Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sartrekid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2014
Germany
If Samsung had offered the Edge Plus in Emerald Green, I'd have been all over it long ago. I think the Emerald S6 Edge is the absolute best looking phone ever, and I mean "ever", of all phones in all variants ever made by any manufacturer. The way the color reflects in different lights is crazy beautiful.

The Samsung silver (only on the Note, sigh) and gold platinum colors come somewhat close, but not quite.

Oh, to make this post at least somewhat useful, I bought a few cases for my Edge and found that the Ringke Fusion Smoke is really, really good. I have not bought the transparent version as I already own the Samsung clear case. I get it when people say, why even buy an Edge if you're going to hide its beauty in an ugly enclosure. But this Ringke case is really unobtrusive and offers enough lip and overall protection to justify its existence. I drop my phone a few times per week and so far no scratches.

PS: I'll make a few photos and add them in a bit.

Reactions: MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If Samsung had offered the Edge Plus in Emerald Green, I'd have been all over it long ago. I think the Emerald S6 Edge is the absolute best looking phone ever, and I mean "ever", of all phones in all variants ever made by any manufacturer. The way the color reflects in different lights is crazy beautiful.

The Samsung silver (only on the Note, sigh) and gold platinum colors come somewhat close, but not quite.

Oh, to make this post at least somewhat useful, I bought a few cases for my Edge and found that the Ringke Fusion Smoke is really, really good. I have not bought the transparent version as I already own the Samsung clear case. I get it when people say, why even buy an Edge if you're going to hide its beauty in an ugly enclosure. But this Ringke case is really unobtrusive and offers enough lip and overall protection to justify its existence. I drop my phone a few times per week and so far no scratches.

Yeah despite owning three Edges (2 edge & 1 +) the emerald green constantly eluded me too.

If your announcing colours, release them all in each territory. It's so annoying.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Looking for an Edge+ case that is protective, simplistic, comfortable, but doesn't add too much weight. Any recommendations?

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Looking for an Edge+ case that is protective, simplistic, comfortable, but doesn't add too much weight. Any recommendations?
Spigen ultra hybrid case if you want really good protection...but if you want a case that you barely would know it's on the edge plus, the spigen liquid crystal ultra thin case is the best option. ...I have dropped my phone with the liquid crystal case with no scratches...entirely protects glass back and the edges...

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014

If you want an emerald green Samsung, go ask Apple to produce an emerald green iphone.

I personally think the emerald green is an awful colour when I saw it on the edge.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
If you want an emerald green Samsung, go ask Apple to produce an emerald green iphone.

I personally think the emerald green is an awful colour when I saw it on the edge.
Since Samsung already has a emerald green phone.
Don't those 2 statements contradict each other? Or are you just trying to start something?

Sevanw

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Since Samsung already has a emerald green phone.
Don't those 2 statements contradict each other? Or are you just trying to start something?

The real question is, when is this person not trying to start something? If it's just a matter of sheer ignorance, then so be it, but it's usually fueled by clueless hate. I'm guessing at this point, he/she will ask one or both of us to just go away.

Reactions: jamezr

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I got my Edge+ today. Really cool device! The size is way smaller than I thought. I love these Samsung screens! However, I prefer the Note 5 over the Edge+.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I got my Edge+ today. Really cool device! The size is way smaller than I thought. I love these Samsung screens! However, I prefer the Note 5 over the Edge+.
You gonna switch it out or give it time to see if you like it better?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
You gonna switch it out or give it time to see if you like it better?
I'm using it on the Samsung Trial Program. I'm waiting on my Nexus 6P to arrive in my month. About time my 30 days are up, the 6P will be here.

sartrekid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2014
Germany

Can I ask what your problem is and what it has to do with an iPhone? I have a Samsung Edge in Emerald green and love that color and phone and would love to have the Edge Plus in that color. I've posted pictures of my SAMSUNG here in this very thread.

I simply said that I would have loved to have the Edge Plus in that color because I like the larger screen size. So, I can't even mention a color preference without being told off?

Wow. Just wow.

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015
Just received my edge plus, it's awesome. But one question, in the shop the display model has a few 4k videos to play to show off the screen, my gallery is empty. . Is this right, I thought they would have put a nice sample video in there, like the tab s had.

sartrekid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2014
Germany
The real question is, when is this person not trying to start something? If it's just a matter of sheer ignorance, then so be it, but it's usually fueled by clueless hate. I'm guessing at this point, he/she will ask one or both of us to just go away.

Who are you referring to?

What's going on?

Edit: Nevermind. I've gone back and read GadgetSN's previous posts in this forum. Why would that person post in this thread if he gives a rat's behind for Samsung phones in the first place? Boggles the mind.

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Just received my edge plus, it's awesome. But one question, in the shop the display model has a few 4k videos to play to show off the screen, my gallery is empty. . Is this right, I thought they would have put a nice sample video in there, like the tab s had.
No it will be empty. Thats difference between demo unit and retail.

Reactions: billy the fish

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015
No it will be empty. Thats difference between demo unit and retail.
You would think they mite give to one nice vid to show the screen of to ifans, let them know what they are missing..

I've just downloaded a few 4k YouTube vids.. They look stunning...

I'm a side note, just taken my first outdoor well lot photo, absolutely amazing.. I will be interested to see how they look on my iMac.. But on the phone screen, the colours and details are fantastic..

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I still can't make my mind up on the edge +, I went into my town centre and a Samsung store has now opened there. That's puts my mind at ease with regards to repairs, apparently they do them on site. I've just received the iPhone 6s Plus and don't know know which to go with. (I'm not buying both!)

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I'm getting some pretty awful standby time on my Edge+ and I'm not too sure why. It's been unplugged for about 12h, most of that on standby, and it's on 22%. Is this normal?
Also, Play store is down.

EDIT: Forgot to show my usage stats. Here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 97

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm getting some pretty awful standby time on my Edge+ and I'm not too sure why. It's been unplugged for about 12h, most of that on standby, and it's on 22%. Is this normal?
Also, Play store is down.

EDIT: Forgot to show my usage stats. Here's a screenshot.
Was it at 100% when unplugged ? If so that's certainly not normal if its just been on standby. :(.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.