - upgrade to 6.0.1 and Facebook was crashing while refreshing. Deleted it and reinstalled it - now it refreshes the newsfeed ok, but crashes when scrolling.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
i read on twitter some people are experiencing this.. i for phone am not. Ip5.. fb app..

maybe its location specific?

ipoddude56

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
As posted before both my devices on iOS 5.1.1 are affected. Doesn't affect everyone and also not geographical so possible issue with a particular FB database / cluster.

MarkieT

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Hi Guys,

My FB was working without any problems on iOS6 but has now started crashing after updating to 6.0.1 :-(

Have already tried deleting the App, deleting my Account within Settings and doing a Hard Reboot, still crashing this end when I try scrolling down.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Cheers Mark.

H492

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
The problem is a change made on the FB servers, not ios and not the FB app. They need to either undo the server change or update the app. Ios will terminate any app that has a fault, typically overwriting memory. This can occur when a slight change to the protocol is made. It's poor testing that creates these problems.

dllong0403

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Facebook crashes

I have a 4S, did the 6.0 update when it was available, and just now updated to 6.0.1. No problems ever with Facebook, until I did the 6.0.1 update. :mad: Tried all the solutions listed, program crashes when in News Feed and scrolling, not in Timeline.

nilioc

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
My iPhone 5 with 6.0.1 crashing whilst scrolling in Facebook. Uninstalled FB and reinstalled. Still no joy. Come on apple and Facebook this should have been tested.

mrtugs

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
The problem is a change made on the FB servers, not ios and not the FB app. They need to either undo the server change or update the app. Ios will terminate any app that has a fault, typically overwriting memory. This can occur when a slight change to the protocol is made. It's poor testing that creates these problems.

I'm happy enough to believe that, since it doesn't seem to affect everybody - but the fact it magically started crashing after the upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 for me does seem remarkably coincidental. I would love to understand the connection.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I haven't even updated yet so it's definitely a server issue I think. It was working fine until about 3:45 and then all of a sudden it started crashing. I am still getting alerts and the like but I can't access them.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Must just be a facebook thing. Like the guy said above about twitter. People are saying the same thing about it. Widespread it seems.

yeah.. weird. Oh well im staying on 6.0 in case any jailbreak is incompatible with 6.0.1 on the ip5... so no worries for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.