Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbroady

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
I was debating getting an iphone/touch all night. Screw ATT. I'll just have to wait until they make it compatible with Verizon... I am off to brave the subways to head to the Manhattan Fifth ave store and pick one of the touches up. (Just called, definitely in stock.)

haha i forgot that stores open 24 hours.

never really got to me why anyone would want to buy a computer at 3 in the morning:confused: haha

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
haha i forgot that stores open 24 hours.

never really got to me why anyone would want to buy a computer at 3 in the morning:confused: haha

It comes in handy when you wanna go to the genius bar with absolutely NOBODY there. ;)

I needed my iPod headphones replaced so I went at around 3:15am, I was the only one in the store save for 5-6 employees. Walked up to the genius bar, told the guy I needed new headphones...he just took mine and handed me a pair from under the bar.

Took 5 minutes...so sometimes it's useful.

phantomsd

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
I just got my touch about five hours ago from the Irvine CA store and I have already noticed 3 dead pixels : / hopefully I can exchange it out this weekend. Also I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with the dark blacks while watching videos almost looks like its a negative when looking at it dead on it seems like I need to tilt the ipod when watching a dark scene. Besides the screen issues everything else is great.

NICE. Was it at the Spectrum? I was there today around 1pm and didn't see any touches on display.

Was going to pick up an iPhone tomorrow to unlock for T-Mobile... but now seeing that the touches are in... I am undecided AGAIN.

Damn you Apple for throwing this curve ball!

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
1375460639_af79b262da.jpg

iLounge photo. Love it.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
slkartmac...
I use to have that problem with my 4th gen Video Ipod. Turned out it was the compression of some of my videos. I still have some videos that do it...Fast and the furious. Check another video to see if it does the same thing.

Does anyone know if the camera adapter works with the touch. I use my ipod as storage all the time with the ipod camera adapter.. Peace
-Ellz

colto

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
I was debating getting an iphone/touch all night. Screw ATT. I'll just have to wait until they make it compatible with Verizon... I am off to brave the subways to head to the Manhattan Fifth ave store and pick one of the touches up. (Just called, definitely in stock.)
Umm. That will be at least 5 years. Apple has a 5 year exclusivity with ATT. Verizon and ATT are unrolling different types of internet technologies that they will use for about that amount of time. You have a LONG wait ahead...

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Other photos show that the picture quality is BETTER on the iPod. Something not right here...

Stun inc.

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
I got mine at the Apple store in Santa Rosa today, canceled my order online at the store.

Fortunately my blacks are comming out just fine, I wonder if it was just a bad batch.

Best of luck for everyone

ozontheroad

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
the reef
Umm. That will be at least 5 years. Apple has a 5 year exclusivity with ATT. Verizon and ATT are unrolling different types of internet technologies that they will use for about that amount of time. You have a LONG wait ahead...

also... by the time the AT&T exclusivity period ends the current iPhone will be a collectors item and look old and even probably ugly.

what did the iPod look like 5 years ago ?

on topic: has anyone installed mail and notes on the touch ?

cmclaughlan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
also... by the time the AT&T exclusivity period ends the current iPhone will be a collectors item and look old and even probably ugly.

what did the iPod look like 5 years ago ?

on topic: has anyone installed mail and notes on the touch ?

Jailbreak currently hangs the touch causing you to gave to do a restore in iTunes.

So no installing apps, yet.

McCord9

Suspended
Mar 5, 2003
New York City
Fifth Ave.

Well I survived the subway at 3am and got my touch from the fifth ave store.

To the poster who said the exclusivity with Apple and AT&T is 5 years, I believe it is only 2. If you saw something different from what I saw please post the link. Thanks.

patric.mueller

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
IApps

Actually, I used my friends iPhone and backed up a couple of them already. Which ones are you wanting?

EDIT:

I have Calendar, Mail, Maps, Stocks, and Weather

Hi rmh,

Is it possible to send the apps to me?
I live in Switzerland and i don`t get an Iphone....

So when the Itouch is shipping to me i would like to put the apps on it.

Best regards

Patric

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Well I survived the subway at 3am and got my touch from the fifth ave store.

To the poster who said the exclusivity with Apple and AT&T is 5 years, I believe it is only 2. If you saw something different from what I saw please post the link. Thanks.

I believe that it's exclusive to AT&T for five years, but the plan you sign up for when you buy iPhone lasts two years. So we are talking about two different things here.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
The sooner this gets cracked the better. Come on you hackers!

I'm quite glad that the UK pre-orders aren't anywhere close to shipping - there's undoubtedly going to be a 16GB 3G UK iPhone announcement next Tuesday and I want to see how much they're expecting us to pay for it. If it's vaguely affordable for me, I'm cancelling my £245 16GB Touch order...

(yes, that's right, £245... ;) )

theschoning

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
london, uk
ipod touch photographs

wow all this great technology, digital cameras, ipods - shame noone seems to cabable to use the stuff (judging by the quality - or lack of - of the unpacking photos!). Pretty embarrassing really....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.