Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.:R2theT

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
VR6
iPodMaxi!

Or maybe MaxiPod.

Either way it doesn't exist.

But when it does it will be called whatever the f*ck Steve wants to call it!

zarusoba

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
Neither tablet nor slate

It's not going to be called "tablet" or "slate" either. Both words evoke the Stone Age, and tablet evokes drug use.

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
Hmmm....

I just realized that were this new product to be called "MacTab" it would be almost the same as the Arabic noun مكتبة 'maktab' library. I wonder if this just coincidence.:confused:

AppleTools

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2009
As much as I like the iPad name, Apple won't use that term because it's confusing with the iPod, specially on printed advertising where people may get confused with both words...

TabletMac reduces the target market to Mac users since anyone will automatically link the word "Mac" with a Mac computer and not to a brand new type of device as everybody says it will be...

iTablet sounds cool but again, is a little long...

I personally think that iTab would be a nice name for such a device but it's already in use by a company that makes a guitar tab program so they probably hold the rights for it.

In any case, when the first iPod came out I didn't really liked the name, now the term is universal so whatever name they choose for that device will become the standard.

Let's hope to see that soon next year.

pavvento

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
With the lack of success that tablets have had, I don't think that Apple will use the word tablet in this product. I also think that the word pad might sound a little like the ideapads that Lenovo has. Just a thought, but Apple will probably do something a little different.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
After reading through the thread, I agree with people saying the name "iPad" sounds like a sanitary pad. :p

I like the name iTablet or maybe reverse the TabletMac into MacTablet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.