Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
Do they provide chairs at all??? That's something we must get. I thought that we had to have those things before we start. I was going to wait. My money is tight. If I needed to get it. I wanted to go ahead and get it.

I don't think so. But I guess in the orientation they'll let us know what kind of desk and chair we'll need

artsychick

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2015
Has anyone had success applying with no on the job technical or IT experience? I have over a decade of customer service experience and because my dad is a retired computer engineer, Ive been able to build a computer since I was 5. I plan on putting this information in my cover letter, since it won't be reflected in my resume. So pretty much I have technical knowledge, but not "on the job" or "certified" knowledge.

Has anyone gotten a call from a recruiter with only strong customer service history?

(this is in reference to the pro position, not college)

the batman

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
Has anyone had success applying with no on the job technical or IT experience? I have over a decade of customer service experience and because my dad is a retired computer engineer, Ive been able to build a computer since I was 5. I plan on putting this information in my cover letter, since it won't be reflected in my resume. So pretty much I have technical knowledge, but not "on the job" or "certified" knowledge.

Has anyone gotten a call from a recruiter with only strong customer service history?

(this is in reference to the pro position, not college)
of course it helps to have that work experience in tech support, but more than anything, it's about customer service and empathy. the rest can be taught.

kilo101

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
Hey guys!

I have my first interview through Hirevue tomorrow. I'm scared to death! Lol.

Just a quick question. Assuming I make it to the background check, does Hireright verify volunteer experience? I had volunteered at an office that no longer exists. I have my manager's phone number but wasn't sure if that was something they would verify at all. Or if I even include it in the paperwork. I just don't want to potentially go through the interviews only to get barred for a contingency.

Good luck to everyone that applied. It took me eight tries, trying since last year, to even get a call.

nyesha

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2015
Hi I am getting ready for my 3rd interview Friday can anyone tell me how it goes and what to expect?

orangestoapples

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2015
Hey guys!

I have my first interview through Hirevue tomorrow. I'm scared to death! Lol.

Just a quick question. Assuming I make it to the background check, does Hireright verify volunteer experience? I had volunteered at an office that no longer exists. I have my manager's phone number but wasn't sure if that was something they would verify at all. Or if I even include it in the paperwork. I just don't want to potentially go through the interviews only to get barred for a contingency.

Good luck to everyone that applied. It took me eight tries, trying since last year, to even get a call.

I was told not to put anything down that I didn't have a W2 or 1099 for.

Hi I am getting ready for my 3rd interview Friday can anyone tell me how it goes and what to expect?

My 3rd interview was awesome, the most relaxed and comfortable I think I've ever felt during an interview. It was more like having a discussion with someone I knew and liked.

I was only asked a few 'personal' questions like why do I want to work for Apple, etc... The rest were all tech related, didn't really do role play just went over how I would handle certain issues. Pretty basic stuff, even if you haven't worked in tech support before and are someone who can t/s your own phone/computer issues you'll be fine. There was a chat component where I had to handle issues and t/s through the chat module.

Good luck!

kilo101

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
I was told not to put anything down that I didn't have a W2 or 1099 for.

Makes a ton of sense. Thank you! I'll make sure to leave it off of the hireright form if I do make it to the BGC phase. :)

My 3rd interview was awesome, the most relaxed and comfortable I think I've ever felt during an interview. It was more like having a discussion with someone I knew and liked.

I was only asked a few 'personal' questions like why do I want to work for Apple, etc... The rest were all tech related, didn't really do role play just went over how I would handle certain issues. Pretty basic stuff, even if you haven't worked in tech support before and are someone who can t/s your own phone/computer issues you'll be fine. There was a chat component where I had to handle issues and t/s through the chat module.

Good luck!

I agree with this. I had mine today and it was very laid back and I think it went well. It was longer than the second, and there were quite a few roleplay bits involved, but nothing "new." It's like the second interview, just longer and more personal.

Good luck everyone!

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Equipment

Congrats to all those moving along in interviews! Has anyone recv their equipment yet that starts Monday? The Feb 2nd class?

BnG9311

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2015
Congrats to all those moving along in interviews! Has anyone recv their equipment yet that starts Monday? The Feb 2nd class?

Hey I'm in the feb 2 orientation. We won't get our equipment until AFTER the orientation. So sometime next week. The training starts on the 6th.

txdk23

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
Hi all,

just got done with my 2nd skype interview.

it lasted about 20 mins. both times interviewers ran late. no big deal.

there was about 5 questions total. 2 of which i answered during the first interview so nothing new. last ones were role play. the main thing for anyone waiting to interview is connect with the customer.

i studied the questions that someone had posted in the beginning of this part 2 threat only to learn i was asked 2 or 3 of the questions. my guess is it depends on work experience.

i originally applied for the graveyard chat position only to learn it is phone support for iOS during the day.

training starts in mid march from what ive been told. anyone else in the same boat.

kilo101

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
Hi all,

there was about 5 questions total. 2 of which i answered during the first interview so nothing new. last ones were role play. the main thing for anyone waiting to interview is connect with the customer.

i studied the questions that someone had posted in the beginning of this part 2 threat only to learn i was asked 2 or 3 of the questions. my guess is it depends on work experience.

i originally applied for the graveyard chat position only to learn it is phone support for iOS during the day.

training starts in mid march from what ive been told. anyone else in the same boat.

Hmm that's strange. I also applied for the Graveyard chat position but all three of the people who spoke to me said it would still be graveyard, with training being 9pm-6am. I believe it starts at the beginning of March for Graveyard.

Seems a few people here are potentially going to the mid-March class. Weird that it switched on you like that though.

txdk23

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
i was honestly hoping for graveyard and most of all chat. but when i spoke with the apple recruiter she said it would be phone support and between 7am-10pm. if it makes any difference im in texas. training is for mid march.

Hakkera2626

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2015
The waiting game

Congrats on everyone making it to and finishing their third interview. I finished mine last Monday, and now it is the waiting game. By far the worse part.

r.michele

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2013
Hi all,

hi there.. I live in Texas and I applied yesterday (w/Kelly Connect) and had my first phone interview this morning. I hope I get the job!

----------

Hi all,

hi there.. I live in Texas and I applied yesterday (w/Kelly Connect) and had my first phone interview this morning. I hope I get the job!:apple:

jonesv8100

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2015
First time poster!
My timeline:
Application 01/08/2015
1st Interview 01/12/2015
2nd interview 01/19/2015
3rd interview 01/26/2015
Job offer TODAY!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!
This is for the graveyard chat position with a March 9th start date. Good luck to everyone and I'll see y'all in class!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.