Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just a quick question for those who have/are reading the comic. Is "Terminus" in the comics or is this story arc something created by the television writers? I'm just curious.

Short answer: no with qualifiers. I consider the following spoiler a mild one. :)

Spoiler

Terminus is not in the comic, however in the comic after they arrive in D.C., they run into a bad group of people who live in a fortified factory, which this looks suspiciously like. And I don't remember it being called Terminus in the comic. Are the producers messing around with comic readers or is this a major juxtaposition of the story? Only time will tell. :)

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Just a quick question for those who have/are reading the comic. Is "Terminus" in the comics or is this story arc something created by the television writers? I'm just curious.

Short answer: no with qualifiers. I consider the following spoiler a mild one. :)

Spoiler

Terminus is not in the comic, however in the comic after they arrive in D.C., they run into a bad group of people who live in a fortified factory, which this looks suspiciously like. And I don't remember it being called Terminus in the comic. Are the producers messing around with comic readers or is this a major juxtaposition of the story? Only time will tell. :)

Huntn, pretty much summed it up. Terminus is not in the comics, in fact I don't ever remember even reading the word Terminus.

Judging by next weeks episode trailer, I have a very strong feeling this is them. Also, did you catch the big slabs of "meat" on the cooker! :D

I am getting the feeling they are blending a few stories together for the next arc. I wouldn't be surprised if we see or hear about Negen or a mention of the Saviors.

Or I could be way off and they are going to be doing something completely different then the books. Completely different all together!

Last edited:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Was hoping there'd be a little more to this last ep. Glad Glenn and Maggie are back together, but they've really drawn out this walk down the tracks thing. Next weeks finale didn't seem to leave too much room for a big episode. I'm guessing it's reunion show and then a big cliff hanger. Hate to be left hanging all break...

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Was hoping there'd be a little more to this last ep. Glad Glenn and Maggie are back together, but they've really drawn out this walk down the tracks thing. Next weeks finale didn't seem to leave too much room for a big episode. I'm guessing it's reunion show and then a big cliff hanger. Hate to be left hanging all break...

Do you watch "The Talking Dead"? They were talking about this last episode is action packed.

I have actually liked this arc. There is going to be a cliff hanger and I am curious as to what they are going to leave us with!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Do you watch "The Talking Dead"? They were talking about this last episode is action packed.

I have actually liked this arc. There is going to be a cliff hanger and I am curious as to what they are going to leave us with!

I did not! Cool. I'll have to check it out. With the pace the show has been I. The last few weeks I just didn't think that was coming. Heading to watch now.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I did not! Cool. I'll have to check it out. With the pace the show has been I. The last few weeks I just didn't think that was coming. Heading to watch now.

The Talking Dead is pretty much a must for us now. We have it too set to record on our DVR. Great show and you get some, not much, think very little, but still enough info on some of the upcoming shows that gets your interest peaked! They also have tid bits about that nights show that you don't think about till they start talking about.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
The Talking Dead is pretty much a must for us now. We have it too set to record on our DVR. Great show and you get some, not much, think very little, but still enough info on some of the upcoming shows that gets your interest peaked! They also have tid bits about that nights show that you don't think about till they start talking about.

Started watching then realized it was an hour!:eek: I'll give it a whirl tonight. I thought it'd be like a 3 min bit, tops. :eek: Looks promising, though...

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Thank you sir.

Judging by next weeks episode trailer, I have a very strong feeling this is them. Also, did you catch the big slabs of "meat" on the cooker!

I told my wife after that scene that if you were a group of cannibals then advertising "sanctuary for all" would be a great way to keep a steady stream of food coming in.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

They did, almost as if it was a bridge episode.

Thank you sir.

I told my wife after that scene that if you were a group of cannibals then advertising "sanctuary for all" would be a great way to keep a steady stream of food coming in.

A pleasure.

I found it hard to believe that this place had unlocked gates. If I was a character I'd be suspicious, is it a trap? And I just don't know how this group of people in apocalyptic survival mode are not more stealthy in their approach to reconnoiter the place or any new group of people?? You just stroll in and say howdy with your fingers crossed they don't blow you away? You'd think these things would be discussed by the writers and producers. :p

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Something isn't right in Terminus. Yes, I noticed the meat on the grill.

Unrelated trivia note... Terminus was the original name for Atlanta. It was the end of the railroad lines.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Thank you sir.

Exactly. Come on in! Here read our book, "To Serve Mankind"! hahahaha.

Did anybody else catch the religious/cult setting with the candles in the preview for next week?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well, since you are from the South (going off the name of course), and the current location is in the south, shouldn't it be "wonder if it tastes like gator?"!!! :):D

Hey - don't knock gator until you try it! We live in ATL (so, not really rural area)..but I know that gator bites are a popular appetizer in south Georgia, as well as northern Florida (such as Jacksonville, where my fiancee's family lives).

Fried gator is pretty good.

Also, I do think that Terminus will be a cult, probably similar to the cannibals in the comics.

Definitely not going to be a nice place to try to settle.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hey - don't knock gator until you try it! We live in ATL (so, not really rural area)..but I know that gator bites are a popular appetizer in south Georgia, as well as northern Florida (such as Jacksonville, where my fiancee's family lives).

Fried gator is pretty good.

Also, I do think that Terminus will be a cult, probably similar to the cannibals in the comics.

Definitely not going to be a nice place to try to settle.

That lady did remind me a bit of the elderly cannibal couple in The Book of Eli with the good manners "Come on in, make yourself at home!", which I regard as an outstanding movie:)

the+book+of+eli+-+dumbledore.jpg

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
That lady did remind me a bit of the elderly cannibal couple in The Book of Eli with the good manners "Come on in, make yourself at home!", which I regard as an outstanding movie:)

"That lady" looked extremely familiar to me, it was only through watching Talking Dead that I realized it was Tasha Yar! (Denise Crosby). I hope she doesn't die in the finale.

Marytv.png

B

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
"That lady" looked extremely familiar to me, it was only through watching Talking Dead that I realized it was Tasha Yar! (Denise Crosby). I hope she doesn't die in the finale.

Marytv.png

B

Tasha Yar??? Wow. It reminds me of the time I ran into a school mate 25 years after high school who I last saw when she was 17. :)

TashaYar.jpg

The words of Denise Crosby (I never knew):
I was miserable. I couldn’t wait to get off that show. I was dying. This was not an overnight decision. I was grateful to have made that many episodes, but I didn’t want to spend the next six years going “Aye, aye, captain,” and standing there, in the same uniform, in the same position on the bridge. It just scared the hell out of me that this was what I was going to be doing for the next X-amount of years. I think you have to take your chances. I was really young. I didn’t have to make house payments or put kids through private school or support people. I was free to make those kinds of decisions. I’d been in acting school really dreaming of playing all kinds of different things. Whether it’ll happen or not, you don’t know, but you’ve got to give yourself a chance. God forbid you go through your life thinking, “What if?”
link

Looking at her filmography she probably should of rode STNG to the end... Yeah it's hindsight. She's not the first actor to have stars in their eyes.

On STNG, it was a toss up, I used to fantasize between Ensign Ro Laren and Beverly Crusher.

250px-Ro_Laren.jpg

250px-BeverlyCrusher.jpg

Last edited:

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
I can't believe there's only one more episode left in this season. So much has happened this season, especially in the second half, that I'm just wondering how they're going to wrap up every loose thread in this last episode without leaving such a huge cliff hanger. It might just be me but I feel like every season before this, well maybe except season 2, gave the viewer some level of closure. The end of this season feels more like a mid-season finale/break but the time between now and when the next season starts will be twice as long! :eek:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I can't believe there's only one more episode left in this season. So much has happened this season, especially in the second half, that I'm just wondering how they're going to wrap up every loose thread in this last episode without leaving such a huge cliff hanger. It might just be me but I feel like every season before this, well maybe except season 2, gave the viewer some level of closure. The end of this season feels more like a mid-season finale/break but the time between now and when the next season starts will be twice as long! :eek:

There will be a huge cliff hanger. There is no way to wrap it all up in an a one hour episode.

There is a scene in the previews where the camera is zooming in on Rick's face. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the last scene of the season..... :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

More time to allow you to contemplate the possibilities and reflect on the apocalyptic zombie lifestyle... "just look at the flowers". :p

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I liked this episode alot. Lots of new characters and I am glad to see the pack that Daraly was running with got it in the end also!

The scene where he gutted the big guy! Classic in my book and I think we now have Rick back and he is in full swing.

I am glad to see they didn't jump into the Saviors right away. There was talk that we would "might" see this group. Glad to see them holding off for a bit. I am wondering how long they will be at this location though. If they do make it out, will they go to Washington, which could bring us to another group of people if the produces of the show haven't decided to combine a few arc's with the "Terminus" group.

Bring on Season 5!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.