Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which feature would you be the most excited for?

• Predictor

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Custom Notifications

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Location-Based Actions

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Dynamic Icons

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • Widgets

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • Siri API

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Offline Siri

• Quick Reply (Messaging)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • New UI

Votes: 240 55.3%
  • Something Else (Be sure to post what)

• Total voters

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
  • Ability to set default browsers (I hate copying & pasting stuff just so I can open it in Chrome!)
  • Ability to pull up the dock (The only time it shows is on the home screen; it's only useful for scrolling between homescreen pages)
  • Ability to download other widgets for the Notifications Centre/let apps place a widget there (I'm sure a lot of people have said this before)
  • Ability to delete pre-installed apps (Everyone's wanted this since day 1)
  • Ability to instantly delete or send to the trash (Sometimes I wonder whether or not something is worth deleting)
  • Sync playlists between devices over iCloud (I thought this already existed, it's a complete no-brainer, then I find my iPad doesn't have my playlists!)

I had a bright idea last night, but now I've forgotten it...I'm pretty sure it was regarding iOS.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
  • Ability to set default browsers (I hate copying & pasting stuff just so I can open it in Chrome!)
  • Ability to pull up the dock (The only time it shows is on the home screen; it's only useful for scrolling between homescreen pages)
  • Ability to download other widgets for the Notifications Centre/let apps place a widget there (I'm sure a lot of people have said this before)
  • Ability to instantly delete or send to the trash (Sometimes I wonder whether or not something is worth deleting)
  • Sync playlists between devices over iCloud (I thought this already existed, it's a complete no-brainer, then I find my iPad doesn't have my playlists!)

I had a bright idea last night, but now I've forgotten it...I'm pretty sure it was regarding iOS.

Playlists sync if you have iTunes Match. Though it would be cool if you can still sync your playlists without it.

Hmm... I think for the most part it wouldn't need a Trash. You can always redownload your app. What I want is some way to keep the app data if desired. That would be great for games.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States

None of this is going to happen. For widgets, the best thing they will probably do is allow accompanying widgets. Like if you download Flipboard app you get the widget to go with it and it can be toggled on/off in settings. And Syncing playlist is down through iTunes Match.

VanityBonet

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
wow now i see why apple impliment weak upgrades but anyways my wants would be
a i blacklist type of feature on the iPhone (and please don't talk to me bout that ridiculous do not disturb crap )
a bitesms type of sms service
these things should have been implemented
and people the UI will never change
I am sorta almost going to the nexus 4 since its not that expensive unlocked and not use my upgrade(i am on the iphone4 now) when the 5s drops....but god i paid so much into these apps on

Last edited:

apb89

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
List of things I want changed in iOS 7 (will keep updated over time)

This topic is a compilation of things I think should be changed/removed/edited/added/etc. in iOS 7

-With the implementation of LTE, remove all Wifi related restrictions (gamecenter/app downloads/photostream upload/etc.)

-Swipe away notifications/a better solution to the 'clear all' functionality currently in place
-Allow single notifications (within a grouping, i.e. mail) to be swiped away

-Remove the notification bar at the top from infringing on the 'main' section of the screen like it currently does
-I do not like how it covers up back buttons/etc.

-Redo entire notification bar at top
-remove carrier name (at least make it toggle-able)
-Add notification icons to bar

-Fix the multitasking areas; improve music controller
-Allow toggle for slider between sound and brightness

-Fix lock screen; currently quick camera access goes away in certain situations
-Fix sliding on lockscreen; if you want to access the current mail/sms/etc notification you can slide on them directly. Sliding main slider will always take you to homescreen.

I will add more as I think of them.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
This topic is a compilation of things I think should be changed/removed/edited/added/etc. in iOS 7

-With the implementation of LTE, remove all Wifi related restrictions (gamecenter/app downloads/photostream upload/etc.)

-Swipe away notifications/a better solution to the 'clear all' functionality currently in place
-Allow single notifications (within a grouping, i.e. mail) to be swiped away

-Remove the notification bar at the top from infringing on the 'main' section of the screen like it currently does
-I do not like how it covers up back buttons/etc.

-Redo entire notification bar at top
-remove carrier name (at least make it toggle-able)
-Add notification icons to bar

-Fix the multitasking areas; improve music switcher. Allow toggle for slider between sound and brightness

-Fix lock screen; currently quick camera access goes away in certain situations

I will add more as I think of them.

There are a million of these threads already. I'll try to provide links before this one is merged or closed...

iOS 7 Hopes and Wishes (merged)
iOS 7 needs this

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I am really hoping they redo or atleast revert to a working version of the App Store. The new one is horrible for developers and customers.

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
You know how you swipe to the left to get to the search box and there is that empty space in between that and the keyboard? That can be used for swipe gestures like f for Facebook, or s for safari, or circle for ______, plus sign for ____, ect.

89DE5DB4-3AAF-4245-8AA6-AFB595345638-2424-0000023E068A05CA.jpg

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
How about the weather icon showing the correct temp?

Can't believe it still doesnt do that.

Live tiles would spice up the ui a bit. I don't think it needs a redesign for the sake of it. I've played with android and feel lucky to have the simple ios interface.

labars

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
Seems like many users just want a "UI refresh" for the sake of it being new, rather than it being more useful. I really don't care as long as they keep upgrading the usability, and closing the gap between iOS and Android.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Up Next for iOS

iOS seriously needs Up Next, even more so than iTunes 11. The implementation is great in iTunes, but today I found myself going through my library in the car and playing songs and looking for the next song I wanted to hear. Without wanting to make a playlist, start it, and edit it, I was playing a song, and then starting the next song right when the current one would end. The Up Next feature would allow me to do this much easier w/o saving a playlist for later, DJing on the fly but able to cue up many songs at once.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
iOS seriously needs Up Next, even more so than iTunes 11. The implementation is great in iTunes, but today I found myself going through my library in the car and playing songs and looking for the next song I wanted to hear. Without wanting to make a playlist, start it, and edit it, I was playing a song, and then starting the next song right when the current one would end. The Up Next feature would allow me to do this much easier w/o saving a playlist for later, DJing on the fly but able to cue up many songs at once.

Yea, I agree, they should add that and in general the Music app needs more features and improvements.

Till then though, I'd recommend you use this...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/music+-music-player-queue/id462782680?mt=8

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I would like the ability to access more airplay options from the multitasking bar.

Today, I was using airvideo on my ipad to stream a movie saved on my imac to my apple tv. I then minimised airvideo and went on to play a game (shadow era) while watching the movie.

However, I found that when I subsequently wanted to adjust some settings (say fast-forward to another part of the show), I had to halt my game and switch over to airvideo. Being able to do this from the multitasking bar would be a nice convenience.

Or if there is an easier workaround, I am all ears. :)

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
Seems like many users just want a "UI refresh" for the sake of it being new, rather than it being more useful. I really don't care as long as they keep upgrading the usability, and closing the gap between iOS and Android.

If you take Android 4.2 and just look at it from a software perspective - it blows iOS out of the water. The interface is much more intuitive and insanely rewarding for power users. This being said, Apple still offers a better ecosystem and app selection, so I will remain on my iPhone #

bgr90

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
Instagram integration

It would be great to see Instagram integrated into iOS

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
If you take Android 4.2 and just look at it from a software perspective - it blows iOS out of the water. The interface is much more intuitive and insanely rewarding for power users. This being said, Apple still offers a better ecosystem and app selection, so I will remain on my iPhone #

Power users are probably a small segment of the smartphone population. How would you define a "power user" anyway? It's like when Windows fans say the Surface allows them to do "real work". Ok, how does one define "real work"? And how easily can you do "real work" on a 10" 16:9 screen anyway?

----------

I saw that, loved it too. The lockscreen is something I've gotten pretty tired of. I just think it looks antiquated after seeing other phones.

I'd love to know why Apple left the lock screen as is for all these years. That's why I'm glad Forstall is leaving...iOS needs new blood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.