Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Why is it so hard to stream and post videos right away? It's 2014. Maybe Apple should start using a dedicated video streaming service.

They used to get it right a couple of times though, especially the last WWDC. I think it is not normal for Apple to have such problems. Something must have gone wrong. I thought with the anticipation and the redirect on the front page, they would make sure that the live stream would be perfect for everyone.

ameeps

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2008
Clearly something went wrong. But assuming they have the raw audio and video (which they do), it should take all of 5 minutes to get it fixed and uploaded.

elcapitan10

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
I hope this gets up at some point tonight. I don't think I can make it through another day at work without getting spoiled.

zen44

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
They used to get it right a couple of times though, especially the last WWDC. I think it is not normal for Apple to have such problems. Something must have gone wrong.

Well I picked the wrong event to start watching an Apple event video without spoilers. Maybe next time I'll just look at Engadget's liveblog like I used too.

Ahti333

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Is anyone watching the youtube video with the spoilers in the title and if so: is it watchable in spite of the chinese commentary / stuttering?

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
They used to get it right a couple of times though, especially the last WWDC. I think it is not normal for Apple to have such problems. Something must have gone wrong. I thought with the anticipation and the redirect on the front page, they would make sure that the live stream would be perfect for everyone.

A lot less people care about WWDC compared to rumored major product launches.

zen44

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
I don't know what's worse. Waiting for the video or the fact that I can't use the internet or watch any news without possible spoilers.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
This is killer. Avoiding social media and pretty much all internet until its up and its getting hard to wait.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I don't know what's worse. Waiting for the video or the fact that I can't use the internet or watch any news without possible spoilers.

lol I turn on my TV and hear "major technological advancements" on NBC, then flip to HBO (they're the first channel that won't have news that popped in my mind)...

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
I feel like the fact that nobody around me is talking about anything makes the announcements minor, whatever they may be. Or they're major-major or they don't care. Regardless, I'm not inviting spoilers :mad:

thewalkman

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2011

Right?! So ****ing annoying and really embarrassing for Apple in my opinion. It's 2014 ffs.

zen44

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
Is anyone watching the youtube video with the spoilers in the title and if so: is it watchable in spite of the chinese commentary / stuttering?

The quality is pretty crap. Also I don't think it starts from the very beginning.

RoryO

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2013

The video is pretty bad, think 1990s dial up, audio seems ok. Chinese dubbing has gone for the bit I'm watching but I'm about an hour in.

Title spoils all announcements.

I'm completely spoiled now so going to watch a bit more (00:24 in the UK now) then maybe watch some bits again tomorrow when the HD is up.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I need to go out soon and am paranoid people will be discussing this, and they probably will. Plus the gym is full of TVs. :mad:

Almost had it spoiled while listening to radio in my car. Life is such a minefield, your paranoia is justified!

Ok guys, they've changed the link of the file. They've added _vod after _sl, as they did for previous event vids ;)

So you should be ok with this link,

http://p.events-delivery.apple.com....ijbadfv09/refs/14oijhbaefvohi9_sl_vod_ref.mov

<3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.