Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Here is the edge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 209

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Nice.....killing me that we have to wait til April1st to order. Wonder when delivery would be? The 10th?

We haven't been given any pre-order dates yet. I'm gonna check out the apple watch on Monday but I'm pretty much set on the S6 edge :D

The note 4 still has an outside shot but it's old tech... Not shiney and new like the S6/S6 edge.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
The note 4 still has an outside shot but it's old tech... Not shiney and new like the S6/S6 edge.

Wow, the note 4 is old tech.LOL My Note 3 must be ancient.:( As sad as this is, with today's tecnology, it's kinda true (I get that there's some sarcasm in your post).

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
Samsung have had a habit of promising higher capacity versions of their phones before, but ended up never really delivering. I remember Galaxy S3 back in the day was supposed to have a 32gb model but I've never seen one

That said, with a Micro SD card slot, this wasn't an issue. I do therefore suspect theyll roll out all three models at launch

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
We haven't been given any pre-order dates yet. I'm gonna check out the apple watch on Monday but I'm pretty much set on the S6 edge :D

How dare you call my precious old tech, think you hurt its feelings :( :p

Looking forward to the S6 Edge, I get the feeling that Samsung will start making all the following high ends with an Edge, to a point where it will be a norm where a Samsung has a curved display. I expect the Note 5 to come with a curved display only.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
How dare you call my precious old tech, think you hurt its feelings :( :p

Looking forward to the S6 Edge, I get the feeling that Samsung will start making all the following high ends with an Edge, to a point where it will be a norm where a Samsung has a curved display. I expect the Note 5 to come with a curved display only.

It will depend on sales, which will be interesting to see S6 vs S6 edge sales. I think the S6 edge will easily sell double, even at the higher price.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
It will depend on sales, which will be interesting to see S6 vs S6 edge sales. I think the S6 edge will easily sell double, even at the higher price.

Double the standard S6? I'll take that bet---not a snowball's chance in hell it outsells the standard S6. Geeks and tech aficionado's are will to pay extra for unique gadgets but the general consumer is far more price conscious. And when you tell them there really isn't any big functional benefits, that'll seal the deal.

I'll be surprised if the S6 edge sells half as many standard S6s.

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Was chatting to a friend today who is "affiliated" with some of the mobile companies here. They get to upgrade their phone for free once a year and the latest list is out - It has the S6 but not the Edge.

I think there is going to be a substantial price difference between the two which will hold the edge sales back. Those that want the edge look will pay the premium but I suspect most sales will be the standard s6.

Double the standard S6? I'll take that bet---not a snowball's chance in hell it outsells the standard S6. Geeks and tech aficionado's are will to pay extra for unique gadgets but the general consumer is far more price conscious. And when you tell them there really isn't any big functional benefits, that'll seal the deal.

I'll be surprised if the S6 edge sells half as many standard S6s.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Was chatting to a friend today who is "affiliated" with some of the mobile companies here. They get to upgrade their phone for free once a year and the latest list is out - It has the S6 but not the Edge.

I think there is going to be a substantial price difference between the two which will hold the edge sales back. Those that want the edge look will pay the premium but I suspect most sales will be the standard s6.

I kind of agree with you and tbayrgs. I think the S6 will out sell the S6E.

But then last year I think everyone thought the IP6 would out sell the IP6+ and last I heard the 6+ was in the lead.
Then it might come down to availability. Is Samsung going to produce the same numbers for both phones? Not sure but I would think they would make more of the S6 than the S6E.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I kind of agree with you and tbayrgs. I think the S6 will out sell the S6E.

But then last year I think everyone thought the IP6 would out sell the IP6+ and last I heard the 6+ was in the lead.
Then it might come down to availability. Is Samsung going to produce the same numbers for both phones? Not sure but I would think they would make more of the S6 than the S6E.

Really regarding the iP6+? I admittedly have checked lately but I thought I recall that the standard iP6 was outselling the 6+ something like 3 to 1.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Really regarding the iP6+? I admittedly have checked lately but I thought I recall that the standard iP6 was outselling the 6+ something like 3 to 1.

You are right! I looked it up and most are reporting the 6 to be outselling the 6+ at 3 to 1. :eek:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Edge won't sell as much as S6 due to price..as the edge does everything a regular S6 can do

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
It probably depends where in the world you are. Certainly in the UK and Europe the 6 is more popular than the Plus but the Asian market tends to have a desire for phablet phones and I guess this is where the figures are boosted. I rarely see a Plus in the wild but plenty of 6's. Back to the topic though I would expect the standard S6 to sell more than the Edge because if prices have gone up, it will be down to the consumer to decide whether the curved screen is worth the extra cash. They are pretty much the same phone other than that. I like the look of the Gold S6 I have to say.

Sevanw

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
The people I currently know that will be picking up a new phone this summer all tell me it's the new Galaxy Phone they're getting. I'm only taking about 4 people here at the moment, but they all day they're getting the Edge. Seems to me the Edge is proving to be more popular than expected. Recent news is that Samsung is upping the production of the GS6 by 13 million because of demand. Of which 4 million will be the Edge.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Galaxy S edge might be the first phone owning where Samsung owners can feel proud using it. No more cheap plastic stigma like from the S3,S4, & S5. I still don't like the glass rear or camera hump. It probably isn't my fav design compared to the HTC One M7/M8 and iPhone 4 series/5s. The overall looks might be higher than all of the Sony Xperia Z series except the Z3 although they still have the sd slot and water resist. But for a Samsung, it is #1 surpassing the Note series in looks.

Currently the hottest-looking phone of 2015 and might stay that way the rest of the way. HTC doesn't look to surpass it after seeing the same ol', same ol' design from the M9. Apple is going through an "s" year. And gut tells me successors of the Z3 and G3 will generally look the same. Note 5 edge is expected but won't feel fresh, original, and surprising anymore. It is like the HTC One Max after M7. S6 edge is the HOTTEST-looking phone to get for 2015!

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I guess I'm the only one that is going the other way of the curve. I wanted the edge but now want the regular s6 more. :)

Mikebai5

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2014
S6 will sell more units than the S6 edge due to store availability. While the S6 edge will sell out faster.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I guess I'm the only one that is going the other way of the curve. I wanted the edge but now want the regular s6 more. :)

If i get one im not getting the Edge just because it costs too much. It doesnt do enough extra things to justify the price for me and i dont buy them because they look cool. GS6 will be good enough for me.

I do hate that they went to a glass back. Id prefer plastic to glass back.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
If i get one im not getting the Edge just because it costs too much. It doesnt do enough extra things to justify the price for me and i dont buy them because they look cool. GS6 will be good enough for me.

I do hate that they went to a glass back. Id prefer plastic to glass back.

Agree. Price is a factor regarding the edge for me as well.

As for the glass, I've said in the s6 thread that I must be one of the few people that don't mind the glass. The iPhone 4 and 4s were my favorite designed iphones to date. I think the s6 looks gorgeous with glass backs. And the way the colors change a little through the glass depending on the lighting and angle, I love it. I baby my devices so I am not overly worried about damaging my phone. I also plan to put a clear skin protector on the back, as I did my iPhone 4 and 4s. They go a surprisingly long way in preventing cracks when dropped. Also, it allows the device to be shown off. ;)

However, I completely understand any one's reservations and trepidations of a glass back device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.