Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mediaman0610

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2014
Pay/Benefits/Hours

I apologize if this question has been asked already, unfortunately I don't have enough time at the moment to go through every page here.

I was wondering what the pay and benefits are actually like? How much do you start at? I've heard that the pay during training is different than what you get once you're live.

I also need to know about benefits and when you finally get them? Some places you get insurance and what not quickly, other places can take up to two months. And also has does time off work? What do you get in terms of vacation/sick/personal time?

Now the hours I can work with but would just like an idea or what to expect. Naturally there will be night, holiday, and weekends to work but how often do you get those hours? Are schedules kind of like a retail store with hours potentially all over the map?

Thanks for the insight! I'm looking for a job change in the near future so any insider knowledge and advice will be helpful.

User2281

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2015
Background Check

Hello all.

Best wishes to all those who are waiting and congratulations to those who have a confirmed job.

I received and offer phone call today contingent on a background check.

Now...

I have scoured the internet(and I don't mean for like 5 minutes, we're talking days) for information on what is barring and what is not.

I have had experience with Hireright and, to put it as kindly as I can, it is not the most pleasant experience for everyone.

My major concern is does anyone know if a misdemeanor would be barring from employment? I am currently on probation and it will be ending in 6 months. The charge will eventually be expunged.

I know I should probably talk with a labor lawyer officially, which I have, but it was inconclusive because it is based on the company's policy. I was hired at two other big corporations since this happened and just had to give a brief explanation of the situation and tell them how it was a mistake that I will never make again.

That being said, Apple is different. Apple is special. I, and, I'm sure, all of us, love them. Further more, I feel like that one 20 minute mistake I made-which I won't disclose-but it is face-palm-oh-that's-it-no-biggie type of deal to most people these days, will inhibit me from acquiring what I think is the career of a lifetime.

So, I tend to be a bit long winded, but are there any souls out there with any insider info on the related topic?

::deep breath::

YessiIvey

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Hi all,
I've applied on 2 seperate locations on Apple.com on 10/29/2014. I haven't heard anything back from them. Does anyone suggest to apply in more locations? I know what sometimes it takes awhile for some to hear back and others not so much. Any tips? I've done a cover letter, resume, etc.

Thanks in Advance!

Fastapp

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2015
Hello all.

Best wishes to all those who are waiting and congratulations to those who have a confirmed job.

Now...

I have scoured the internet(and I don't mean for like 5 minutes, we're talking days) for information on what is barring and what is not.

I have had experience with Hireright and, to put it as kindly as I can, it is not the most pleasant experience for everyone.

My major concern is does anyone know if a misdemeanor would be barring from employment? I am currently on probation and it will be ending in 6 months. The charge will eventually be expunged.

I know I should probably talk with a labor lawyer officially, which I have, but it was inconclusive because it is based on the company's policy. I was hired at two other big corporations since this happened and just had to give a brief explanation of the situation and tell them how it was a mistake that I will never make again.

That being said, Apple is different. Apple is special. I, and, I'm sure, all of us, love them. Further more, I feel like that one 20 minute mistake I made-which I won't disclose-but it is face-palm-oh-that's-it-no-biggie type of deal to most people these days, will inhibit me from acquiring what I think is the career of a lifetime.

So, I tend to be a bit long winded, but are there any souls out there with any insider info on the related topic?

Hi,
Sorry I can't help with the BGC info, but just out of curiosity (while I wait for an outcome) what was the date of your interview? Mine was on 1/7...just wondering if the length of wait is an indication.
Thanks,
::holding breath turning blue::

Fastapp

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2015
Best of luck

I got my email says they are moving on with another candidate.

Sad but it is what it is :(

Ladybug03

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2015
Hello all.

Now...

I am also worried about that! I have a dismissed charge on my record but never convicted... Hope i get it... Third interview is soon

suzii

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2013
has anyone recently applied for the chat position and received an email back?

I currently work for Apple but am trying to get my fiancé a job heh...:) I remember I received an email after applying pretty quickly! But that was 2 years ago...

I wonder if he should re-apply again.

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
I was just hired through Kelly Services for the AppleCare job and start the Feb. 2 training class. Is anyone else starting then too? Will this job help me get my foot in the door with Apple has a direct hire? Also, will I get some of the same perks as a direct employee of Apple or no due to me being through Kelly Services? Thanks for any replies.

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
I was just hired through Kelly Services for the AppleCare job and start the Feb. 2 training class. Is anyone else starting then too? Will this job help me get my foot in the door with Apple has a direct hire? Also, will I get some of the same perks as a direct employee of Apple or no due to me being through Kelly Services? Thanks for any replies.

Congrats!!! I'll be in the February 2nd class too. I'm not sure on how the benefits are different. Have you received your equipment already?

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
Congrats!!! I'll be in the February 2nd class too. I'm not sure on how the benefits are different. Have you received your equipment already?

No not yet. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time but I think I'll be okay since I knew quite a bit iOS. Are you a direct hire through Apple or going through Kelly Services as well? Congrats on making the team!

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
No not yet. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time but I think I'll be okay since I knew quite a bit iOS. Are you a direct hire through Apple or going through Kelly Services as well? Congrats on making the team!

Same here. I am excited about training. And finding out what benefits are. I was hired through Apple. I don't think benefits differ, or the only ones that may, might be healthcare. Employee discounts etc may be the same. Thank you!! You as well. Our equipment should be here next week. Woo-hoo!!!!

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
Same here. I am excited about training. And finding out what benefits are. I was hired through Apple. I don't think benefits differ, or the only ones that may, might be healthcare. Employee discounts etc may be the same. Thank you!! You as well. Our equipment should be here next week. Woo-hoo!!!!

The only benefit I know of is the $50 they put towards the Internet bill (which I hope I can get)! I was so excited when I got the offer call. Even though I'll get paid less, it's alright. I plan on trying the direct hire in a yr.

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Yep!

The only benefit I know of is the $50 they put towards the Internet bill (which I hope I can get)! I was so excited when I got the offer call. Even though I'll get paid less, it's alright. I plan on trying the direct hire in a yr.

yep, i think it equals like $600/year. Lol, yes this whole experience is amazing. :eek::D It's ok, shoot if that's what your aiming for stay focused on it, and you'll be where your striving to be. Apple is an awesome company to work for. Our start date is coming up fast. I am happy to finally talk to someone who's going to be in the same class. I still need to get me a chair, but they said wait. I guess they'll talk to us about the type of ergonomic things they want us to have. I'm excited. :D:D:D:D

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
yep, i think it equals like $600/year. Lol, yes this whole experience is amazing. :eek::D It's ok, shoot if that's what your aiming for stay focused on it, and you'll be where your striving to be. Apple is an awesome company to work for. Our start date is coming up fast. I am happy to finally talk to someone who's going to be in the same class. I still need to get me a chair, but they said wait. I guess they'll talk to us about the type of ergonomic things they want us to have. I'm excited. :D:D:D:D

I think it'll be real for me when I get the mac. I'm really excited and grateful for this opportunity! Glad to have met someone...hopefully we're on the same team.

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
This may be a silly question but what brand telephone would be best? Of course you have to be able to plug a headset into it. I just don't want to pay a lot for it.

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
Don't know if it'll be a landline phone or a soft phone. Either way, I'd wait. Wait for any purchases - even a desk and chair.

Well I know they're not using softphone right now. Yeah, I think I'll wait until the 2nd when orientation atarts. Thanks!

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Don't know if it'll be a landline phone or a soft phone. Either way, I'd wait. Wait for any purchases - even a desk and chair.

Do they provide chairs at all??? That's something we must get. I thought that we had to have those things before we start. I was going to wait. My money is tight. If I needed to get it. I wanted to go ahead and get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.