Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
SPOILERS

There is some similar scenes, however with the characters being different or the characters being killed off, there is some differences.

I have actually enjoyed it. Lots of killing and what have you and that is how the comic is from the moment they enter the prison.

The scene with the new convicts was different. So there is an arc that for now is not going to happen, unless they make one of the two fellows who were allowed to live one of the bad guys.

They did pay homage to the "judge/jury/executioner" line of the books when rick kills the two prisoners. You could see it in his eyes and the "group discussion" if you will is right out of the book.

I am actually quite pleased with this season so far. I am still waiting to see how the Governor is going to be played out.

Rick shoots them in the yard. I remember that. They aren't even prepared. Its more of a surprise right? Not just hey you threw that zombie my way so its time to die. It was a huge build up to him killing them. Plus they haven't even mentioned the weapon stash yet. I also feel as if the black chick with the katana meets rick before she meets the Governor.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
SPOILERS

Rick shoots them in the yard. I remember that. They aren't even prepared. Its more of a surprise right? Not just hey you threw that zombie my way so its time to die. It was a huge build up to him killing them. Plus they haven't even mentioned the weapon stash yet. I also feel as if the black chick with the katana meets rick before she meets the Governor.

You are correct about the meeting......... she meets everybody at the prison, she comes walking up to it.

There was the scene with the character from the book who goes on a rampage and takes out the yard full of zombies.

They do go through the facility clearing it out etc.

As Robert has said, there is some difference in the show from the book. Some I like, some I don't like.

Yeah, the reserve base that they go after which is also a confrontational part with some of the governers crew if I remember correctly.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
You are correct about the meeting......... she meets everybody at the prison, she comes walking up to it.

There was the scene with the character from the book who goes on a rampage and takes out the yard full of zombies.

They do go through the facility clearing it out etc.

As Robert has said, there is some difference in the show from the book. Some I like, some I don't like.

Yeah, the reserve base that they go after which is also a confrontational part with some of the governers crew if I remember correctly.

I read the comic a long long time ago. So its a bit fuzzy. What did you think of the way the prisoners were killed versus the book? Personally I feel like they jumped into the governor way too quickly. I think he should of been a mid season kind of character, since that's how it felt to me in the book.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I read the comic a long long time ago. So its a bit fuzzy. What did you think of the way the prisoners were killed versus the book? Personally I feel like they jumped into the governor way too quickly. I think he should of been a mid season kind of character, since that's how it felt to me in the book.

I think it is about on par. We just finished episode two, so he should be coming in the third episode, which leaves about 10 episodes to put his story and possible start the arc with him.

I was actually disappointed with the prisoner thing for a different reason. I liked the way the book played out, however I think that would have made the season seem a little long. I will miss the part (spoilers) about the guy who cuts one of the team members and they end up hanging him. Like I said earlier, that scene was replaced with the killing of the inmates, you could see Rick turn.

So having said that, I don't know which way they are going to take the two remaining prisoners, well at least the two that we know about if there are more, what direction they are going to take them. I don't trust the little tweaking white dude. There is a past with him and I have a feeling it is going to come out.

I am also looking forward to see how, the guy who's hand was cut off, can't remember his name to save my life right now. There was a sneak peak and it looks like he is playing with the governor or on the governors side.

I like the pace, I just hope they don't leave to much out of the story from the book that shows the governor for what he really is.

I don't know if you have been keeping up with the comics, but the "Something to Fear" story line is pretty gripping and one of the main baddies in this arc of the series. Brutal also.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
I am also looking forward to see how, the guy who's hand was cut off, can't remember his name to save my life right now. There was a sneak peak and it looks like he is playing with the governor or on the governors side.

I don't know if you have been keeping up with the comics, but the "Something to Fear" story line is pretty gripping and one of the main baddies in this arc of the series. Brutal also.

I bet the dude with his hand cut off is how they transition to some of the more brutal aspects of this arc.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I bet the dude with his hand cut off is how they transition to some of the more brutal aspects of this arc.

Oh!! I have a feeling you are right. It also be interesting to see if he can swing his brother over to his side also.

I am looking forward to see how they play this whole season out knowing what I know about the characters and then seeing what the TV show does with them.

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
Complete speculation on my part based on the last episode and the teaser for next week's...

Possible spoilers... being a spoiler thread and all:

- Somebody is going to lose a hand... eye for an eye perhaps?

- I think someone in the main group at the prison is going to die... there's a "dispensable" character left if you think about it, and would echo the graphic novel (though not exactly).

- Daryl's loyalty is going to be tested.

/End spoilers

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Complete speculation on my part based on the last episode and the teaser for next week's...

Possible spoilers... being a spoiler thread and all:

- Somebody is going to lose a hand... eye for an eye perhaps?

- I think someone in the main group at the prison is going to die... there's a "dispensable" character left if you think about it, and would echo the graphic novel (though not exactly).

- Daryl's loyalty is going to be tested.

/End spoilers

Spoiler...

I am wondering if the gentleman that lost his hand, was a way the show captured that part of the book. Instead of rick, lets pay homage to the book by taking this guys hand.

The sneak peak was good and makes me wonder what is up his sleeve!!!

You have my interest with the person you think is going to get it? Who are you thinking?

Big time re: Daryl. I can see the story going both ways and man it would killer any way you think about it.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Spoiler...

I am wondering if the gentleman that lost his hand, was a way the show captured that part of the book. Instead of rick, lets pay homage to the book by taking this guys hand.

The sneak peak was good and makes me wonder what is up his sleeve!!!

You have my interest with the person you think is going to get it? Who are you thinking?

Big time re: Daryl. I can see the story going both ways and man it would killer any way you think about it.

I don't remember Hirshal getting pwned in the leg either in the book. Maybe thats the way the pay homage to it.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Not really a spoiler, but...

Beth Greene (by the squirrely-looking prisoner, if the show loosely follows the graphic novels)

That is exactly who I was thinking in my references a few more posts up. I completely agree and I hope they do go that route.

Man I can't say enough on how much I love this show.

----------

I don't remember Hirshal getting pwned in the leg either in the book. Maybe thats the way the pay homage to it.

Dale lost his leg in the prison in the book, of course he's not around in the show anymore...

B

Wasn't it Dale,,,, who lost it in the book. Might have to crack them open and re-read that section again. I haven't read them....

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've never been a pregnant woman about to give birth, but wouldn't it be better for a woman capable of having children to live and not her baby? Given the limited resources wouldn't that baby rely on breast feeding?

A baby is probably the worst thing to have. It'll be loud, dependant, and unable to fire a gun, and is 6-12 years of being a good contributor.

(too logical?)

Good ep though, glad I didn't give up during that slow second season.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Great season so far. Much better then most of season 2.

If you enjoy the Walking Dead, I highly recommend the anime series "High School of the Dead" (streaming on Netflix and others). It is a very well done series similar to the "Walking Dead" that shows the zombie pandemic from its start to its conclusion. It excels in showing the panic and the breakdown of society and its very intense (It's rated TV-MA for some language, some partial nudity, and lots of violence).

Note 1: Watch at least a couple episodes before you decide. Episode 2 is where some survivors (main characters) group up for survival (like "The Walking Dead"). Episode 1 is mostly zombies munching on people.

Note 2: They show the conclusion to each episode (along with a next episode preview) after the closing credits (i.e. you can fast forward through the closing credits but don't go immediately to the next episode when you see the closing credits).

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
You can't accuse them of sticking close to the comic books here!

B

Tell me about it. This puts a different spin to the season compared to the books. I am very interested to see where they take this.

I am sooooo glad they did not go for the zombie baby like a lot of forums were hoping for.

From the previews it looked like the "fighting ring" might still be a go with the governer! Which is probably why he likes our sword wielding girl so much. Put her in the ring!

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Not to start a flame war here, but I think I'm the only one who finds this show boring as hell and so melodramatic that it ain't funny? I admit the first season was great and showed promise of a great series, but really. It's like Days Of Our Lives now.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Is there a way to see spoilers on iPhone? I can't seem to highlight and show them like I can on a computer.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
From the previews it looked like the "fighting ring" might still be a go with the governer! Which is probably why he likes our sword wielding girl so much. Put her in the ring!

I thought so too, but yet another place where the book and show are so different.

Is there a way to see spoilers on iPhone? I can't seem to highlight and show them like I can on a computer.

Try quoting the post as if you were going to reply. This will no render the color tags so that the text is readable.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.