Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Snapchat is no longer working for me on B7. It's having issues connecting to Snapchat's servers, or something similar. It says that it cannot connect. I've tried Wi-Fi, cellular, restarting the app, the device, and even deleting and re-downloading the app. This makes me sad. I'm sad now.

It's not the beta. It's snapchat. They were having issues today. Was messed up for a few hours, then worked.

flaw600

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2014
Definitely report it since the set of people with proximity automations active is probably a very small subset of the testers. I won’t be getting a new Apple TV until gen 5 is out so no way to test it here.
You can use an iPad

drutnj

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2016
Apple is not going to give up that control - they have shown over time that they will not allow third party apps to function as the default app.
Serious question, how is Apple not worried about this resulting in an antitrust case like Microsoft ala 2001? Anti-competitive and what not.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Serious question, how is Apple not worried about this resulting in an antitrust case like Microsoft ala 2001? Anti-competitive and what not.
Probably because they only do it on their own devices which don't represent a majority in any way. Unlike Microsoft that would do it on any computes that would run Windows (since they licensed it out) that they didn't themselves produce and which had much of the majority of the market share.

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
Help pls.
What happens to navigate via 3rd party apps like waze or tomtom link from maps?

Thanks

Last edited:

JLL

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark

iOS does not have the market share that Windows had.
[doublepost=1471678828][/doublepost]
Also, the date isn't centered below the clock.

View attachment 645650

It's not supposed to be centered but aligned to the left. It's much more to the left on smaller iPads though.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
only rich text in iOS? be prepared for another way in. I think Apple is using the more sceure too strong to oversee the features they can now load up in iOS personally,, but ok... see how this goes if people don't take advantages of rich text in messages, its needed for emotes so ok...I'm just wondering if Apple gives u options for plan text in email, surly they be able to know this is the right thing to do for Messages in iOS...

Just saying.

VSG

Contributor
Aug 9, 2014
One question:
Is it a but or a feature that the device won't enter stand-by when playing music and having the Music app open and being plugged in a charger?
My screen dims but won't go out.

chrissuth

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2015
One question:
Is it a but or a feature that the device won't enter stand-by when playing music and having the Music app open and being plugged in a charger?
My screen dims but won't go out.

iOS 9 done this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.