Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
*Goes back and rereads previous post*
Yeah, you did say CD, my bad. Well, at least I'm going to win the race for getting a C2D MB first! So....nyah! What kind of times do most people in North America see from when it leaves China? tommytran86, what's your general location area (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm in PEI, and my macbook took three weeks from when I ordered to when I got it. (That was back in September though, when shipping delays were 3-5 business days - a bit longer than the estimate now. Anyway, if you're in Fredericton I would think shipping would take about as long.

A friend of mine ordered a MBP C2D about two weeks ago, and it's not here yet - probably another week, I'm thinking.

tommytran86

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2006
I'm in PEI, and my macbook took three weeks from when I ordered to when I got it. (That was back in September though, when shipping delays were 3-5 business days - a bit longer than the estimate now. Anyway, if you're in Fredericton I would think shipping would take about as long.

A friend of mine ordered a MBP C2D about two weeks ago, and it's not here yet - probably another week, I'm thinking.
i just check fedex it going to be here on wednesday by 10:30 am like i suspected god i'm good :)

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2004
Anyone know if they fixed the cracking issues on the new macbooks? And does anyone know why they were cracking in the first place? ;)

CeCe

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2006
Canada
The MB C2D is going to be my first apple purchase. I bought the extended warranty as well. But can someone tell me when would be the start date of the waranty? Is it the day I purchased it, the day it ships, etc? I have no idea.

My estimated delivery date is Nov. 27 - Dec 5. Those of you getting it this week, did you customize it or pay for the faster shipping? I'm in BC, Canada and it looks like it's going to be a bit before it arrives...

tommytran86

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2006
Some blokes have all the luck.;) Be sure to tell us what you think of it!

oh trust me i will :-D and the funny thing for my replacement is that they going to give me an external usb mobem becaues my g4 12 inch 1.33 ghz had a modem so they going to give me one hah anot that i i'm gonna use it prolly just gonna sell it :) yup its gonna be sweetttttt :) hope you guys get your MB soon my was ship overnight so im not sure about you guys but yeah :):rolleyes:

ironring2006

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
Ontario, Canada
i'm located in washington and according to rep when its actually out shipping it takes 1-7 days but knowing from apple i'l say for me it would take 3 days to get here what about you where you at and what status is your shipment in? my is on left orign :) but there is no exact arrive date yet.
Mine just says that it's been picked up by FedEx. I don't think it's gone anywhere yet. Somewhere in my clicking I thought I saw a Nov. 16 delivery date on it, but now I can't find that page.

bhaussmann

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
Core2DUO SHIPPED on SAT....

Hi all!!

I ordered mine with a custom build ( 2gig Black 2.0 GHz ) on the 8th with standard free shipping and I just checked the order status on my order and it says IT HAS SHIPPED!!! Should be here on the 15th...:D

I will keep you guys posted as to the likes and or dislikes I find with this puter!

FeLiX

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
i've been waiting for dedicated graphics too, but it's the 2nd gen macbook now and apple have decided to keep going down the integrated graphics path. i think they're gonna keep going down this path, but will probably upgrade the graphics to a newer/better integrated chip next time. i just can't stand waiting for another 6 months for a macbook and hoping that it'll be everything that i want it to be. it's time to buy :cool:

Realistically, the next Macbook update is another 6 months or so away and will include the i965 chipset (the successor to the current i945). With this there should be the inclusion of the upcoming Intel GMA3000 integrated graphics. According to the info released so far, it looks like a huge improvement over the current GMA950.

OTOH, if you need a notebook now and would really prefer the dedicated graphics, take a good look at the Macbook Pro. The 15" is still very portable (unless you have to use it regularly on an airplane, but it's not much bigger than a Macbook).

edit: of course the MBP is more expensive, but IMO it's worth it if you'll be using this system all the time.

manic

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
from what I read, the 965 is actually much worse than the 950 due to design flaws.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
from what I read, the 965 is actually much worse than the 950 due to design flaws.
Proof?

The mobile variant isn't out yet. I do know it does consume a lot of power compared to older chipsets on the desktop side. Then again it looks like they're going to clock the mobile GMA X3000 at 400 MHz to save on power usage.

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006

Don't know where you have read that... The 950 was actually the oddball chipset as the primary two chipset revisions have been 945 and 965. And the 965 mobile shipset isn't even finalized or released yet, so actual results remain to be seen.

newno55

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2006
The MB C2D is going to be my first apple purchase. I bought the extended warranty as well. But can someone tell me when would be the start date of the waranty? Is it the day I purchased it, the day it ships, etc? I have no idea.

My estimated delivery date is Nov. 27 - Dec 5. Those of you getting it this week, did you customize it or pay for the faster shipping? I'm in BC, Canada and it looks like it's going to be a bit before it arrives...

I live just out side of Toronto, Ontario..... and my shipping dates estimates are the same as yours!

I have a feeling it will come before the 24th (ie. before that weekend)
I did not customize, and just used the free shipping option.

MacsAttack

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2006
Scotland

Apple Care is from the day it ships.

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
nice notebook

I bought the black macbook on wednesday, the day it was released. So far it appears that the standard 1 GB is enough for my purposes, though the kid in me is telling me to upgrade to 2GB. Should i or shouldn't I??!

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Don't if money is tight

I bought the black macbook on wednesday, the day it was released. So far it appears that the standard 1 GB is enough for my purposes, though the kid in me is telling me to upgrade to 2GB. Should i or shouldn't I??!
The memory will be cheaper in the future, so if you wait you can upgrade for less.

On the other hand, things will be snappier with more memory, so if you've got spare cash go ahead and do it now.

tommytran86

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2006
The memory will be cheaper in the future, so if you wait you can upgrade for less.

On the other hand, things will be snappier with more memory, so if you've got spare cash go ahead and do it now.

yep thats what i'm doing wiating till the ram go down :)

GuyV

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2006
Europe
Any update from UK'ers?

I'm hoping it will be shipped today :rolleyes:

Did you get lucky? I'm in Belgium and my white 2Ghz, 2gb macbook which I ordered one hour after it was released still hasn't been shipped... it's supposed to ship tomorrow and arrive on the 21st or 22nd, how awfully long that would be. The UK being rather close, I suppose that your dates are similar?
Well, good luck to you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.