Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grizzy

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Anyone have an estimate on what time our missed connections would be re-established? I've been looking through flight tracker, but it's easier said than done.

It's going to sit in Lville and ship out to your local depot tomorrow morning. Probably between 2:30-4:30 am.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Any UPS pros around this morning?

Mine appears to be going around Seattle now for nearly four hours... According to ups, departure scan and in transit means it's being moved between ups centers. I LIVE in seattle! Where is it going?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 104

grizzy

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
So for those that "missed connection" (like me) did you make a change during the shipment? Like hold for will call, change address, etc.

Just curious if that's the culprit.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Any UPS pros around this morning?

Mine appears to be going around Seattle now for nearly four hours... According to ups, departure scan and in transit means it's being moved between ups centers. I LIVE in seattle! Where is it going?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

It probably has to go from the airport to the local hub in SODO. Then it can be sent out for local delivery.

bacano22

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
So for those that "missed connection" (like me) did you make a change during the shipment? Like hold for will call, change address, etc.

Most that miss connection made a change ..lesson learned for me .. But mine just got delivered. This was fun see u guys for the iPhone 6 good luck all

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
It probably has to go from the airport to the local hub in SODO. Then it can be sent out for local delivery.

You are 100% correct ;). I just called and they said it got to Boeing field this morning but its in route to Redmond. Sucks because I decided to work from home today in Seattle but I actually work IN Redmond near the ups facility lol!

Anyways, Boeing to Redmond is a 40 min drive. I wonder what's taking four+ hours. Hopefully I get it today as promised..

Thanks for the reply.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You are 100% correct ;). I just called and they said it got to Boeing field this morning but its in route to Redmond. Sucks because I decided to work from home today in Seattle but I actually work IN Redmond near the ups facility lol!

Anyways, Boeing to Redmond is a 40 min drive. I wonder what's taking four+ hours. Hopefully I get it today as promised..

Thanks for the reply.

They separate delivery areas into zones, so the delivery address determines which hub is used for it to be sent out for delivery.

My UPS packages always go to Redmond and then out for delivery.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
They separate delivery areas into zones, so the delivery address determines which hub is used for it to be sent out for delivery.

That's fine but four hour + from Boeing field to redmond? They walking these things?? :)

christopher3071

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Upstate, NY
A lot of us gold verizon people are on the same flight. Gl us at getting it Friday

Incheon, Korea, Republic of
09/26/2013 11:51 P.M. Departure Scan
09/26/2013 8:05 P.M. Arrival Scan

Korean Air Flight 243 departed Incheon for Anchorage at 11:48 P.M.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/KAL243

I'm thinking this is the flight for me as UPS99 left at 10:26 P.M.

32GB Gray AT&T ordered 9/20 at 5:16 AM EST (2:16 AM Pacific Time)

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
That's fine by four hour + from Boeing field to redmond? They walking these things?? :)

Well, it IS UPS!!! They're not exactly known for always doing everything right, unfortunately!

The first iPad I ordered sat in one location for 3 days in a row, for no reason whatsoever. It didn't move and I got nowhere with UPS, I finally had to call Apple and they called UPS….suddenly they got that sucker moving and it arrived the next morning. :)

Apple also apologized profusely and sent me a free smart cover and hdmi adapter for my trouble.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA

Mine's out for delivery from Redmond this morning. UPS usually gets to my house by noon, so I'm hoping to have it by lunch time.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Mine's out for delivery from Redmond this morning. UPS usually gets to my house by noon, so I'm hoping to have it by lunch time.

UPS usually gets to me about 3pm or so. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday, when my delivery guy was here a few minutes before noon.

You're going to love it, when that new phone is in your hands!

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Well, it IS UPS!!! They're not exactly known for always doing everything right, unfortunately!

The first iPad I ordered sat in one location for 3 days in a row, for no reason whatsoever. It didn't move and I got nowhere with UPS, I finally had to call Apple and they called UPS….suddenly they got that sucker moving and it arrived the next morning. :)

Apple also apologized profusely and sent me a free smart cover and hdmi adapter for my trouble.

I hate that apple picks up the tab on behalf of shipping companies... Your package probably fell off the wagon and someone kicked it to the side. We've all seen the YouTube videos of what really goes on in these places. :)

CruiseToGo

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012

I made no changes just bad luck I guess. I had seen on earlier threads that this has happened more than once in Louisville for this iphone launch. Maybe related to sheer volume or there's a problem with their operation in Louisville.

Update: Just got another Import Scan in Louisville at 12:36 PM. First one was at 3:30 AM today, before the missed connection. Don't think this means anything good, just passing it along.

Last edited:

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
So frustrating that our phones all go through Louisville when Louisville only has 1 flight a day to most destinations, and most of those flights are before 4am. Begging for misconnections. If they had later flights they could still get them in the right state at least so those that opted to pick up could have them on time. Seems like the hub should have a lot more flights than ONE to each place, or at least have flights to other hubs that DO have later flights. Sheesh :(

In other news, my delivery on UPS tracking officially got updated to Friday.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I hate that apple picks up the tab on behalf of shipping companies... Your package probably fell off the wagon and someone kicked it to the side. We've all seen the YouTube videos of what really goes on in these places. :)

Oh, I am well aware of what goes on there. When I was 17, (though I'm not going to say how long ago that was….) I was seeing a 32 year old :p that worked for UPS in a sorting facility and I heard many tales that he and his friends thought were hilarious…..dropping boxes marked fragile and just sending them on through and acting like it never happened and etc.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Oh, I am well aware of what goes on there. When I was 17, (though I'm not going to say how long ago that was….) I was seeing a 32 year old :p that worked for UPS in a sorting facility and I heard many tales that he and his friends thought were hilarious…..dropping boxes marked fragile and just sending them on through and acting like it never happened and etc.

A 32 year old was doing that? What a winner! ;). Wait wait wait, a 32 year old was dating a 17 year old? Never mind. Let's stay on topic here... Screw ups! :).

Jk. I really hope they just forgot to scan the package and its on its way right now. What's going on with your package?

Edit: I just read that you already got yours. What are you doing in this thread? ;)

Last edited:

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
So frustrating that our phones all go through Louisville when Louisville only has 1 flight a day to most destinations, and most of those flights are before 4am. Begging for misconnections. If they had later flights they could still get them in the right state at least so those that opted to pick up could have them on time. Seems like the hub should have a lot more flights than ONE to each place, or at least have flights to other hubs that DO have later flights. Sheesh :(

In other news, my delivery on UPS tracking officially got updated to Friday.

I have already made peace with the fact I am not seeing my phone today, but at least update my status so I can know if i getting my phone tomorrow! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.