Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vasili0s

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Athens,Greece
the jailbreaking process was seamless for me.

unfortunately it seems its broken weather in the notification view.

no weather temps appear whatsoever.

ive tried resetting the device, resetting all settings,toggling weathers location services and background refresh on/off,to no avail.

anyone else encompassing the same behavior?

Amiz

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
To ensure the Jailbreak process runs smoothly:

1. Backup your whole iPhone on your computer
2. Do a clean restore and set up as new iPhone
3. Now jailbreak using the evasi0n program and follow the steps
4. After jailbroken, restore from backup

Don't install any tweaks until MobileSubstrate is updated!

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Did f.lux appear in the settings app? It's not in mine i just have the app. Also i can't get hidden7settings to appear in control centre on ipad.

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
For mac users....this is what I had to do to get evasion to run. Open evasion from where you downloaded it from the internet. Open it as far as your mac will let you. Save that file to your desktop. Go into finder, control open the file from within finder. Should work as long as you control open in finder.

xyfish

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
hey all,

May i know if the jailbreak changes any default app opening/closing animations? after jailbreaking, seems my animations are gone. my apps now open & close without any animation

I updated & restored from 7.02 to 7.04 then proceeded to jailbreak.

Not sure if there was something wrong with the jailbreak process or that its normal :confused:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
evasi0n trouble and troubleshooting [MERGED]

hey all,

May i know if the jailbreak changes any default app opening/closing animations? after jailbreaking, seems my animations are gone. my apps now open & close without any animation

I updated & restored from 7.02 to 7.04 then proceeded to jailbreak.

Not sure if there was something wrong with the jailbreak process or that its normal :confused:

Did you check to see if 'Reduce Motion' was turned off? Believe this was added in 7.0.3 and since you haven't updated until now, that toggle might be on.

Last edited:

xyfish

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
Did you check to see if 'Reduce Motion' was turned off? Believe this was added in 7.0.3 and since you haven't updated until now, that toggle might be on.

thanks, tried with the toggle off and it seems back to normal. :)

i toggle it on in 7.0.2 and it only seemed to stop the background & lockscreen from moving when you tilt the phone.

didnt know it kills open/close animations too in 7.0.4

walts

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
Apps not working

I did the 7.0.4 jailbreak on my iPhone 4 as soon as it was announced. The JB went well and apart from some well-known issues with Cydia apps, all is well.

But...

Safari and Mail each open a blank window and immediately close. That's no bother since I have Chrome and Gmail, but is there a way to change the default browser and e-mail client?

Walt

Since posting this, I have discovered that Calculator also doesn't work.
I first did the JB with 1.0, and then tried running 1.0.1 but quit when evasi)n warned that re-jailbreaking was a bad idea.

Is anyone else having these symptoms? Any ideas, please?

Walt

Scott M

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2009
When I go into settings > general > software update, before jailbreaking, it would tell me what version of ios I was on, and whether I have an update waiting or not. However, since jailbreaking, when I go into software update, it just comes up as "checking for update" and the loading wheel just continuously spins. It never actually loads. Is this normal after jailbreaking?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
The jail break tool is designed to kill the software update so people dont mess up and update 'accidently'

Yes its normal.

uisim151

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2013
Milky Way, planet Earth
Any fix to the stock apps not working? I can't open Safari, mail, weather, and possibly others

I don't know if this was said already because I'm too lazy to read all posts but selecting "reset all settings" does the trick

if this doesn't work alone delete com.apple.mobile.installation.plist & com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore in var/mobile/library/caches

Don't know why but but for me, without deleting these two the stock apps crashed after a doing a reset. The files come back either way. safari, mail, ect.... should all work now

Last edited:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Who knows how to make re-jb to 1.0.1? I tap on evasi0n icon but nothing happens.

You don't need to re jailbreak.

TaiG has been kill switched.

Mobile Substrate will come down as an update.

If you really want to use 1.0.1 then first restore your idevice and start again.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I don't know if this was said already because I'm too lazy to read all posts but selecting "reset all settings" does the trick

if this doesn't work alone delete com.apple.mobile.installation.plist & com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore in var/mobile/library/caches

Don't know why but but for me, without deleting these two the stock apps crashed after a doing a reset. The files come back either way. safari, mail, ect.... should all work now

Didn't work :( I still can't get them to open.

mbrooking12

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2013
Has anyone had trouble with 4S overheating?
I've not had this problem and the only thing that's changed is the jailbreak. I can't turn on wifi at the moment and I don't want to have to restore my phone.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
While I'm waiting on MobileSubstrate being updated before I jailbreak, would it have been better for the community to sit on this jailbreak until after 7.1 went public? Apple will likely close this exploit and I cannot use 7.0.4 over 7.1 especially on my iPad, as 7.1 is so much smoother, quicker and has the correct pinch to close gesture animation. Hopefully they've got other exploits waiting to go when 7.1 is out for everyone.

Last edited:

punger1165

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
I have successfully jail broken my iPhone 5s, but if I listen to any audio for over 30 minutes the volume automatically increases to maximum and cannot be lowered. Since I had updated to 7.0.4 ota I decided to try a clean iTunes restore and to jailbreak again. Yet It is still occurring.

Any Ideas?

Thanks so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.