Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Literally Just got off the phone with the recruiter and got the offer call :):cool:

I just got off the phone with my recruiter about 15 minutes ago!!!!! I am super psyched! I start November 24!!!!
Congratulations!
###

YessiIvey

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Hi all,
I applied on October 29th, 2014 and have a few questions. I'm so antsy as to hearing something from Apple! Hopefully, I can have some of my questions answered... 1) If Apple calls me, what number shows up on caller id? 2) Other's who have heard from a recruiter after application, how long from applying did it take for you to hear from a recruiter? I went on glassdoor.com to see other people's experience and some have heard as soon as the next day after applying! 3) Anyone know of the dates for upcoming classes? I am very hopeful and am looking forward to hearing back from Apple, but not sure what timeframe is average from application to initial call from a recruiter...

Thanks in advance!

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Hi all,
I applied on October 29th, 2014 and have a few questions. I'm so antsy as to hearing something from Apple! Hopefully, I can have some of my questions answered... 1) If Apple calls me, what number shows up on caller id? 2) Other's who have heard from a recruiter after application, how long from applying did it take for you to hear from a recruiter? I went on glassdoor.com to see other people's experience and some have heard as soon as the next day after applying! 3) Anyone know of the dates for upcoming classes? I am very hopeful and am looking forward to hearing back from Apple, but not sure what timeframe is average from application to initial call from a recruiter...

Thanks in advance!

Here's my timeline:
Applied AHA 9/22/14
Recieved 1st call 10/7/14
2nd Interview 10/15/14
3rd Interview 10/20/14
Recieved call and Hireright submitted 10/23/2014
BGC complete! 11/03/2014
Official Offer Call!! 11/04/2014
My Training Starts 11/24/2014

My first call came from San Jose, California and the rest came from Folsom, California.
As far as how long it will take, it just depends. I first started applying two years ago. This last time that I applied on September 22, I heard back the following week!
The best advice I can give you, find something else to occupy your time because the waiting for this entire process is the most intense thing I have ever experienced!
There are training classes starting the first Monday of every week in November. I'm not sure about the actual training dates for December. It's a lengthy process so November would definitely be out even if you got a call first thing tomorrow morning.

Good luck!

jrice13

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Just had my FaceTime interview for the college program at Baylor... My interview was with a Team Manager from Austin.. I asked him if he thought I was a good candidate, and he said he couldn't say, but that I should "start thinking about whether I want to keep my current job"

Gators1

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
It's correct. You need to get at least a 70%. It's all open book and the tests are easy. I'm a horrible test taker and got a 100% almost every single time. There are 3 tests total.

If you don't pass these tests, I don't know what else to tell you besides that's sad. It's OPEN BOOK. Every single answer you can find within 2 minutes. And they give you like 2 hours for the tests. 2 hours to do 20 questions.

Benefits kick in automatically. They are good benefits. Vacation and Sick time accrue. You don't get the time instantly and you can't take a freebie personal day. You basically get 1 day a month. So if you need a day off after training, you will have to wait a month for 1 day. You're not getting some kind of knockout deal. But it's a better deal then a lot of places give you now.

You don't need to take your paperwork to an Apple Store or a Notary. Remember, that's what they recommend. It's not like anything will happen to you if you don't and you don't get a cookie or anything. I had my parents friend who is a real estate agent do mine. Just have someone professional do it that isn't family. It takes 10 minutes. No reason to drive an hour to an Apple Store.

If you have a current job that you like, I wouldn't leave it for this unless you just want to brag you work at Apple. It's a call center job. Remember that. From the second you clock-in until the second you clock-out you will be taking calls. In an 8 hour shift you will probably take 35-40 calls. It's a big number and when you get off work you will be stressed, dehydrated, and not want to be social. If that is okay with you, by all means, you're a perfect candidate.

When I put in my notice I was resigning I told myself I would never go back, and I mean that. The only way I would go back is to be in management. Or maybe chat? My friends in chat liked it.

You will be cross-trained with no additional compensation. If you only want to do iOS, you will end up doing CPU, too.

If you have a background in technical support, pray you start out in CPU. CPU at least is somewhat challenging. iOS is just customer service. The negative to CPU is that all the stats are measured the same as iOS even though iOS is a breeze. It's not fair.

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
The final test is 50 questions, not 20. You get out of this job exactly what you put into it. If you want to make it a career, by all means you can do it!
I am damn proud to be an Apple employee!

medicdj911

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
Hello Lbader

Can you shed some light into the position. I am currently a lead tech and on some occasions will make more than the job at Apple and sometimes make less, but it is not a company I can retire from.

Are you a AHA employee? if so do you feel you can retire doing this or is this a job you do for as long as possible but you know it will end at some point because of the metrics?

I feel pretty secure with the job I have, I am never late and I have never called out, I work and work and work so I feel I will be there for awhile is Apple a Job where there is some security or are they firing all the time and are meeting the metrics possible?

I had my paperwork filled out at the Apple store and the manager said I really should work Apple retail first so I can understand the customers, she said they are very angry and made it seem like they don't exist elsewhere. I have them at my current job.

So Im worried about how long I can last here at Apple.

TheSneekGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2013
Working at Apple as an AHA is not what some may think or expect.
In fact, Apple is more geared toward the customer than the employee.

If you are a customer you should expect great things from Apple; that is not only a testament to the product line, but also how Apple employees are trained.

However, as a current Apple Employee it is my honest opinion that Apple sucks on the employee front.

I Concur!!!

jatt123

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
FaceTime interview help!

Hello everyone so I have my FaceTime interview next week. I was wondering if someone could help me with the role play of what they ask? I saw a couple one the first page of this thread along with the questions. I think I'm good on those. But the roles plays I'm worried about. I been reading this thread (it's way too long). Can someone help of what role plays they ask and if any other questions they ask? I would really appreciate it thanks!

LBader

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Hello everyone so I have my FaceTime interview next week. I was wondering if someone could help me with the role play of what they ask? I saw a couple one the first page of this thread along with the questions. I think I'm good on those. But the roles plays I'm worried about. I been reading this thread (it's way too long). Can someone help of what role plays they ask and if any other questions they ask? I would really appreciate it thanks!

I can only speak from my own experience but I can tell you this, do not sweat it! When I had my first FaceTime interview and we did the role-play, after it was over I asked her if I answered it correctly and she said "honestly I am the last person to know anything about technical support. I really wasn't looking for the right answer, I was looking for your customer service technique"
Do not stress over the interviews, I know that's hard to do when you're in the moment but all three of my interviews were very personal very comfortable and absolutely no reason to be nervous at all!
Just be yourself, be pro-Apple!, be polite and kind and look them right in the eye!
Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Oh, I forgot to include the question! in my first FaceTime interview, I only had one role-play and My 'customer' had an iPhone that would not charge. After I gave her a list of different scenarios and things to try, she told me great job. That's when I asked her if I got it right!
Far as my third and final interview, we did two role-plays and I can't remember what they were but they were equally as simple. I did not get asked any of the tech questions that I've read here that others have had like what is ram? Explain the difference between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Each interview/interviewer is different.

Last edited:

Rmarie

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2014
I just had my FaceTime interview yesterday and I was wondering if I can get some input on what you guys think the outcome might be. The waiting time is always nerve wracking for me. I think my interview went pretty well. She explained that I should receive an email without 2-3 weeks about the next steps. I received an invite today for an info session about the job. Is that a good sign?

fro29445

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
At home advisor

Just got my offer call today, I start in the Jan. 5th class. Hang in there guys the wait is worth it :)

dan4422

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
Hey guys. I have my interview this Thursday. However I missed my virtual info session that I was supposed to attend today because of technical difficulties stupid cpu. Anyways, can anyone tell me what they talk about in the info session? I got in for the last maybe 5 minutes and they were doing Q&A. Also the thing was only 25 mins long when it said it would be an hour...

jrice13

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Hey guys. I have my interview this Thursday. However I missed my virtual info session that I was supposed to attend today because of technical difficulties stupid cpu. Anyways, can anyone tell me what they talk about in the info session? I got in for the last maybe 5 minutes and they were doing Q&A. Also the thing was only 25 mins long when it said it would be an hour...

Basically just talked about what the program is for people that didn't know. I went to the info session on Friday and honestly did not learn anything new that I didn't already know!

Got my offer call on Monday and am excited to start Jan 5th!

jatt123

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
Basically just talked about what the program is for people that didn't know. I went to the info session on Friday and honestly did not learn anything new that I didn't already know!

Got my offer call on Monday and am excited to start Jan 5th!

Hey Jrice did you have a third interview? I had my second FaceTime interview yesterday. I feel I did pretty well. The interview did last a hour and kept the convo flowing I applied for the college program too.

jrice13

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Hey Jrice did you have a third interview? I had my second FaceTime interview yesterday. I feel I did pretty well. The interview did last a hour and kept the convo flowing I applied for the college program too.

Nope, I'm doing the college program and you don't have a third interview! But you do I think if you're just a regular AHA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.