Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
bimd2.jpg

Reactions: VirtuallyInsane

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
My modest collection is:

iPod Mini - 2nd Gen - 5 GB - Silver
iPod Classic - 5.5th Gen - 80 GB - White
iPod Nano - 3rd Gen - 8 GB - Black

Also own an iPhone 3GS - 32 GB white and iPhone 5 - 64 GB Black

glittersparkles

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
London
Umm we've got quite a few in my house..

iPod Classic 6th Gen 120gb Silver
iPod Mini 2nd Gen 4gb Pink
iPod Nano 3rd Gen 8gb Blue
iPod Nano 4th Gen 16gb Pink
iPod Nano 5th Gen 8gb Pink
iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb Silver (replacement programme)
iPod Shuffle 4th Gen 2gb Green

We've also had an iPod Nano 1st Gen 2gb Black, iPod Nano 2nd Gen 4gb Pink, iPod Nano 3rd Gen 8gb Pink, iPod Nano 4th Gen 8gb Purple.

We've got an iPhone 4 8gb Black, iPhone 4 16gb White, iPhone 4S 16gb Black, iPad 4G +WiFi 4th Gen 16gb White and an iPad mini 16gb Wifi only White.

wow, looking at it like that, that is a lot...

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
Wow. Been a long time since I last see this thread. What a growing collection you guys grow. Very good job.

I am currently overseas for some business doings, and will be back in a month. I will try to blend in and update my collections. My last update was back in October 2010.

Keep up the good collection!!!

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Wow. Been a long time since I last see this thread. What a growing collection you guys grow. Very good job.

I am currently overseas for some business doings, and will be back in a month. I will try to blend in and update my collections. My last update was back in October 2010.

Keep up the good collection!!!

Very nice, you do that! This thread needs pictures :D

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
This is too frustrating!!!
I've been looking everywhere to no avail.
Has anyone seen a 1st and/or 2nd Gen iPod Classic Fully boxed in good condition online for a reasonable price?

Please let me know...
I'm in desperate need for one.
And before anyone says; eBay, I've looked. If ou've found a specific link, please PM me.

Thanks

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
This is too frustrating!!!
I've been looking everywhere to no avail.
Has anyone seen a 1st and/or 2nd Gen iPod Classic Fully boxed in good condition online for a reasonable price?

Please let me know...
I'm in desperate need for one.
And before anyone says; eBay, I've looked. If ou've found a specific link, please PM me.

Thanks

What is a reasonable price?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
No. Ideally sealed, but its not likely to be easily found for a price like that, so open but in very good condition with accessories.

Search iPod classic first gen on eBay. There are a couple on there with box and accessories. Not sure what your requirement is for "very good condition". They seem ok to me but you decide. Some are in the UK too.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i'm on the hunt for an iPod Nano 5th gen Product Red. luckily they are still on eBay, but they command a pretty penny. despite being a 3 year old product they are selling for ~$100

auzzuro

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
hi guys i dont mean to be rude.. i was thinking of collecting Google nexus 7 tablet... do u guys see a value of it after few years,,,

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
hi guys i dont mean to be rude.. i was thinking of collecting Google nexus 7 tablet... do u guys see a value of it after few years,,,

Your not rude ;-)
I'm not sure about the nexus. To some this might be of interest, but I do not think its the same hype as with apple stuff. And you should collect because you like the product, not as an investment. If you want to invest your money, buy art, gold or real estate instead...

tomtanojevic

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2013
melbourne
my ipod collection

iphone 3gs black 8gb
ipod touch white 4g 8gb
ipod touch 2g 8gb
ipod nano white 1g 2gb
ipod nano black 1g 2gb
ipod nano silver(black case) 2g 4gb
ipod nano silver 3g 4gb
ipod nano blue 4g 8gb
ipod mini pink 1st gen 4gb
ipod mini green 2g 4gb
ipod mini blue 2g 6gb
ipod shuffle 2g 2gb

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 139

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
iphone 3gs black 8gb
ipod touch white 4g 8gb
ipod touch 2g 8gb
ipod nano white 1g 2gb
ipod nano black 1g 2gb
ipod nano silver(black case) 2g 4gb
ipod nano silver 3g 4gb
ipod nano blue 4g 8gb
ipod mini pink 1st gen 4gb
ipod mini green 2g 4gb
ipod mini blue 2g 6gb
ipod shuffle 2g 2gb

Nice collection! Good to see you keep the two first gen nano! Many send them in for replacement! ;)

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Fake iPod

I think its time for some more pictures ;)

I came across this display purpose third gen iPod! Its exactly as the real one, except it doesn't work. Am I the only nerd to have non working iPods in my collection?

dummy1.jpg
dummy2.jpg

Last edited:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i'm not a fan of the newer Nano so i went onto eBay and bought a 4th gen Nano in Product Red (the bright red, not the darker annodized aluminum red found on the 5th gen Nano). i got it for $68 and it's in MINT condition. it has the click wheel which IMO is better than the touch screen during one handed operation.

it also utilizes the 30 pin connector which means it works with all of my accessories, docks, and cables etc.

i used to have a 4th gen Nano a while back and i loved it so much that i ended up buying this one instead of a 7th gen. call me odd, but i think the 4th/5th gen Nanos were the best. nothing like watching that nano-chromatic unveiling by Steve Jobs and being WOW'd by the insane # of colors. i miss the little surprises from those presentations. the slideshows seem dull now

mayuka

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2009
I came across this display purpose third gen iPod! Its exactly as the real one, except it doesn't work. Am I the only nerd to have non working iPods in my collection?

No. I have repaired some iPods 4th gen... I should make some photos...

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
i'm not a fan of the newer Nano so i went onto eBay and bought a 4th gen Nano in Product Red (the bright red, not the darker annodized aluminum red found on the 5th gen Nano). i got it for $68 and it's in MINT condition. it has the click wheel which IMO is better than the touch screen during one handed operation.

Nice to see you finally found one :)

i used to have a 4th gen Nano a while back and i loved it so much that i ended up buying this one instead of a 7th gen. call me odd, but i think the 4th/5th gen Nanos were the best. nothing like watching that nano-chromatic unveiling by Steve Jobs and being WOW'd by the insane # of colors. i miss the little surprises from those presentations. the slideshows seem dull now

I agree with you completely!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.