Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gltch486

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
Lawrenceville, GA
5 + 4 = 9?

Let's face the cold hard truth here, between the speculations, rumors, and the AT&T Memo floating around blacking out vacation time - it all adds up that the iPhone ISN'T coming out on the 9th. Pre-order, maybe; but in stores ready for sale - not happening. The 3G iPhone will hit the stores either June 20th or 27th. I don't see Apple kicking off a new product on Friday the 13th - especially one with so much hype built up around it.

I don't think Steve woke up and said "Let's watch the forums and bloggers go nuts." Doesn't fit his style in my opinion. More than likely they're working on a commercial for the iPhone or the new MacBook's and MacBook Pro's (as they have been rumored for redesign - though it does seem too early).

As someone stated earlier, they could be working on a clip for Steve to play at WWDC - this seems logical, but rather suspicious as to why they're doing it now, kinda late in the process.

:apple:

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
is it me, or does apple not actually own the sidewalk? if not, id tell them to let me by, its tax payer owned. :)

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
As someone stated earlier, they could be working on a clip for Steve to play at WWDC - this seems logical, but rather suspicious as to why they're doing it now, kinda late in the process.

That would be me (patting self on back) ... LOL

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
is it me, or does apple not actually own the sidewalk? if not, id tell them to let me by, its tax payer owned. :)

I'm certain the production crew got a permit from the city, and PAID nicely for it, which allows them to close off the sidewalk during the shoot, around the area they are filming. It happens all the time. The city controls the sidewalks and will gladly give them up to someone willing to pay for them.

w0ngbr4d

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
Findlay, OH
With all the taller buildings around, someone with access to a high vantage point and a decent camera should be able to get some decent pictures of what's going on.

Apple employees can't stop that.

themiracle

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
I think we should all focus on the 5+4 you guys. There is always mini clues about certain products. Woz used to pull that stuff all the time. You get the real truth of 5+4 and you go from there. I remeber earlier seeing a post about something relating a 9 to looking like a g. C'mon peeps, who knows, it might be something worthwhile. :apple::cool::p
5+4=9 WWDC is on the 9th of june? Perhaps it simply means what is in the box is unknown to anyone until the ninth. I highly doubt that it means 39 and 9 looks like a g, that is pushing it.

The unknown till June 9th thing seems likely. There's also a 3 between 5 and 4. Who knows..

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
Let's face the cold hard truth here, between the speculations, rumors, and the AT&T Memo floating around blacking out vacation time - it all adds up that the iPhone ISN'T coming out on the 9th. Pre-order, maybe; but in stores ready for sale - not happening. The 3G iPhone will hit the stores either June 20th or 27th. I don't see Apple kicking off a new product on Friday the 13th - especially one with so much hype built up around it.

:apple:

I agree that the 3G iPhone probably won't be released for purchase on the 9th. But, I do think it will hit the stores by the week after (16th). Remember the AT&T employee block outs?

AT&T Blocking Out June

Adisah

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Hey guys! I am terribly sorry for the website, obviously the news spread across the internet, and our servers have taken a hard beating. We intend on being back as soon as possible, however the liveblogging may be over at that point. Thanks to all who visited, sorry we couldn't stay up through the whole event!

That'd be cool if y'all updated via twitter. Anywas, thanks for all the info. and the effort.

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2003
NH
OMG! 9!

"Steve Jobs" is nine characters!!! :eek: and 5 + 4! Its him in the cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.