Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Problem 1. Mac says that it cannot open evasi0n due to a problem. Simple fix, go to the App store on your Macbook/Mac and look for OS X Maverick (it's free) Download it and upgrade.
Problem 2. Mac wont open evasi0n because it cannot recognize the creator/source etc. Right click on evasi0n and press open. It will ask you to confirm opening an application with an unknown source press open again.
Problem 3. Stuck on boot logo. Plug in your device and upgrade the device to ios 7.0.4. You MUST plug it into your computer and do this, the jailbreak will not work if you upgrade it through the settings on the device. After it has been updated to 7.0.4, the jailbreak will work.

My MBP does not qualify for Maverick. I can't go to ML because i have bootcamp and have the partition error, which means a clean install, which i cant do right now.

So essentially, i cant JB then?

evasi0nios7

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2014
I can't find anyone who's managed to get it to work on 10.6.8

----------

Piracy is the only reason to jailbreak?

Update to OS X Maverick it can be found in the App Store for free.

----------

My MBP does not qualify for Maverick. I can't go to ML because i have bootcamp and have the partition error, which means a clean install, which i cant do right now.

So essentially, i cant JB then?

I dont believe so. I'm looking for another fix but I'll let you know if I find anything

kqmaverick

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
The update to Evasion 0.2 untethered via mobile substrate broke some of my main apps such as safari and the calculator app on my iPhone 5s.

It also made spotlight very slow. It was very fast before the update. How can I fix this? If i revert back to 0.1 I can't use mobile substrate since updating mobile substrate installed 0.2.

Same here, I found if I restore and jailbreak again safari, calculator and weather will work until a reboot.

Edit: This is caused by AppSync

Uninstall AppSync

Delete the following files:

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore

reboot

Last edited:

Htin

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2013
ipad mini 2 retina with cellular still going into boot loop after several tries with 1.0.2

guess you're not doing it right.. i just helped my friend jailbreak his brand new 128gb cellular + wifi model iPad mini retina and no issues.

NayborAxi

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Same here, I found if I restore and jailbreak again safari, calculator and weather will work until a reboot.

Edit: This is caused by AppSync

Uninstall AppSync

Delete the following files:

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore

reboot

Thank you. That fixed my issues! I also had other issues with the camera app and i had to install "statusbarfix2" to fix it.

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Anyone having problems running evasi0n on 10.6.8 it looks like your only option is to upgrade your operating system. The minimum requirements have been changed on the evad3rs site to 10.7 so it doesn't seem that they're going to change anything to make it compatible with Snow Leopard

I upgraded to Mavericks last night and am about to run the jailbreak.

W00MBA

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
Everything went smooth with my JB on ip5 7.0.4. Started getting some tweaks and themes set up and they seem to work alright. Im having issues with the notification center. If i get a text/email/any notification, they do not show up in the default pull down menu. Anyone know a fix for this?
My second problem is that whenever i try and search anything on my phone (through the drop down menu) it will restart my phone into safe mode. Still working to figure out what is causing it or what will fix it and will update when i figure it out. If anyone else has these issues or knows a fix, id love to hear it.
Edit: After removing my cydia addons one by one, the search seems to work after removing Winterboard. Still having an issue with my notification center though. Probably going to restart my JB with tweaks that are confirmed working.

Edit2: Figured out the issue i was having with the notification center. For some reason when i jailbroke, all of my notifications were reset. After turning on the "show in notification center" option, everything returned to normal.

Last edited:

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
ipad mini 2 retina with cellular still going into boot loop after several tries with 1.0.2

I'm having the exact same issue on an ipad 2. Never seen this problem before with a JB. How to get out of it? I cant turn off wifi and icloud b/c it wont turn on from the loop.

NM I figured it out. I had the older version 1.0.1 instead of the updated 1.0.2 with the fix.

Last edited:

ttinc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
I'm stuck at the last step where it says "to continue, please unlock your device" -- I did, multiple times and it isn't progressing at all.

Should I press exit and try it again?

Edit: I downloaded the new version (1.0.2)...I had 1.0 and now it worked.

Last edited:

Urof

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2014
Newsstand

Is anyone else having problems using the Newsstand app?

I have 2 magazine subscriptions that are in the Newsstand. There are supposedly new issues out, but they don't appear in the app. I also can't download any older issues (I get the error Error During Download, Please resume download later).

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK

I have 2 magazine subscriptions that are in the Newsstand. There are supposedly new issues out, but they don't appear in the app. I also can't download any older issues (I get the error Error During Download, Please resume download later).

No problem here.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut

I had a couple issues with that, but when I closed the app out and then restarted, it was OK.

uisim151

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2013
Milky Way, planet Earth
I'm getting nowhere in my own thread so ill post this here as well. When I install or update apps via app store sometimes it crashes into safe mode and some or all cydia tweak icons or apps disappear. Did a fresh install, stock repos, no pirated apps. I have iconoclasm, bigify a snes emulator, barrel installed. Does anyone know what may be responsible for this?

Bag302

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
I need help trying to JB my 5s.

Evasion keeps saying the phone has a passcode, but I don't use one. I tried turning it on and disabling it but same results every time.

Anything i'm missing?

Auxo

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2013
A³tweaks
I can't find chromes directory in iFile. It's not among the other apps but I have it installed! What's going on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.