Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I chatted online with apple support. The guy actually read this thread and said he would escalate the issue. He also wanted me to downgrade from the public beta to 9.0.1 to make sure that wasn't the issue, although he did acknowledge that users on this thread were reporting it on 9.0.1. I'll go ahead and play along, just to make sure the issue is escalated.

Reactions: Statusnone88

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I chatted online with apple support. The guy actually read this thread and said he would escalate the issue. He also wanted me to downgrade from the public beta to 9.0.1 to make sure that wasn't the issue, although he did acknowledge that users on this thread were reporting it on 9.0.1. I'll go ahead and play along, just to make sure the issue is escalated.

I hope they read it because I specifically provided the link to this thread to them as proof.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Still no change. Just tried to update a 32.8mb app and it took 1:08:65. It's like I'm on dial-up! Though my 6s is showing LTE and good signal strenght. I'll say I haven't had the same issues with Apple Music as others are reporting. But, even still. LTE should suck up this app update in half the time.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the apple music issue only occurs when I am streaming music that isn't on my phone. I noticed this morning that if the radio is playing a song I have locally, it plays smoothly, but if its something else it plays for 10-15 seconds then pauses for 30-45 seconds and repeats that cycle (more or less). And when I tried to play music from my library that I have in itunes match, but not on my device, it takes forever to download.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
FWIW the last response I got from @ATTcares: "It looks like Apple is having issues, it is not just with us, and not just LTE. I am seeing reports of it not working online from the PC and other carriers. I am still researching a solution, I apologies for inconvenience. ^ManuelE"

Why they hire people to represent them that can't type proper English is beyond me.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Same thing here in Greenville, SC. iPhone 6s 9.0.1, Apple Music and App Store are unusable on AT&T LTE. I'm on the 15GB MobleShare and have 8GB remaining.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
FWIW the last response I got from @ATTcares: "It looks like Apple is having issues, it is not just with us, and not just LTE. I am seeing reports of it not working online from the PC and other carriers. I am still researching a solution, I apologies for inconvenience. ^ManuelE"

Why they hire people to represent them that can't type proper English is beyond me.

You can say the same about every other major company out there, especially ***** Comcast/Xfinity.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
I am having the same issues. 6s+ with 9.1PB2. I thought it was a SIM issue and called AT&T. I'm 40min outside of Chicago.

Last edited:

alitek12

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
AT&T in Tampa, FL been having the issue with Apple Music for weeks, and downloading through the App Store for a few days. Tweeted @ATTCares and got a response asking for my location, gave them that and two links with posts, this one and one on apple support, that users are having the problem nationwide. Have yet to hear back.

snsking

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2013
I thought I was the only one with this problem!!!! It would usually take a few minutes to a few seconds to update apps, now it's impossible to update over LTE because it's just so slow. Same thing with Apple Music. I actually had to stop using it, it got to the point where I had to wait minutes for one song to load. Yet, youtube loads instantly

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I updated to 9.0.2 and now I have no service where I'm at. Had service right before I updated. Starting to get really pissed at Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.