Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I was told to call apple... heh

I have a feeling this is going to have to get more notice (hopefully it's more widespread than just a handful of macrumors users) before the right people take action.

Obviously a low level support tech at ATT is going to say call apple.

bendrumin

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
I have a feeling this is going to have to get more notice (hopefully it's more widespread than just a handful of macrumors users) before the right people take action.

Obviously a low level support tech at ATT is going to say call apple.
The main issue I think is that everytime I reply to their "tech support" i get someone else replying.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Typical AT&T support, here's a response I got from Twitter via Msg Chat:

I have no problem with downloading apps from the Apple App Store on LTE . Let's start by power-cycling your device. Can I call you on the wireless number?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Typical AT&T support, here's a response I got from Twitter via Msg Chat:

I have no problem with downloading apps from the Apple App Store on LTE . Let's start by power-cycling your device. Can I call you on the wireless number?
giphy.gif

air-force

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2011
Indiana
I'm on ATT and live in central Indiana and have been experiencing the same problems with Apple music starting a song then hanging there or showing its playing when its not or not playing at all. Tried downloading an app, to slow and gave up. I'm on a family share plan. I traveled to Wisconsin last weekend and had the same problem all the way there and all the way back. Might have to dump Apple music and go back to Spotify, it seems to work. Very frustrating!

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I'm on ATT and live in central Indiana and have been experiencing the same problems with Apple music starting a song then hanging there or showing its playing when its not or not playing at all. Tried downloading an app, to slow and gave up. I'm on a family share plan. I traveled to Wisconsin last weekend and had the same problem all the way there and all the way back. Might have to dump Apple music and go back to Spotify, it seems to work. Very frustrating!
I'm in Florida, so this doesn't seem localized.

Reactions: Garmystrong

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I'm surprised that more folks aren't chiming in.... if we are a small subset of ATT iPhone users, what else do we have in common that could be causing this? OP's comments about the VPN solving this, still seem to point towards something on ATT's end. But then why aren't more people experiencing this???

angle

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Michigan
Noticed this issue on my way home from work. Couple of apps needed updating and they took FOREVER. Basically didn't finish until I was home and on my wifi. I'm running an iPhone 6s w/ iOS 9.0.1.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Having the same issue with App Store downloads and Apple Music. iPhone 6s Plus on AT&T.

Sucks because I've been having to cache my music on my phone, and I have 20GB to blow through.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Just got off the phone with AT&T's Advance Tech Support line (if that's even a thing) and they told me they've received a lot of calls in regards to this issue. Their explanation? It's iOS 9/9.0.1 related and stated that Apple will fix this in 9.0.2 - who knows if that's true but let's hope it is.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Just got off the phone with AT&T's Advance Tech Support line (if that's even a thing) and they told me they've received a lot of calls in regards to this issue. Their explanation? It's iOS 9/9.0.1 related and stated that Apple will fix this in 9.0.2 - who knows if that's true but let's hope it is.

They always blame the other company. Why would an iOS issue be carrier specific?

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
They always blame the other company. Why would an iOS issue be carrier specific?

No idea, only option now is to wait till iOS 9.0.2 to see if this is really a iOS issue which I highly doubt but you never know.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
No idea, only option now is to wait till iOS 9.0.2 to see if this is really a iOS issue which I highly doubt but you never know.

Could of sworn I saw a couple of people running the iOS 9.1 beta 2 and still having this issue.

Also, we all ran the iOS 9 betas for months and, from what I can see, this issue was not prevalent. Seemed to come up when the new phones hit, which iOS 9.0.1 falls kind of in line with that. So maybe it is a 9.0.1 issue? Anyone still running 9.0.0 that can confirm?

ILJ2727

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2015
Orlando FL, same issue.
iPhone 6S+ ATT LTE
App store and apple music real slow.
There's other iPhones (various iOS's) in the house, I'll test and report back.

**Update**
AT&T LTE App Install Ookla Internet Speed Test App Mobile
iOS 9 iPhone 6s slow +2mins
iOS 9 iPhone 6 slow +2mins
iOS 9.0.1 iPhone 6s+ slow +3mins

Internet Speed Test AT&T LTE
Down 3.81Mbps Up 2.5Mbps ping 50ms

Last edited:

sdlevi27

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
I'm on iOS 9.1b2 and I'm experiencing the same issue with AT&T in North Carolina. If it's in fact an iOS issue the fix has not yet been released into either general or beta releases.

Anyone still on iOS 8 and AT&T experiencing the issue?

Until then, everyone should tweet @ATTCares to get some attention.

blizaine

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
One of my devices is a iPad 2 w/ 8.4.1 and it seems to have the issue as well on att.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Having the same issue. Thought it might be just Apple Music as Spotify is working fine. AT&T in south Florida iPhone 6S+

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Getting terrible speeds as well..wtf is going on? South Florida area, on a mobile share plan with tons of data left so no throttling.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 150

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Getting terrible speeds as well..wtf is going on? South Florida area, on a mobile share plan with tons of data left so no throttling.
Just to be clear, it's not a speed issue for me. I get decent LTE speeds (29 down 13 up) and everything works fine EXCEPT for Apple Music and App Store downloads (perhaps other iCloud services, not sure what to test).

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I
Just to be clear, it's not a speed issue for me. I get decent LTE speeds (29 down 13 up) and everything works fine EXCEPT for Apple Music and App Store downloads (perhaps other iCloud services, not sure what to test).
Yup..just confirmed with my brother who lives in S Florida as well..he was getting 14/6 on ATT. Having the same issues. Can't play Apple Music or download apps

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.