Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
Here are some pics of my current setup...I freakin hate this apartment, and I'm glad the lease is up in 3 weeks...too bad I have no where to move when the lease is up :eek:

208569125_ed989178c1_m.jpg
208569051_81ee541984_m.jpg

208569220_acebddf98e_m.jpg

Yep, thats a pc sitting on the floor, only used for gaming and storage, or if I have to do some intense Photoshop work (hate to say it, but is faster than the G4) My PC and powerbook are hooked up to a KVM switch. Makes it really easy if you have to use windows also.

And for the record...the ugly desk/table came with the apartment :D

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
kaboutertje said:
Nice Ikea Desk, is it sturdy enough, or does it vibrate everytime when you are typing? I'm replacing my desk by that one or a white galant.

Yeh its sturdy enough, the little rubber bits keep it all securly on!

One thing that is aggrivating is my housemate finds it funny to tap stuff (like my phone or wallet or watch) to the middle of the glass underneath the glass, which is a pain to get out...!

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Currently: eMac and a 600Mhz G3 iBook. All purchased for about a total of $1000.

I'm going to be a junior in about a week.

I figure all I do is type papers, email, waste time on the 'net, listen to a lot of iTunes and chat. Do I really need anything more?

Seriously, some of the MBPs are practically overkill for undergrad work.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Here's my setup:

_MG_0542.jpg

Kinda hard to see the computer with that 1700" HDTV in the way, but you get the idea :p

No offense, but I don't think a&m is the best in Texas - unless you're getting a degree in meat judging, that is. ;)

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
sixstorm said:
Here's my setup after I got everything unpacked and where I want it. Hope you likes!

209639726_3638c61347.jpg

Dang that's sweet...:D What do you need two screens for in college?:p

BTW, is the iBook handy to bring for class, or is it too big with 14"?

sixstorm

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2006
Nashville, TN
Josias said:
Dang that's sweet...:D What do you need two screens for in college?:p

BTW, is the iBook handy to bring for class, or is it too big with 14"?

The dual screen helps for when you have Safari up, 5+ IMs, 1 video chat window from Skype (iChat just doesn't work with Video), maybe 1 Quicktime Movie, iCal, iTunes and not to mention free space for some widgets. It comes in handy! Also, when I want to, I can turn "mirroring" on and watch movies and DVDs from my bed right behind my desk.

The iBook is great in the classroom, although I really should have bought the 12" Powerbook :(. Oh well, the iBook has treated me very well within 2 semesters; it really helps with college, I can't think of another laptop that is more useful for college students.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
sixstorm said:
The dual screen helps for when you have Safari up, 5+ IMs, 1 video chat window from Skype (iChat just doesn't work with Video), maybe 1 Quicktime Movie, iCal, iTunes and not to mention free space for some widgets. It comes in handy! Also, when I want to, I can turn "mirroring" on and watch movies and DVDs from my bed right behind my desk.

The iBook is great in the classroom, although I really should have bought the 12" Powerbook :(. Oh well, the iBook has treated me very well within 2 semesters; it really helps with college, I can't think of another laptop that is more useful for college students.

Oh, I just usually can't multitask like that. I click out at 7 IM's, then there is no room for QT, iCal, Safari or Widgets. Perhaps iTunes and a video conversation over MSN, but no more.

You can't think of any better? What if I say Macbook?:D

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
G4scott said:
Here's my setup:

_MG_0542.jpg

Kinda hard to see the computer with that 1700" HDTV in the way, but you get the idea :p

No offense, but I don't think a&m is the best in Texas - unless you're getting a degree in meat judging, that is. ;)

That's a pretty cool shot. How far away are you from the Mike Myers track? I used to run there when the Texas Relays were held back when I was in High School.

shortys408

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2006
macbookpro10 said:
UCF (As you can tell by the wall), University of Central Florida in Orlando. It is a great school for technology and computer majors. Plus, the dorms rock.

im at ucf too. it kicks ass.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Josias said:
Oh, I just usually can't multitask like that. I click out at 7 IM's, then there is no room for QT, iCal, Safari or Widgets. Perhaps iTunes and a video conversation over MSN, but no more.

You can't think of any better? What if I say Macbook?:D
My computer multitasks - I listen to music on iTunes, program with XCode 3-15 files open and Project builder - 1 file open 4 windows, have 1 camino window open with multiple tabs, mail in the background, adium open, chats going sometimes, and sometimes more than that. My iBook was built to multitask once it got the 512MB upgrade (1GB mem)

bep207

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2006
Josias said:
Extremely messy. But I must say I love these speakers for the 20" iMac...:D

extremely messy?! im glad i cleaned my desk before i posted this picture
you havent seen messy i guess.
the week of finals, you couldnt see the top of my desk

RamenBooko

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
sixstorm said:
Here's my setup after I got everything unpacked and where I want it. Hope you likes!

209639726_3638c61347.jpg

Wow man! I love it that you are using that as your desktop background.

That's the wallpaper I made, lol.

You must like it eh?

Mine:

PowerMac G5 DP 2.0GHz w/ 1.5GB RAM, 160GB HDD and 80GB Ext F/W Drive.

Dell D620 w/ 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD and nVidia Quadra Card with D/Port Replicator

Mac and Dell are sharing Keyboard/Mouse on a USB/Audio KVM.

Acer AL1916W, Dell Port Rep hooked to VGA, PowerMac to DVI.

Logitech Z2300's, Epson CX4200, some Xbox 360 Games, a cell phone and my glasses case.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
this is my setup from last year, its gonna change by an addition of either an iMac or mac pro...
attachment.php

can u tell i'm a neat freak.... :D
i'm going to miss that room- it was a single, now i have to deal with roommates :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.