Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Now if they could just address the huge memory leak, likely related to MediaLibraryService but there are signs it's wider than that. After freezing solid in spite of a number of attempted fixes, I'm in the process of downgrading back to El Cap right now.

raymond7

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2016
So what i am wondering, are the graphic issues fixed for late 2016? I dont know because I own a early 2015, but i'm curious if this fixed it for you guys?

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
How on Earth can you brick your mac???? Seriously?!
It's not iPhone or Watch... you can always boot from a USB stick and do some recovery or even do Internet Recovery.

You don't BRICK your Mac - you may screw up the boot loader, mess up the File System, loose some files...
In 10 years I Haven't seen a bricked Mac.... What on Earth are people talking about bricking your Mac????

Unless there is some firmware update which fails....

Someone enlighten me!!! Please!!

Reactions: tICM and g-7

Avenged110

macrumors 6502a
If only we could get the emoji word banned from Macrumors News...
Where's the Safari extension, coders? I don't have the skill set to do it myself, unfortunately.
It's not iPhone or Watch... you can always boot from a USB stick and do some recovery or even do Internet Recovery.

You don't BRICK your Mac - you may screw up the boot loader, mess up the File System, loose some files... In 10 years I Haven't seen a bricked Mac.... What on Earth are people talking about bricking your Mac????
Likely just a catchall term to describe the things you just listed.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
The update completely broke Personal Hotspot for me, can't connect over Wifi, Bluetooth, or USB. Other devices work fine. Now I need to find a way to roll back the update

dilutedq

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Hey MacRumors, you forgot one last feature: Fixes battery life issues on new MacBook Pros by removing the time remaining estimation. Well, it doesn't fix it, but hey at least you won't notice it so easily.

I was eager to update, even perform an install from scratch of 10.12.2, but as a user who checks time remaining pretty often when on battery, I don't know what to do, as they removed it. Now there is no way to tell more or less how much time you have left until your battery dies. This features has saved me a lot of times.

That isn't how they fixed it, and it's still available in activity monitor. It wasn't accurate.

dmnc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015

You don't BRICK your Mac - you may screw up the boot loader, mess up the File System, loose some files...
In 10 years I Haven't seen a bricked Mac.... What on Earth are people talking about bricking your Mac????

People don't know how to solve the simplest problem or don't care about learning how to solve it so in their case the device is "bricked".

zaxxon72

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
In these recent updates, Apple leverages agile frameworks to provide a robust synopsis for high level overviews. Iterative approaches to corporate strategy foster collaborative thinking to further the overall value proposition. By organically growing the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment, they can bring to the table win-win survival strategies to ensure proactive domination. At the end of the day, going forward, a new normal that has evolved from generation X is on the runway heading towards a streamlined cloud solution. User generated content in real-time will have multiple touchpoints for offshoring. That’s the power of emoji.
Hey, I got BINGO after 1.5 Lines! Awesome! ;)

Reactions: tICM

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
In these recent updates, Apple leverages agile frameworks to provide a robust synopsis for high level overviews. Iterative approaches to corporate strategy foster collaborative thinking to further the overall value proposition. By organically growing the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment, they can bring to the table win-win survival strategies to ensure proactive domination. At the end of the day, going forward, a new normal that has evolved from generation X is on the runway heading towards a streamlined cloud solution. User generated content in real-time will have multiple touchpoints for offshoring. That’s the power of emoji.

Thank you Mr. Ive. Nice to see you working on software for a change.

Reactions: Mainyehc

slomtbr

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Mail slows and CPU usage goes to 100% when composing a message. It stared in the last beta for me.

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
My Macbook Pro Late 2011 rebooted twice with the speakers screaming a square wave during installation. Everything looks fine, but I have as nagging feeling it didn't completely install fine.

Klaatu63

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2010
New Jersey

Authentic frontier gibberish.

Brian Clifford

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2016
Apple Releases macOS Sierra 10.12.2 With New Emoji, Fixes for Graphics Issue and SIP Bug

Call me a cynic, but I think the precedence of New Emoji over the fixes for graphics ans SIP Bug in the title is hilarious. :p

Last edited:

faded_glory

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2016
Re USB Audio loss.

Reinstalled Sierra - USB audio device shows up in Sound Output menu. USB Audio device does not show up in that menu on my MacBook, so it's definitely a screw up by Apple. First time it's happened to me.

So if you use USB Audio devices - avoid this update to Sierra till the issue is resolved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.