Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dakis

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2004
dont blame apple its the damn EU man there screwed up as it is.

Switzerland's not in the EU but we have the same mess here. This isn't an EU-thing, it's the European peoples' unwillingness to finally short-circuit their markets.

I swear to god they better put movies and tv shows on the UK store in this store update..

There's a possibility that they'll start selling movies in Europe soon - in the German version of iTunes 7.2 they exchanged the words "music library" with "mediathek" (=media library) all over the program. Seems to be an indicator for a pending launch of other-than music content.

Not that this would concern me - as I live in Switzerland, I'll have to wait until hell freezes over for some decent video content in the iTunes store.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Just a warning for anyone using UNO, iTunes 7.2 reverts the iTunes UI back to its original. However, when I applied UNO again to switch it back, I got a blank iTunes listing. Fortunately this was fixed by re-installing iTunes, but at the moment you can't use UNO to change the UI.

I think UNO needs to be updated to allow for this new release.

kfury77

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
Osaka, Japan
iTunes now officially supports Vista

I noticed the new version is apparently now officially supported by Vista. On the link to download from apple.com/itunes it now lists Vista as a compatible OS. It wasn't listed there yesterday (I know this for sure as I downloaded it for a friends new Vista laptop and noticed it wasn't listed, but now it is).

russell

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2002
Active!

I just activated iTunes plus in Australian store! - Account settings...

Image attached...

iTunesPlus.png

winstano

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2005
7.2 has now wiped out the ability to do the full screen workaround (Setting coverflow to full screen and then activate the visualizer)... Which is annoying. HDTV + Macbook VGA link-up + Stereo needs a decent visualizer in full screen...

Magnetosphere without the workaround looks horrible... Why the hell does iTunes drop the resolution in fullscreen anyway?!

05elstonc

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2006
Miami
I am in the US and I went to download the free single of the week, and was told the song was being modified by apple. we already knew they were going to be updating the store, but this is just another kernal of evidence that they are in the process now and should be up very soon!

russell

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2002
OK, it's crazy, it's like only some songs are on there for iT+.

I just searched for David Crowder band because I know they're EMI and I own them... can't actually find any other bands that show up like that...

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I check out some EMI artists and they still show 99c.

OK, it's crazy, it's like only some songs are on there for iT+.

I just searched for David Crowder band because I know they're EMI and I own them... can't actually find any other bands that show up like that...

I looked them up in the US store (ewww Christian rock :( ) and they were all .99c still.

russell

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2002
Have you activated iTunes Plus in your account?

And also - nothing else shows up, and if I go further, like the page full of their albums, nothing shows up.

I must have hit it at JUST the right time and now it's Cached...

dakis

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2004
Have you activated iTunes Plus in your account?

And also - nothing else shows up, and if I go further, like the page full of their albums, nothing shows up.

I must have hit it at JUST the right time and now it's Cached...

I just looked up Genesis in the Swiss store - you can buy their albums as iTunes Plus versions but the individual songs are still 1.50 (CHF) as they used to be.

onebloodonelife

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
R.E.M.'s ...And I Feel Fine compilation shows as iTunes Plus. I own that one, so I hope I get an upgrade.

EDIT: This is the U.S. store BTW

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,175

russell

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2002
9MB file though... very nice! Only have my laptop speakers at the moment, can't appreciate lovely quality yet :)

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
Looks like they are updating albums first (I'm assuming since less people buy them), then they will work on the individual tracks.

PharmD

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2005
Oregon Coast
I just tried to dl the single of the week and it said it wouldn't let me b/c the "file is being modified". Is Great Northern an EMI band?

Kaiser Phoenix

Cancelled
May 12, 2005
99 cents is way to much for a song....

Can you make a song if I gave you 99 cents???

99 Cents is nothing for a nice piece of music.

Seriously, think about the musicians and producers, how some of them really put their heart into it.

All the expensive instruments, recording locations, all the people involved in making a single song.

Seriously, 99 cents is NOTHING. :apple:

bpd115

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
You're joking, right?

Nope. I have media encoded with handbreak that plays fine in quicktime, plays fine in front row and even plays fine streamed to another computer via front row but when played back in full screen or a break out itunes window, stutters and gets weird graphical glitches.

aLoC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2006
Looks like they are updating albums first (I'm assuming since less people buy them), then they will work on the individual tracks.

Individual tracks are working for me. Trying searching for "Heart and Soul" by T'Pau.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
i get the same for the david chowder watevs in the uk store, but cant find anymore bands with any + songs yet...

So how come I am in the UK store, have iTunes Plus enabled, and cannot see the higher quality tracks? It's nearly 1:30 PM GMT here.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
so to upgrade an entire album to 256k? .30 per song, or discount for upgrading whole album?

The cost of the album, minus whatever you paid for songs on the album. If you bought an album completely for $9.99, and it costs $9.99 without DRM, you pay $9.99 minus $9.99 = 0. If you purchased ten songs for $0.99 each, you pay $9.99 - 10 times $0.99 = 9 cents to upgrade from ten songs with DRM to one complete album without DRM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.