Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GraXXoR

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Again, it's far from a certainty that people will run into this issue. It appears like the odds are quite small. But let's hope that Apple fixes that issue in a quick time for you
Interestingly six of these failures have occurred in a single social group of colleagues. Wifi issue? Company policy settings glitch?

Last edited:
Reactions: ninecows

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
And get your four colleagues to post the same video. Such a cluster of identical failures is super curious….

He would be accused of spreading disinformation. People would say it’s click bait. In fact many here would not even look at it in the first place. They have said that many times since this launch.

• Haha
Reactions: Jumpthesnark

GraXXoR

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
He would be accused of spreading disinformation. People would say it’s click bait. In fact many here would not even look at it in the first place. They have said that many times since this launch.
Many people here have said they wouldn’t watch the videos even if he and his colleagues posted them?

Am I going to have to reread this long thread to find these many people?

Before I do, though, could you define many? Might be we merely have differing interpretations of what “many” means.

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Many people here have said they wouldn’t watch the videos even if he and his colleagues posted them?
Not here, this is from past experience.

He can go to reddit. Posting your own video on YouTube could be considered self-promotion here.

Mcrumors David

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Absolutely do not spend $1000+ on the 15 pro max. It has a bug that causes making a phone call practically impossible. You have to reboot the phone and you can make maybe one call before it freezes up.

Siri also doesn’t work. It spins a...

...you probably wiped the phone, sure ...but then just REINSTALLED YOUR OLD BACKUP !? 🤷🏼‍♀️

BoomBoomTap

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2023
A bit overdramatic? You ran into an issue that I didn't hear about until now. It seems like it affects a small proportion of the userbase. You are still under the warranty, so Apple most likely will replace the iPhone if there is a clear defect.

I don't have the iPhone 15 PM, but this kind of post is silly. It's unfortunate that you ran into issues, but it can happen, and this doesn't mean that all iPhones 15 PM are defective.
There is more drama here than on the show of The Kardashians 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: bevsb2 and GraXXoR

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
IMHO:
It's totally fair to write a post saying: “I have this serious problem with my phone and so do 5 of my colleagues. Before talking to Apple I would like to know if anyone else is seeing this or have a clue what’s going on”

What I consider not fair is to yell in CAPS that no one should buy an iPhone because you and 5 others have a non documented problem with it.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
You are another one who’s been making it a mission to spread this bs everywhere. What’s the actual objective.
I have no agenda or objective other than free speech and allowing the dissemination of information so that members and viewers here can make an informed decision on Apple products.

Years ago I proposed a different engine for a sports car that didn’t sit well with the members. I was just bringing a new idea that solved the issue some had with performance. Like here, the fan boys ragged on the idea, attacked me personally and out of the blue I got banned from the site. A couple of years later Ford brings out the engine swap I envisioned. I was vindicated but still banned.

Bringing issues here will get noticed by Apple and help them trouble shoot early problems with their most valued product. If it bothers some that doing this drags down the image of the product so be it. But unless you are absolutely sure that issue is a lie, you have to let the person involved express it! Keeping issues with an iPhone quiet only lets the problem snowball and affect more users.

Sure some posts could be fake and just the competition or Android fans dragging down the brand. But most are legitimate issues as far as I can see and deserve discussion here.

Rathakoy86

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
I still don’t understand why people always bring up price? Like if can’t afford it don’t buy it.. I spend 12-1300 a year on the newest iPhone all the time and when the new one comes out I give the old one away for free to my family.. I’m never like “oh it’s 1000 dollar phone I better get my moneys worth” like if you’re broke just say so .. it’s just money.. if you can afford it maybe go get a cheaper android

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
I still don’t understand why people always bring up price? Like if can’t afford it don’t buy it.. I spend 12-1300 a year on the newest iPhone all the time and when the new one comes out I give the old one away for free to my family.. I’m never like “oh it’s 1000 dollar phone I better get my moneys worth” like if you’re broke just say so .. it’s just money.. if you can afford it maybe go get a cheaper android
Slightly off topic but:

If you buy a Ferrari and it turns out it cannot drive, you are more likely to mention its price when you complain than if you bought a KIA.

I guess that’s why.

Good on you that you have so much money that you can hand them out for free like that. Really happy on your behalf.

• Haha
Reactions: Shirasaki

OneBar

Suspended
Dec 2, 2022
Slightly off topic but:

If you buy a Ferrari and it turns out it cannot drive, you are more likely to mention its price when you complain than if you bought a KIA.

I guess that’s why.

Good on you that you have so much money that you can hand them out for free like that. Really happy on your behalf.
Bad comparison. People who buy Ferraris know up front it's going to spend more time in the shop than on the road driving. That's part of the package.

-Ray-

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
I had and still have this problem on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I think it has something to do with the dynamic island. Im on my third phone and the issue pops up everyone and a while.

IG88

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2016
Today I discovered 5 people - four colleagues - who have the same issue. They couldn’t call Apple because they can’t make phone calls. I directed them to chat support.

I also discovered another person through here with the same issue
Sounds like an eSIM problem with the carrier. Are you all on the same carrier?

CapitalIdea

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2022
It’s not silly. It’s a $1000 phone that doesn’t make….phone calls. Seems to me a fairly basic function. Of a $1000 PHONE.

this is also my second phone.

imagine needing to call 911 in an emergency. And it won’t make a call.

It IS silly to dramatically tell the world not to buy a product just because you have what is pretty clearly a fringe case. My 15 pro max works perfectly. Same with everyone else I know who has one.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Dramatic post, sounds like my wife.

My 15 Pro has been fine since day 1, just like cars, some people will get lemons for a phone.

dalestrauss

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2013
Midland, TX
Sounds like carrier network to me as well - are you and your colleagues all on the same network? Have you had an eSIM plan before? Could the restore from your prior phone backup be causing settings conflicts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.