Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
The good thing about this is that Apple probably has things together now in terms of production so we can be almost certain the iPhone 5 will be released in black and white simultaneously. :rolleyes:

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
WHEN iPhone 5 comes out (whether its 2 months or a year from now) I'll just simply buy it and replace the white iPhone 4. What's the big deal? So I have to pay full price for the iPhone 5 since I'm under contract. Big deal. I mean its only $800. We aren't talking about a large sum of money here.

Uhm. Nice for you. I know plenty of people who can only dream of being able to purchase an iPhone.

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
Finally! This thing is gorgeous! After waiting it out for Verizon to get the iPhone I held out even longer for the white iPhone. Finally its here I will be buying this tomorrow no question. To all those who complain "oh what's the point Apple is going to release the iPhone 5 soon".

Well its simple.

WHEN iPhone 5 comes out (whether its 2 months or a year from now) I'll just simply buy it and replace the white iPhone 4. What's the big deal? So I have to pay full price for the iPhone 5 since I'm under contract. Big deal. I mean its only $800. We aren't talking about a large sum of money here.

Uhm. Nice for you. I know plenty of people who can only dream of being able to purchase an iPhone.

Some folks are debating whether to spend their money on gas to get to/from work or buy an iPhone.:rolleyes:

pepitko

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
Oh great news, I wouldn't have expected for it to launch over here as well on the launch date. My girlfriend will finally get to buy the phone she always wanted.

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010

facepalm1.jpg

awatiker

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2006
Here are some reasons someone would by this now:

1. The iPhone 4 is great now, it will be great when the iPhone 5 shows up.
2. If the 5 comes out in September then it will be a 4-5 month wait minimum.
3. The two year clock starts now, meaning that the next upgrade can come sooner.
4. Verizon has already said they are going to be taking away unlimited 3G according to the CFO. Get the phone now and lock it in.

There are good reasons to buy now, there are good reasons to wait.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Can anyone speculate why the seams on the metal band (three on the GSM iPhone, four on the CDMA iPhone) were left black and not made white for the white model?

I can understand the need to change the proximity sensor to that black strip (as opposed to the dotted yellow-white in the original promo photos) to avoid light reflection issues, but those plastics seams being black seems to ruin the consistency of the white model.

:eek:

Mr Snubbles

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
California
Can anyone speculate why the seams on the metal band (three on the GSM iPhone, four on the CDMA iPhone) were left black and not made white for the white model?

I can understand the need to change the proximity sensor to that black strip (as opposed to the dotted yellow-white in the original promo photos) to avoid light reflection issues, but those plastics seams being black seems to ruin the consistency of the white model.

wut.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
So yeah, Apple releases the white ip4 to make additional revenue from people that already own a ip4 black, in a few months apple releases an updated iphone ( still rumored? no confirmation yet? ) whether it be ip4s or ip5 and make more money off of you guys :)

Whozown

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
Read the thread!!

I swear if one more person asks what the "extra slit" is for, I will go blind!

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
fudge!!!! im within my 30 day return period but i dont believe radioshack will carry it tomorrow :( i WILL get this somehow :D

any suggestions?!!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Oh great news, I wouldn't have expected for it to launch over here as well on the launch date. My girlfriend will finally get to buy the phone she always wanted.

My girlfriend gave up around November and got the black one lol. I dont even have the heart to tell her the news... I'm sure she will find out on her own pretty soon though.

cmwhitley

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2008
I'm going to try to get one tomorrow, but there will undoubtedly be 1) low quantities of product on hand (no matter where you go) and 2) high quantities of people camping out/standing in line waiting to get them. I called my local AT&T store, and they have yet to receive any, so I may be wasting my time anyway...

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Finally, it's over. All the hype over a different colored iPhone 4, ended.

Here are some reasons someone would by this now:

1. The iPhone 4 is great now, it will be great when the iPhone 5 shows up.
2. If the 5 comes out in September then it will be a 4-5 month wait minimum.
3. The two year clock starts now, meaning that the next upgrade can come sooner.
4. Verizon has already said they are going to be taking away unlimited 3G according to the CFO. Get the phone now and lock it in.

There are good reasons to buy now, there are good reasons to wait.

1. Yes just like the iPhone 3GS, they're still great.
2. True, but we won't know until WWDC. Regardless the September event is usually in the first couple weeks of September, still "summer".
3. No, the upgrade started when the iPhone 4 was first announced, which was last year WWDC.
4. Right

I think there are better reasons to wait, but it depends on the person.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.