Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psg0

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2008
This is not related to 6.0.1, like someone else previously stated. I have in front of me an iPhone 4S and an iPad, both running 6.0 and crashing shortly after launching the app. I just did an OTA upgrade on the iPad to 6.0.1 and it's the same. I imagine Facebook will fix it soon--looks like the error is related to the timeline.

chumber

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Same thing here. Was doing it every now and then in 6.0 but now it's continuous in 6.0.1. Can't do anything!

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
I spoke too soon. Now it's crashing intermittently. Frustrating!!!:mad:

neier

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2003
Japan
FWIW, it also happens in IOS 5. The crash logs show it is the "Network Thread" that crashes each time.

psg0

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2008
I didn't reinstall, didn't restart, didn't do anything...it's just working again.

Robmoshe

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
A client posted one of these free southwest ticket promotions. I clicked the link to see if was her promo or a scam (she is new to fb). The problem started after. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. This is the link to the scam info. http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=10650

Drissel27

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Facebook crashing

My Facebook app began to crash within seconds after launch, after I did the 6.0.1 upgrade. It's working fine now, here's what I did:

1. Open the FB app and quickly log out before it can crash
2. Go into your Settings menu and access the settings for Facebook integration panel
3. Select 'Delete Account' to log out of the Facebook integration
4. Re-Launch the FB app and sign in; it should launch and load just fine
5. Go back into Settings and re-enter your Facebook username and password, configure the FB integration settings; and everything should be back to normal.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
A client posted one of these free southwest ticket promotions. I clicked the link to see if was her promo or a scam (she is new to fb). The problem started after. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. This is the link to the scam info. http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=10650

1) I'm not going to click on a link that you suspected of being a scam (especially since you're a new member with this being your only post).

2) I don't click on those sorts of things on facebook anyway. So it's just a coincidence for you.

3) Still debating if you're trying to spam the link in the first place.

alan1467

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2012
My Facebook app began to crash within seconds after launch, after I did the 6.0.1 upgrade. It's working fine now, here's what I did:

2. Go into your Settings menu and access the settings for Facebook integration panel
5. Go back into Settings and re-enter your Facebook username and password, configure the FB integration settings; and everything should be back to normal.

Done all of this and still crashes since 6.0.1 :(

i84CTBound

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
CT
My Facebook has been crashing every since the ios 6.0.1 became available on my Iphone 5. I haven't even updated from ios 6 yet. Wtf

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I tried something a little different (didn't work for me so don't bother reading if you're looking for a solution). I can't keep it open long enough to log out. Tried just skipping step one and then also deleting the app. Followed the rest and still crashed. I'll see if I can't get through step one eventually.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland

Well that didn't work! Suspect this is something Facebook need to fix at their end.

Hadn't used the mobile version in Safari recently and was surprised how similar to the app it now is. That will do for a while...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.