Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stroked

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Wow. What an ignorant statement.

Comparing the feature changes of OS X 10.X upgrades to what are essentially bundled compilations of previous security updates is ludicrous.

Spoken like a true fan boy.

srminton

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2008
Wow. What an ignorant statement.

Comparing the feature changes of OS X 10.X upgrades to what are essentially bundled compilations of previous security updates is ludicrous.

Be gentle with the MSFT devotees. This hasn't been a good week for them. Mavericks makes Windows 8 look like it was designed by someone who assumes the whole world will be using it on a Surface tablet; and on top of that they just realised that the new Surface itself looks like a boat anchor next to the new iPad. Not to mention, they were really really really hoping that Apple would start selling a keyboard cover so they could say that MSFT did something first, for once. ;)

alvindarkness

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2009
Actually, it was an ignorant statement. And it pisses me off when people are allowed to make ignorant statements that perpetuate untruth and don't get called out on it.

Oh I agree. But maybe Im just too giddy at the moment with the great announcements, that I thought it was hilarious never the less (for the troll attempt it is). Like the other guy said, theres always one.

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
My question: The keynote says that "If you're back on Snow Leopard (10.6), it's free".

My old school iMac, 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR 2 sdram, running Lion (10.7) could not handle Mountain Lion. It would not even allow me to download it. An older machine running Snow Leopard would CERTAINLY not be able to run Mountain Lion.

What is the point of saying you could upgrade from Snow Leopard for free, if those machines are not powerful enough to run Mavericks? UNLESS, Mavericks can run on the older machines that Mountain Lion could not run on...

Any thoughts?

its a lighter software that will work better anwyays but i think the point is that previously you needed the mac app store to update to newer revisions, they are saying that 10.6 is the minimum (the first with mac app store i think)

Amenic

macrumors member
May 16, 2010
Italy
Nice!

In OS X Mavericks, launch the Mac App Store and go to Purchases.

If Pages, Numbers and Keynote are in your Purchases list, click Accept to install your software.

If Pages, Numbers and Keynote are not in your Purchases list, apply for the Up‑To‑Date Program.

If you purchased your Mac on or after October 22, 2013, please submit your Up‑to‑Date request within 30 days of the date you purchased your Mac to qualify for the Up‑To‑Date Program.

Customers who purchased their Mac between October 1, 2013, and October 21, 2013, have until November 21, 2013, to apply for the Up‑To‑Date Program.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
A Apple software for free?:eek: Now that is shocking.

Now the important question, is it safe to upgrade it or are there glitches?

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
dear everyone,

it is not available yet! relax, give them an hour!

love,

someone that already has GM :D

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I was hoping for an iOS update today to coincide with the release of Mavericks. It would be nice to have the travel time feature in Mavericks' Calendar in the iOS Calendar.

thormarketing

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
No you guys don't understand, GRRGHRrhrkehr (gurgling noises) ... need.. it.... neeed to tag all my files... before.. it's too late...

just1ed

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
My question: The keynote says that "If you're back on Snow Leopard (10.6), it's free".

My old school iMac, 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR 2 sdram, running Lion (10.7) could not handle Mountain Lion. It would not even allow me to download it. An older machine running Snow Leopard would CERTAINLY not be able to run Mountain Lion.

What is the point of saying you could upgrade from Snow Leopard for free, if those machines are not powerful enough to run Mavericks? UNLESS, Mavericks can run on the older machines that Mountain Lion could not run on...

Any thoughts?

My Macbook Pro mid 2010 came with Snow Leopard. It is now running Mountain Lion well. My friend's iMac with 4GB 667MHz DDR 2 Ram runs ML well too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.