Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I assume you've done a clean boot and maybe wiped the cache partition ? It's then a case of trying to find the cause of still problematic and with Android it can often be needle in a haystack. Install CCleaner from play store and delete your app caches as it may help too

sartrekid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2014
Germany
I promised @jamezr and @MRU a small review of the iCarer leather case. I'm going to add that in a little while. But first, I wanted to post a few pictures and impressions of my favorite case ever, the Ringke Fusion Clear Case (smoke black color).

I first thought I'd make a pros and cons list, but that's actually not possible because there's just nothing negative to say about this bumper case.

Let me start by saying that anyone who thinks cases in general "uglify" a phone, and anyone who bought the Edge over the normal S6 for its aesthetic appeal and wants their cases to be as unobtrusive and invisible as possible, the Ringke Fusion case is the one to get. If you own any color of the Edge other than white, I'd say get the smoke black variant.

Firstly, it looks STUNNING! I use it on my Emerald green S6 Edge and it looks absolutely fantastic. I bought the smoke black version. The rubber is very lightly tinted and looks beautiful on the dark green.

I prefer it over the crystal clear case because, even if that sounds paradox, the smoke black blends in with the phone so much better and is practically invisible whereas the crystal clear version doesn't blend in quite as well and looks a lot more bulky, like an add-on.

The material feels very, very good in the hand. It's listed as being a hard case but it's not. It's also not a soft case, it's somewhere in the middle and it does allow you to have a better grip as opposed to using the phone naked.

For people, like me, who often press the power and volume buttons accidentally, the case has these encapsulated with tiny bit of lip/distance which means you need to press the buttons a little bit harder, which is quite convenient.

The general fit of the case is great, not too tight, not too loose, just perfect, so that getting the phone in and out of the case is simple.

The dust caps are a perfect fit as well and easy to pull off/on. I've been using the case for a few weeks now and open/close the caps a few times a day. So far, no signs of wear/tear.

Dropping the phone is not a problem, either, though admittedly, the highest falls were waist-length, so not sure how well it fares in other scenarios and I don't want to test it out. With that said, using the phone with the case as my daily driver, with medium-to-heavy usage, the case offers enough protection to keep my phone free from scratches and dents. I drop my phone very often and the case has done what it's supposed to do. There's enough lip for the phone's front to be laid down without the screen touching the surface.

Yep, I think that's all I can think of right now. It's definitely a worthy investment.

PS: Sorry about the picture quality. I used my iPhone 4S and I'm not a photographer. But you should get the picture anyway.
IMG_1086.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG

Last edited:

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I assume you've done a clean boot and maybe wiped the cache partition ? It's then a case of trying to find the cause of still problematic and with Android it can often be needle in a haystack. Install CCleaner from play store and delete your app caches as it may help too

Haven't done any of that stuff yet, but earlier I cleaned up the phone with the CM security app, and it seems fine for now, but it's too early to make any observations. Thanks for the tips though. If worst comes to worst, I'll do that stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and also the Play Store is working again.

Reactions: MRU

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Been using the Spigen Ultra-hybrid case for about a day now, I cant remember who here recommended it, but whoever it was, thanks. Pretty much fulfills my requirements, and I think that this is the first time I prefer using the phone with a case. Its much more comfortable to hold, and the buttons are surprisingly satisfying to click. Loving it so far.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Been using the Spigen Ultra-hybrid case for about a day now, I cant remember who here recommended it, but whoever it was, thanks. Pretty much fulfills my requirements, and I think that this is the first time I prefer using the phone with a case. Its much more comfortable to hold, and the buttons are surprisingly satisfying to click. Loving it so far.

Yeah a lot of us are using the spigen hybrid with it. Spigen are my favourite third party case maker for all phones :)

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015
5 days in. And my thoughts on my edge plus... I absolutely love it.. I've always had flagship devices. . But this is something else.. it is so far advanced the than anything I've had before. . The quality of the camera is stunning. .. A+ so far, plus it feels no more near 5.7in screen..

Reactions: Osaka23

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
5 days in. And my thoughts on my edge plus... I absolutely love it.. I've always had flagship devices. . But this is something else.. it is so far advanced the than anything I've had before. . The quality of the camera is stunning. .. A+ so far, plus it feels no more near 5.7in screen..
Truly the only phone that doesn't feel the same as other flagships, I believe it's the only phone today that has uniqueness. ..everything else is same old stuff from the past 3 yrs

Reactions: billy the fish

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Picked up standard S6 but my reason for posting was that I loved the look of the gold but I just wasn't brave enough and went boring black lol

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Went into o2 today on a whim because I was walking past and picked up the Galaxy S6 Edge +. Lovely lovely phone.
I hated the silver version that I picked up, seems like it's only ever that or gold that I see in stores ha, but they don't look great in that colour at all IMO. Think it looks incredible in black from pics I've seen on the web.

It's an exciting phone for sure. How I wish it would be easy to just swap and change phones all the time with so many decent handsets out there at the minute.

Edit - When I say 'picked up' I don't mean buy ha. I mean just looked at!

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
One of my gripes with this phone is that they didn't put a fingerprint resistant coating on the back. There is a huge difference. I put a finger on the front, and left a barely visible mark (good job Samsung). But on the back it stands out loads, even on my gold version, and it ruins the look of the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.