Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I have successfully jail broken my iPhone 5s, but if I listen to any audio for over 30 minutes the volume automatically increases to maximum and cannot be lowered. Since I had updated to 7.0.4 ota I decided to try a clean iTunes restore and to jailbreak again. Yet It is still occurring.

Any Ideas?

Thanks so much.

Have you tried before jail breaking? Just to rule out a bug in stock 7.04
If so, try a DFU restore just to make sure and see if it still happens then.

Htin

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2013
has the issue of boot loop apple logo been fixed? (device: iPad 2/ iPad mini 2)

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Was about to jailbreak my iPhone 5c, downloaded evasi0n and I got an error message when I tried to open it. "Check with the developer to make sure evasi0n 7 works with this version of Mac OS X"

Running 10.6.8 but found this in the problem report.:

"Reason: Incompatible library version: evasi0n7 requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0"

Do I need to be on 10.7? The evad3rs site says 10.6 minimum.

Last edited:

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Was about to jailbreak my iPhone 5c, downloaded evasi0n and I got an error message when I tried to open it. "Check with the developer to make sure evasi0n 7 works with this version of Mac OS X"

Running 10.6.8 but found this in the problem report.:

"Reason: Incompatible library version: evasi0n7 requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0"

Do I need to be on 10.7? The evad3rs site says 10.6 minimum.

Okay. From what I can gather it won't work on 10.6.8 :(

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I can't find anyone who's managed to get it to work on 10.6.8

----------

Piracy is the only reason to jailbreak?

It works ins on 10.6,8, looks like you need to update curl to 7

Piracy certainly is not what Jailbreaking is for, if that's what you want to use it go, don't bother!

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
It works ins on 10.6,8, looks like you need to update curl to 7

Piracy certainly is not what Jailbreaking is for, if that's what you want to use it go, don't bother!

I'm not planning on using it for piracy. I was replying to someone else who seemed to be suggesting that.

I have no idea how to update curl. Looks like I have some more googling to do! :)

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Really not my area, sorry. Hopefully someone here should know what to do.
Good luck.

Thanks man. Been checking it out on twitter too. Lots of people tweeting the evad3rs team. From what I can gather, updating the curl is a bit of a no no. I can either update to 10.7 (which I don't really want to do just for a jailbreak) or hope the evad3rs can sort it out at their end in the next update.

Thanks anyway. And happy new year. ;)

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Happy new year to you too.
They don't read tweets, far to many of them, so I've just DM'd MN in case no one else has.

Last edited:

Avalon74

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
Anyone else still having an issue jailbreaking the cellular retina iPad mini with evasion 1.0.2? Ive tried 3 times and gotten stuck in a reboot loop each time.

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thanks man. Been checking it out on twitter too. Lots of people tweeting the evad3rs team. From what I can gather, updating the curl is a bit of a no no. I can either update to 10.7 (which I don't really want to do just for a jailbreak) or hope the evad3rs can sort it out at their end in the next update.

Thanks anyway. And happy new year. ;)

Tagging along, having this problem also. SUCKS.

Jett0516

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2010
Is there a fix for the missing weather info in the notification view? I've searched around but found nothing.

Spontida

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
The update to Evasion 0.2 untethered via mobile substrate broke some of my main apps such as safari and the calculator app on my iPhone 5s.

It also made spotlight very slow. It was very fast before the update. How can I fix this? If i revert back to 0.1 I can't use mobile substrate since updating mobile substrate installed 0.2.

Last edited:

Branphma

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Hi guys,

Happy new Year!

I Am trying to jailbreak my iPhone 5 today...without success:(

Before jailbreaking i reset the iPhone 5 via iTunes to 7.0.4. I downloaded the Windows version of evasi0n from their website. Startet the programm and plugged in my iPhone (passcode deaktivated). Jailbreak process starts but fails while uploading the jailbreak data. ("Failed uploading jailbreak data. Please rerun the programm and try again.")
Tried it 4 times now. Did not find a solution on the internet yet. Anyone who could assist me here?

Best regards!

Edit: My bad:( The firewall blocked the evasion programm.

evasi0nios7

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2014
Fixes for all of your evasi0n problems

Problem 1. Mac says that it cannot open evasi0n due to a problem. Simple fix, go to the App store on your Macbook/Mac and look for OS X Maverick (it's free) Download it and upgrade.
Problem 2. Mac wont open evasi0n because it cannot recognize the creator/source etc. Right click on evasi0n and press open. It will ask you to confirm opening an application with an unknown source press open again.
Problem 3. Stuck on boot logo. Plug in your device and upgrade the device to ios 7.0.4. You MUST plug it into your computer and do this, the jailbreak will not work if you upgrade it through the settings on the device. After it has been updated to 7.0.4, the jailbreak will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.