Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
it stopped at 20min for me...
had to restart the video, any tips to fast forward ?

The best I know how to do is load the link into Quicktime, then use command + right arrow to play it at 2x speed until you get back to the right spot. Not ideal (a waste of 10 minutes in your case), but I don't know any other way. surprisingly apple hasn't released the video for on demand viewing

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
I'm repeating again but at the top of the page. DON'T WATCH THE LINKED VIDEO, it's a repeated live stream! Spoilers galore await if you click it. I wish macrumors would have realized that rather than post it. If anyone is interested, here's link to their actual special events and currently only have WWDC 2014 as the headlining video.
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I'm repeating again but at the top of the page. DON'T WATCH THE LINKED VIDEO, it's a repeated live stream! Spoilers galore await if you click it. I wish macrumors would have realized that rather than post it. If anyone is interested, here's link to their actual special events and currently only have WWDC 2014 as the headlining video.

On PC, I just opened iTunes, clicked on file-->open stream, and entered the URL given by MR. It opens from the beginning but there is no way to scrub. So if you close the window, it starts from the beginning. Very annoying.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What is the difference of a repeated live stream and the expected video that would be on that special events page? :confused:

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
This is by far the worst organization done for a media event I've ever seen. Live stream was impossible to watch, video isn't even up 3 hours later...unbelievable.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
On PC, I just opened iTunes, clicked on file-->open stream, and entered the URL given by MR. It opens from the beginning but there is no way to scrub. So if you close the window, it starts from the beginning. Very annoying.

Always gets stuck 5 minutes in for me.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
This is by far the worst organization done for a media event I've ever seen. Live stream was impossible to watch, video isn't even up 3 hours later...unbelievable.

I agree. This has to be their worst live stream. I guess it makes sense why they hardly do them, probably a mistake to do it this time. You think they'd be able to figure it out by now. Yeah, I'm pissed. I don't think it's too much asking a tech company that prides itself on it's cloud offering and has over $135billion in the bank that they still can't put together a proper video stream. Maybe Apple should have bought Twitch. I didn't have a problem watching a dude jump from the edge of earths atmosphere along w/ a few other MILLION people. Seriously, a freak'n 10 year old playing mine craft can do it better.

iRockMan1

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
Nashville, Tn
It stopped 30 minutes in and didn't resume. Now I get "The operation could not be completed" whenever I try to play it via "open location" in Quicktime. :(

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
The live stream was a disaster. I couldn't really watch it. At first we were hearing chinese, then the video stopped working..
Apple should do better.

I would expect by now that Apple posted the full keynote video for offline viewing, but this is still not the case.
I want to watch the keynote in its full glory...

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Apple, give me 10 million and I'll take of of this for you.

Step 1: Go to B&H and buy camcorder
Step 2: Buy computer
Step 3: Connect camcorder to computer
Step 4: Create Google login
Step 5: Login into Youtube and start live event
Step 6: End live viewing once event is done.

Best part, a recording automatically is created for you right after the event. I really should go into the streaming biz.

Manderby

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
9. September 2014: The day Apple killed of Spoiler-Freeness.

I think I know pretty much everything of the event just because I was waiting for it. And I have not even seen half of it.

JP3G1

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
Waiting..

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2014-09-09 à 19.19.07.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-09-09 à 19.19.07.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 66

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Screw it! I give up! Just gonna wait until Apple posts the vid and not this useless streaming crap.

Good luck with getting the stream to work guys!

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
Is this working for anyone at all? Does anyone have any other solutions to view the stream unspoiled?

RoryO

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2013
Spoilers on main article page as well.

Beware of returning to the main MacRumors article for this forum topic as well, I just went there looking for updates and got spoiled by some links at the bottom of the page. So if you go there use a small browser window so you don't see the bottom of the page.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Well this is frustrating. Just got home from work, was expecting to sit back and relax and watch this thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.