Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nintendolinky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2008
6.0.1 broke Facebook

Is it just my iPhone 5 or does Facebook load and then 5 seconds later just crash. I have deleted the app and fully rebooted the phone and it still happens. Any info guys.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
FB is crashing for me as well, just scrolling through my News Feed.

And I'm still on 6.0 (10A403)

Boob

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2012
Facebook app keeps crashing

Every time I open the app it crashes instantly. I deleted/reinstalled. Also logged off and rebooted. This happening to anyone else?

travisjunky

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
iOS 6.0.1 Facebook Crashes

I'm having the same issue. After upgrading to iOS 6.0.1 Facbook will launch, allow me to scroll on my personal page, allow scrolling on a friends page, but crashes when I scroll on my news feed. Disappointing.

makportal

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Same here, update to 6.0.1 and Facebook crashes few seconds after launching. Didn't have any problems on 6.0

KSean

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2011
It was crashing for me on launch too, but doing the following resolved it for me just now:

1. Open the app and quickly hit the menu icon in the top left.
2. Go to your timeline (this must be done before it crashes).
3. Let your timeline fully load.
4. Go back to the News Feed and let it load, should now be fine :)

State restoration issue perhaps? Although that wouldn't explain why it's still broke for people who reinstalled the app...

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Facebook crashing constantly iOS 6/6.0.1 iP5/iPad 3

My Facebook app just all the sudden started crashing upon start up on my phone before I updated to iOS 6.0.1.

Closed app from multitasking bar. Didn't work. Restarted phone. Didn't change. Updated iOS. Didn't change.

Tried iPad. Crashed after a few seconds of launching. Updating iOS on iPad right now.

I haven't tried going on the regular site yet on my iPad. I'll do it after I'm done updating then send them a bug report.

Oops. Guess I posted in wrong forum. Thanks for the move. That explains why I didn't see it in the applications forum.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
It was crashing for me on launch too, but doing the following resolved it for me just now:

1. Open the app and quickly hit the menu icon in the top left.
2. Go to your timeline (this must be done before it crashes).
3. Let your timeline fully load.
4. Go back to the News Feed and let it load, should now be fine :)

State restoration issue perhaps? Although that wouldn't explain why it's still broke for people who reinstalled the app...

Tried it. Did not work for me. Still crashed.

jwufwuf

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Facebook crashing in iOS 6.0.1

Same problem as everyone else is experiencing.
Crashing during scrolling in news feed.
Hopefully fix will come soon from Facebook or Apple.

Jd3uc3

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I just started experiencing this as well. Right after updating, but it doesn't appear to be 6.0.1 related based on other complaints. Tried the suggested tip and that didn't work either. Guess its a Facebook issue and we will just have to wait it out.

jwufwuf

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Facebook crashing in iOS 6.0.1

Just tried the suggested fix and also did not work for me.

ATONAT

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Same issue here too. It either crashes after a few seconds or as soon as I scroll. No issues until I updated to 6.0.1.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Problem not related to 6.0.1 as it was crashing in 6.0 and is still crashing in 6.0.1. Strange that it's just started though, and that it's working fine on my girlfriends 4S :confused:

SoxX

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Mine is crashing too. Although it was working and I don't remember doing any updates today for anything on my iPhone 5.

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
Happening on both iPhone and iPad. Was ok about an hour ago.
Deleted and reinstalled app on iPad but no luck at all.

I'd heard they were possibly playing around with timeline view... This might be a knock-on effect?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.