Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Yup, they saw $$$$ and got greedy, but they were signing an agreement with the greed-masters.... largely, the Chinese have no principles when it comes to business. (no offense to anyone that does).

Pffft, why would anyone take offence? All you did was racially stereotype 1.3 billion people! :rolleyes:

Goldenbear

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
...So now we're screwed since Apple knows the exploits and will patch them before 7.1.

Ridiculous.
Let me get this straight.

Apple now knows about additional exploits/vulnerabilities in iOS and can patch them so that malicious hackers can't use them, and this is a bad thing???

Slightly OT, but I've always said the jailbreak community deserves some praise for identifying vulnerabilities in iOS. My beef with them is that they keep these vulnerabilities to themselves, instead of letting Apple know so that they can be fixed. But they do it in order to bring people jailbreaks, so I sort of understand their position.

However, what ticks me off is when Apple fixes the new vulnerabilities and some jailbreak fools come out crying that Apple "broke the jailbreak" :rolleyes:

Seriously?

If Apple didn't fix known vulnerabilities, people would be (rightly) crucifying them!

Cause iOS7 looks like a 2 year old crayoned it??
No, you're describing Windows prior to 7. iOS 7 looks no worse than Win7/8 and a heck of a lot better than Metro, which does look like a 2 year old was set loose with crayons.

I honestly don't have a problem with the look of iOS 7. I wasn't a huge fan of skeuomorphism (although I didn't hate it either), so I'm sort of glad to see it go. I tend to adapt quickly to changes, so it really isn't a big deal.

alec6542

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
Yeah they "didn't know" that there were pirated apps on their app store? Please. Their responses are nothing but damage control, plain and simple. As someone else on here said, they've been "caught with their pants down", and are now trying to backpedal, but IMO the damage is done. They should use some of that $1 million to hire a PR crisis manager.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
ok,,, but what's this?

"Furthermore, two tweets by developer i0n1c (via Y Combinator) state that a Chinese company paid the Evad3rs development team a rumored $1 million dollars to release "

a few days ago...

Despite the NOW saying, "no money exchanged hands", why did they hint it then ? being a rumored, or not a rumor, doesn't matter... Point is, is was revealed in the first place.

lol ... its almost as bad as Google saying "no money exchanged hands while we stuck a deal with Nestle over a Android kit-kat.."

What do these people reckon we are ?

No facts, i know, but bringing stuff to the table as though what REALLY happened, but just saying its "rumored" its just not on....... They only humiliate themselves.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Let me get this straight.

Apple now knows about additional exploits/vulnerabilities in iOS and can patch them so that malicious hackers can't use them, and this is a bad thing???

Slightly OT, but I've always said the jailbreak community deserves some praise for identifying vulnerabilities in iOS. My beef with them is that they keep these vulnerabilities to themselves, instead of letting Apple know so that they can be fixed. But they do it in order to bring people jailbreaks, so I sort of understand their position.

However, what ticks me off is when Apple fixes the new vulnerabilities and some jailbreak fools come out crying that Apple "broke the jailbreak" :rolleyes:

Seriously?

If Apple didn't fix known vulnerabilities, people would be (rightly) crucifying them!

Haha yes it is indeed a double edged sword. Personally, I'd rather have the jailbreak vulnerabilities stay in iOS so we could continue to have jailbreaks right after release :p

For quite some time, direct usb access with a computer has been required to compromise a device (jailbreakme.com in 4.3 was the last truly dangerous bug I believe) . For all the pluses a jailbreak can have, I'd take vulnerabilities over a usb connection to a computer. But I hear you :D

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Your phone "just works" for playing GameBoy and N64 games, right? And your Terminal and interface changer work? Lastly, does your phone work without a SIM card?

If I wanted a phone without a sim card, I would save a lot of money and get an iPod Touch. If I wanted to play a gameboy, I'd buy a gameboy.

----------

I would also wager that you are way overcalling the amount of people who could successfully create a stable jailbreak. You are also very judgmental.

You're right, I'm being a little judgmental. I think I have a little wisdom behind why I'm judging the JBers, but that's besides the point.

I don't think I'm overcalling the amount of people who could do it though. I mean, do you think the tech industry employs engineers to make products every day that include encryption and embedded systems and that they could be NOT redirected to jailbreak iDevices? This is a very naive view of the world. Many get paid A LOT of money to innovate, but if circumstances were different and they had a lot of free time, I'm sure they could jailbreak iDevices even better than what is being done now. Never confuse silence for potential. And even 100,000 geniuses is still just .001% of the population of the world.

cosmolv

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
Latvia
Lol, don't forget it's a 2 year old who only had white crayons in his box.

i went to store today, just touched little bit iPhone 5 with iOS6 - then i looked on my iPhone 5 with iOS7 (it really sucks in this cold and flat design compare to iOS6...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.