Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

View Poll Results: Which feature would you be the most excited for?
Predictor 6 1.39%
Custom Notifications 11 2.54%
Location-Based Actions 6 1.39%
Dynamic Icons 25 5.77%
Widgets 43 9.93%
Siri API 22 5.08%
Offline Siri 22 5.08%
Quick Reply (Messaging) 37 8.55%
New UI 239 55.20%
Something Else (Be sure to post what) 22 5.08%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:52 AM   #201
Siderz
macrumors 6502a

• Ability to set default browsers (I hate copying & pasting stuff just so I can open it in Chrome!)
  • Ability to pull up the dock (The only time it shows is on the home screen; it's only useful for scrolling between homescreen pages)
  • Ability to download other widgets for the Notifications Centre/let apps place a widget there (I'm sure a lot of people have said this before)
  • Ability to delete pre-installed apps (Everyone's wanted this since day 1)
  • Ability to instantly delete or send to the trash (Sometimes I wonder whether or not something is worth deleting)
  • Sync playlists between devices over iCloud (I thought this already existed, it's a complete no-brainer, then I find my iPad doesn't have my playlists!)

I had a bright idea last night, but now I've forgotten it...I'm pretty sure it was regarding iOS.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:14 PM   #202
RoboCop001
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderz View Post
  • Ability to set default browsers (I hate copying & pasting stuff just so I can open it in Chrome!)
  • Ability to pull up the dock (The only time it shows is on the home screen; it's only useful for scrolling between homescreen pages)
  • Ability to download other widgets for the Notifications Centre/let apps place a widget there (I'm sure a lot of people have said this before)
  • Ability to instantly delete or send to the trash (Sometimes I wonder whether or not something is worth deleting)
  • Sync playlists between devices over iCloud (I thought this already existed, it's a complete no-brainer, then I find my iPad doesn't have my playlists!)

I had a bright idea last night, but now I've forgotten it...I'm pretty sure it was regarding iOS.
Playlists sync if you have iTunes Match. Though it would be cool if you can still sync your playlists without it.

Hmm... I think for the most part it wouldn't need a Trash. You can always redownload your app. What I want is some way to keep the app data if desired. That would be great for games.
RoboCop001 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:23 AM   #203
ajvizzgamer101
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderz View Post

None of this is going to happen. For widgets, the best thing they will probably do is allow accompanying widgets. Like if you download Flipboard app you get the widget to go with it and it can be toggled on/off in settings. And Syncing playlist is down through iTunes Match.
32GB iPad 2 (iOS 7)
ajvizzgamer101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:48 AM   #204
lexvo
macrumors 6502a

Folders in the Notes app, like it already is on Mountain Lion.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:53 AM   #205
ajvizzgamer101
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexvo View Post
Folders in the Notes app, like it already is on Mountain Lion.
There are folders?

Edit: WHAT! There are folders! Interesting.
32GB iPad 2 (iOS 7)
ajvizzgamer101 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:10 AM   #206
kirky29
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to kirky29 Send a message via Skype™ to kirky29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvizzgamer101 View Post
There are folders?

Edit: WHAT! There are folders! Interesting.
You can even put photos in the notes app on OS X ;-)

It doesn't sync over to iOS though... but, if you format the font size etc in OS X, it'll sync over to iOS.
kirky29 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:24 AM   #207
ajvizzgamer101
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky29 View Post
You can even put photos in the notes app on OS X ;-)

It doesn't sync over to iOS though... but, if you format the font size etc in OS X, it'll sync over to iOS.
I knew that, though.
32GB iPad 2 (iOS 7)
ajvizzgamer101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:31 AM   #208
VanityBonet
macrumors newbie

wow now i see why apple impliment weak upgrades but anyways my wants would be
a i blacklist type of feature on the iPhone (and please don't talk to me bout that ridiculous do not disturb crap )
a bitesms type of sms service
these things should have been implemented
and people the UI will never change
I am sorta almost going to the nexus 4 since its not that expensive unlocked and not use my upgrade(i am on the iphone4 now) when the 5s drops....but god i paid so much into these apps on

Last edited by VanityBonet; Nov 27, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
VanityBonet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:27 PM   #209
apb89
macrumors regular

List of things I want changed in iOS 7 (will keep updated over time)

This topic is a compilation of things I think should be changed/removed/edited/added/etc. in iOS 7

-With the implementation of LTE, remove all Wifi related restrictions (gamecenter/app downloads/photostream upload/etc.)

-Swipe away notifications/a better solution to the 'clear all' functionality currently in place
-Allow single notifications (within a grouping, i.e. mail) to be swiped away

-Remove the notification bar at the top from infringing on the 'main' section of the screen like it currently does
-I do not like how it covers up back buttons/etc.

-Redo entire notification bar at top
-remove carrier name (at least make it toggle-able)
-Add notification icons to bar

-Fix the multitasking areas; improve music controller
-Allow toggle for slider between sound and brightness

-Fix lock screen; currently quick camera access goes away in certain situations
-Fix sliding on lockscreen; if you want to access the current mail/sms/etc notification you can slide on them directly. Sliding main slider will always take you to homescreen.

I will add more as I think of them.
apb89 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:30 PM   #210
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb89 View Post
This topic is a compilation of things I think should be changed/removed/edited/added/etc. in iOS 7

-With the implementation of LTE, remove all Wifi related restrictions (gamecenter/app downloads/photostream upload/etc.)

-Swipe away notifications/a better solution to the 'clear all' functionality currently in place
-Allow single notifications (within a grouping, i.e. mail) to be swiped away

-Remove the notification bar at the top from infringing on the 'main' section of the screen like it currently does
-I do not like how it covers up back buttons/etc.

-Redo entire notification bar at top
-remove carrier name (at least make it toggle-able)
-Add notification icons to bar

-Fix the multitasking areas; improve music switcher. Allow toggle for slider between sound and brightness

-Fix lock screen; currently quick camera access goes away in certain situations

I will add more as I think of them.
There are a million of these threads already. I'll try to provide links before this one is merged or closed...

iOS 7 Hopes and Wishes (merged)
iOS 7 needs this
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:39 PM   #211
TouchMint.com
macrumors 65816

I am really hoping they redo or atleast revert to a working version of the App Store. The new one is horrible for developers and customers.

TouchMint.com is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:02 PM   #212
Lerxt
macrumors member

Hope: revert to Google Maps.
Wish: fix up the crap wifi
Lerxt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:10 PM   #213
jrodsep
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post
Hope: revert to Google Maps.
Wish: fix up the crap wifi
Fixing up Wifi should be number one priority for 6.1. It shouldn't be left like this for almost a year.
jrodsep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:09 PM   #214
Saladinos
macrumors 68000

Think of a better undo gesture!

Shake-to-undo is a total joke as it is.
Saladinos is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:34 PM   #215
Shadyriley
macrumors 6502

You know how you swipe to the left to get to the search box and there is that empty space in between that and the keyboard? That can be used for swipe gestures like f for Facebook, or s for safari, or circle for ______, plus sign for ____, ect.

Shadyriley is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:18 PM   #216
dazed
macrumors 6502a

How about the weather icon showing the correct temp?

Can't believe it still doesnt do that.

Live tiles would spice up the ui a bit. I don't think it needs a redesign for the sake of it. I've played with android and feel lucky to have the simple ios interface.
dazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 02:25 PM   #217
labars
macrumors member

Seems like many users just want a "UI refresh" for the sake of it being new, rather than it being more useful. I really don't care as long as they keep upgrading the usability, and closing the gap between iOS and Android.
labars is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:24 AM   #218
roland.g
macrumors 603

Up Next for iOS

iOS seriously needs Up Next, even more so than iTunes 11. The implementation is great in iTunes, but today I found myself going through my library in the car and playing songs and looking for the next song I wanted to hear. Without wanting to make a playlist, start it, and edit it, I was playing a song, and then starting the next song right when the current one would end. The Up Next feature would allow me to do this much easier w/o saving a playlist for later, DJing on the fly but able to cue up many songs at once.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:25 AM   #219
Cod3rror
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland.g View Post
iOS seriously needs Up Next, even more so than iTunes 11. The implementation is great in iTunes, but today I found myself going through my library in the car and playing songs and looking for the next song I wanted to hear. Without wanting to make a playlist, start it, and edit it, I was playing a song, and then starting the next song right when the current one would end. The Up Next feature would allow me to do this much easier w/o saving a playlist for later, DJing on the fly but able to cue up many songs at once.
Yea, I agree, they should add that and in general the Music app needs more features and improvements.

Till then though, I'd recommend you use this...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/musi...462782680?mt=8
Cod3rror is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:42 AM   #220
Abazigal
macrumors 68020

I would like the ability to access more airplay options from the multitasking bar.

Today, I was using airvideo on my ipad to stream a movie saved on my imac to my apple tv. I then minimised airvideo and went on to play a game (shadow era) while watching the movie.

However, I found that when I subsequently wanted to adjust some settings (say fast-forward to another part of the show), I had to halt my game and switch over to airvideo. Being able to do this from the multitasking bar would be a nice convenience.

Or if there is an easier workaround, I am all ears.
Abazigal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:42 AM   #221
King Shady
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by labars View Post
Seems like many users just want a "UI refresh" for the sake of it being new, rather than it being more useful. I really don't care as long as they keep upgrading the usability, and closing the gap between iOS and Android.
If you take Android 4.2 and just look at it from a software perspective - it blows iOS out of the water. The interface is much more intuitive and insanely rewarding for power users. This being said, Apple still offers a better ecosystem and app selection, so I will remain on my iPhone 😃
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:24 PM   #222
bgr90
macrumors newbie

Instagram integration

It would be great to see Instagram integrated into iOS
bgr90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:58 AM   #223
Watabou
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgr90 View Post
It would be great to see Instagram integrated into iOS
There really isn't enough vomit in the world.

Anyways, I really like what this guy came up for the lockscreen: http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/3/37...the-lockscreen

It looks pretty great, I really like the cards idea. Apple needs to use the lockscreen more.
Watabou is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:12 AM   #224
cmChimera
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watabou View Post
There really isn't enough vomit in the world.

Anyways, I really like what this guy came up for the lockscreen: http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/3/37...the-lockscreen

It looks pretty great, I really like the cards idea. Apple needs to use the lockscreen more.
I saw that, loved it too. The lockscreen is something I've gotten pretty tired of. I just think it looks antiquated after seeing other phones.
cmChimera is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:54 AM   #225
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Shady View Post
If you take Android 4.2 and just look at it from a software perspective - it blows iOS out of the water. The interface is much more intuitive and insanely rewarding for power users. This being said, Apple still offers a better ecosystem and app selection, so I will remain on my iPhone 😃
Power users are probably a small segment of the smartphone population. How would you define a "power user" anyway? It's like when Windows fans say the Surface allows them to do "real work". Ok, how does one define "real work"? And how easily can you do "real work" on a 10" 16:9 screen anyway?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmChimera View Post
I saw that, loved it too. The lockscreen is something I've gotten pretty tired of. I just think it looks antiquated after seeing other phones.
I'd love to know why Apple left the lock screen as is for all these years. That's why I'm glad Forstall is leaving...iOS needs new blood.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Tags
ios 7, ios concept, iphone 5s, new features, wishlist