Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
What law was broken?

Not a law, but their policy which clearly stated 'First come First serve' and yep shipped out Iphone 6/+ to customers who ordered hours later. It's ********.

Apple, Verizon, and Sprint had no issue shipping their Iphones in the order it was received. ATT is the only provider that has managed to screw over their customers like this while keeping their mouth shut the whole time.

sunbuffett

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2013
A friend of mine posted a pic of her Space Gray 6+ 64GB from Sprint... She ordered at 8:30 am ET on 9/12 and received it this morning at about 10am.

My ATT 6+ 16GB still showing 10/2 delivery (ordered at 3:10am ET from ATT website (also Premier customer). Only a few hours left for delivery today so I guess we will see if it comes...:confused:

Switching career next year.

Opsknight

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Not a law, but their policy which clearly stated 'First come First serve' and yep shipped out Iphone 6/+ to customers who ordered hours later. It's ********.

Apple, Verizon, and Sprint had no issue shipping their Iphones in the order it was received. ATT is the only provider that has managed to screw over their customers like this while keeping their mouth shut the whole time.

Agreed it's no good. But a law or statute would need to have been broken. There may be some states that have laws in place addressing this, but I doubt many do. There really is no recourse for a customer here other than to speak with your wallet. Doesn't make it any less suck though.

nkl811

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Also emailed the CEO yesterday. Assistant named Laura returned my call. She just apologized and admitted Premier is screwed up.

She claims that there was a glitch in the system with Premier that got people out of the order they placed orders. I told her this is the 2nd time I have had my order screwed up by Premier. 2 years ago IPHONE 5 launch I was in backorder hell forever. Both times I placed my order as soon as the site opened. This time 12 minutes early. She basically said Premier's system is messed up and they need to upgrade it and haven't. Said there is nothing she can do for me but cancel my order, and I need to go through the appropriate channels with my concerns. I told her I tried and after waiting an hour and talking to an idiot, was told a supervisor would call back and it never happened. She just apologized again, and suggested next time to wait a month to order a phone when they had them in stock. :mad:

Last edited:

skiii024

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Orange County, California here. Ordered on Premier at 11:59pm and still nothing but a 10/2 and preparing to ship. I haven't seen anyone from Cali and premier with an actual tracking number yet. I still have about 10-15% hope it shows up without a tracking number but it's looking dreary

Same here man...it's crazy. I called a local AT&T store to see if they had any 6+'s, she said no at&t stores have them, i needed to preorder! ahahah:rolleyes:

McDLT

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
wow i can't believe these october dates i got are actually going to be true. what a drag.

Opsknight

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Also emailed the CEO yesterday. Assistant named Laura returned my call. She just apologized and admitted Premier is screwed up.

She claims that there was a glitch in the system with Premier that got people out of the order they placed orders. I told her this is the 2nd time I have had my order screwed up by Premier. 2 years ago IPHONE 5 launch I was in backorder hell forever. Both times I placed my order as soon as the site opened. This time 12 minutes early. She basically said Premier's system is messed up and they need to upgrade it and haven't. Said there is nothing she can do for me but cancel my order, and I need to go through the appropriate channels with my concerns. I told her I tried and after waiting an hour and talking to an idiot, was told a supervisor would call back and it never happened. She just apologized again, and suggested next time to wait a month to order a phone when they had them in stock. :mad:

They just want people to go away at this point.

HedgeKnight84

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I wonder if since my text message confirming that my order was processed didn't arrive until 9 AM Saturday the 13th, could that be when I'm officially considered in the system as opposed to when I actually ordered at 3:15-3:20 AM on the 12th?

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Agreed it's no good. But a law or statute would need to have been broken. There may be some states that have laws in place addressing this, but I doubt many do. There really is no recourse for a customer here other than to speak with your wallet. Doesn't make it any less suck though.

You make an excellent point. I know there was no 'law' broken, but as a customer, we can't just let ATT get away with like this. There has to be something we can do as collective customers to hold them accountable and make it hurt so they won't make this mistake ever again.

I really want to make it hurt for them.

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I am a little confused about the sarcasm here.....why would a consumer like you and me even place a preorder at a specific time when it is suposed to be "first come first served" not get mad when our expectations aren't met when we see other people getting phones that ordered after us...?

That is exactly what killed me. It would not have been so bad if they didn't ship out orders for people who ordered hours after us, but they did. It's absolutely garbage that the most loyal/hardcore customers get the shaft and all they can tell us is 'You can cancel your order'. **** you ATT

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
You make an excellent point. I know there was no 'law' broken, but as a customer, we can't just let ATT get away with like this. There has to be something we can do as collective customers to hold them accountable and make it hurt so they won't make this mistake ever again.

I really want to make it hurt for them.

There is.

Cut them off from your wallet.

Problem solved.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
That is exactly what killed me. It would not have been so bad if they didn't ship out orders for people who ordered hours after us, but they did. It's absolutely garbage that the most loyal/hardcore customers get the shaft and all they can tell us is 'You can cancel your order'. **** you ATT

The icing on the cake is that AT&T is still taking orders.

primalman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
at the end of the hall
I have been following the ordering on here for a few days and form what i can see if it ships from TX its always been through UPS. If a shipment came from Tenn it was shipped via Fed Ex.

My assumption is the distribution faciity in TX is near a UPS hub, and the one in Tenn is near a FEDEX hub.

Not true. My 6 64gb is coming from TX and is on fedex. There is a major fedex sort in or near Fort Worth.

bwcw

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
MyATT order status shows "Preparing to Ship" and the website that my email confirmation shows says "Preorder Processing". Both show the November Ship Dates. What gives?

IPhone 6+ 128 GB Gold ordered 9/1214 afternoon

snapyjohn

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
reply from ATT

Mr. Martin:

I am in receipt this afternoon of your communication to Chairman Stephenson and will be investigating to see if your order was hampered, delayed or processed incorrectly.

You can expect a call from me after my investigation is complete.

I can be reached at this email address or my office number is listed below.

Best regards,

Tom Roswick
Manager, Executive Response

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2008
Has anyone considered filing a class action lawsuit? Before the crazies come out and say "seriously? Over a phone???" Let's consider this... If there ARE people getting shipments today from ATT who pre-ordered later than most people on this board, all we need is proof... We need the pictures of the tracking numbers and the people who received them to participate. ATT clearly stated in the e-mail to everyone that the pre-orders were first come first serve. There were no "IF'S, AND's, or BUT's" about it, it's clearly stated. To deny those who stayed up till 3am their orders because of processing errors, shipping distance, or the like is a violation of the very thing ATT promised upon all of us re-upping our contracts. It said first come first serve...

I for one was fine with the shipping dates being 10/2-10/13 where mine now stands, however I feel lied to... I feel like ATT has taken my trust in them and turned it into a game! Some have said a lottery as to who gets a phone and who doesn't! That's just not right, and it seems like there are a lot of frustrated people on here! If Sprint, Verizon, and Apple are fulfilling their pre-orders according to queue why isn't ATT?

I want to end this by saying I am not a lawyer... If I was you bet I'd be all over this on my own. If someone is, or someone knows of someone, it might be worth looking into! I think most of us here agree that we have something! We might have a case against the ordering and shipment process that is ATT. There are no excuses... I am among those willing to only order directly from Apple in the future... ATT has violated my trust in their ability to handle this pre-order situation...

Iphone 6-Plus 64gb SG/Ordered 3:30-4am EST/preparing to ship (ATT) & order processing (Premier)

What are your damages?

Opsknight

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
MyATT order status shows "Preparing to Ship" and the website that my email confirmation shows says "Preorder Processing". Both show the November Ship Dates. What gives?

IPhone 6+ 128 GB Gold ordered 9/1214 afternoon

Yep. You can get that same date if you go online and order now. Nice eh?

AKAMRAH3

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
I don't give a ******* if I receive an iPhone today what I care about is that AT&T should at least have the courtesy tell us when is it going to ship our iPhone's so we don't go online every five minutes to refresh our status or bank account for any updates, it's pissing me off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.